PhillyKev

Last of the charges dismissed......but......

...I had to agree to not posess any firearms for 18 months. The only reason I agreed to that was because the judge wiped the accusations from my record if I did and he was completely biased against me.

She didn't show up for the hearing today. Normally that would mean it gets dismissed automatically. But the judge went out of his way to get her phone number and call her. She said she forgot about it, so he asked if she could come in this afternoon. She said no she had to work. Then he asked if she wanted to pursue the accusation. She said no. Then he asked her if it was true that I pointed a gun at her. She said yes. So he said he wouldn't dismiss it because the charge was too serious and told her he was going to set a new date for next week. She said again that she didn't want to pursue it. He told her that she had to and they would issue a warrant for her arrest if she didn't show up next time.

It was pretty obvious from this guy's actions that he was biased against me (or probably biased against gun owners). He said his main concern was keeping guns out of my hands and that if I agreed to the 18 month order that the charges would be dismissed and there would be no finding of fault against me on my record. If he hadn't shown such an obvious bias and gone out of his way to get her to come to court I wouldn't have agreed but I think I would have lost a hearing since the burden of proof is just a preponderance of the evidence and he was already on her side. So I agreed to it.

At least it's over and I don't have to worry about the police coming to arrest me anymore based on her say so.

Well, atleast eventually everything will be back to what it should be.

By "posess" does that mean own or does that mean use? Can you still go to the range and rent a weapon to shoot in the mean time?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

By "posess" does that mean own or does that mean use? Can you still go to the range and rent a weapon to shoot in the mean time?

No I can still go to the range and rent or borrow. The exact order is "Must relenquish all firearms currently owned to the custody of the Philadelphia police department and not purchase any firearms for 18 months."

What does this do to the Civil Suit?
or the criminal suit against her?

Well, no criminal charges against her. Throughout this other process I have not once had the opportunity to tell my side of the story. So, since the charges were dropped as opposed to me being acquitted it would be hard to prove she lied.

As far as suing her, I'm still planning to do that. I have tangible things to sue for (posessions and money she borrowed), adn I'm going to tack on her making up these charges. Since that court will be hearing my side of things first, I think have a decent chance of winning that. Going to wait until the criminal charges against me are vacated in the beginning of June, though. Don't want her making any more accusations until that's all off the books so that it's not an immedate trip to jail.

Glad to hear YOU'RE okay Dude!

Sounds to me like the judge is just covering
his own ass should you happen to go Postal.

It's doesn't seem like you got a fair shake at all...
And I've can imagine your frustration.

If you had deep enough pockets,
you could fight that order and I'm sure you'd win.

If you haven't been found guilty of anything...
Why punish you?!

But sometimes it's best to just cut your losses
and cruise...B|

Sounds like a great woman!:o

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Um did you get in writing that you get your guns back??? B/C if not evidence rooms purge the shelves every few months, and anything not on hold for evidence to used in a case is looked over by the department, seen if they can use it, if not the either sell, or ususally destroy the rest. Dont think just B/C they told you yes that it will happen. I have seen cases where officers from other states going to pick up prisoners have been arrested had their weapons confiscated for illegal carrying of a weapon b/c they were carring concealed under their commision in a non reciprocal commission state, and even the department they were from could not get their guns back[:/] This was in Indiana(I think) when officers from louisiana went to pick up a fugitive there. It happens alot.

So, if I hear you right - you would voluntarily give up your constitutional right to avoid jail?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I think Its pretty safe thing to say that i never want to live in Pennsylvania........EVER!! fucking phyco women and shitty justice system. :S
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

In this situation I wouldn't know what to do. Faced with a felony charge that will mess up the rest of my life, faced with jail time, and pretty much the restart of my life....hell yes I would even tho I am strongly against it. You gotta do what is best for #1

It was a hearing - not a trial -

no "verdict" was given.

The judge was just using the power of his bench appointment to push his political views onto Kev.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

ahh ok , but what if he denied the request to give up his firearms?

Then a civil trial would have commenced to have an 18 month protection from abuse order filed against me. Wasn't criminal charges, civil matter. The criminal charges were already thrown out with no stipulations.

Long story, but in short...

Dated a psycho

Broke up with psycho

Psycho stalked and harassed me

I was stupid, felt bad for her so didn't file any charges against her.

Stopped responding to psycho and would just hang up whenever she called.

Psycho called police and said that I beat her up and pulled a gun on her.