glgflyer

L & B Customer Service

I have heard about how great L & B's customer service is but this is absolutely awsome. I purchased a used Optima I from a fellow skydiver a few months back. It worked fine except the battery indicator sometimes wasn't accurate. I contacted L & B and they said to send it to them and they would repair it free of charge. I mailed it to them 2 weeks and 2 days ago. Well, today I received in mail a brand new Optima II with the LED port. Now, how's that for customer service!!?? L & B, you just earned a customer for life!

I meant to start yet another thread about this subject a few weeks ago as well but I never got around to it. I needed a couple of small parts that I was having difficulty finding. I emailed L&B and Lars sent them to me right away, no questions asked.

This company is the barometer to measure others against.

I had lost the lens cover on my AltiTrack over New Year's at Eloy (because the case had cracked, and then broken), and when I asked how I could get it replaced, Mads wrote me back and had me send it in - a couple weeks later I got what looked like a brand new AltiTrack, except it still had all my jumps logged on it :)

"We'll start the ass kissing with you"

They changed my USB-altritrack communitcator from a 32-bit os compatilbe to a 64-bit os compatible free of charge!

I love those guys...that's why I've got Jumptrack, Altri-track, Viso, Optima and Solo... =P
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

Same experience. Last year, I'd bought an Altitrack off one of our wingsuiters who'd misplaced his, bought a new one, then found the old one (clod!). During the course of the last season, cracks developed in the housing. I wrote L&B, Mads said "Send it to us," so I did, and I got back what looks like a brand new one.

I own two pieces of L&B gear (Altitrack and a Pro-Track) and I'll stick with them as long as I can with customer service like that. Their products are top notch, and their service is unbeatable.
NIN
D-19617, AFF-I '19

I was going to order a new mounting clip for an old ProDyter and saw it had a price of $0 on their webpage. I sent them an e-mail asking if they were still available, and they wrote back with "send us your address and we will mail you one for free today".

Customer for life as well.

Z

The old standard clip had a well deserved reputation for not holding the unit very well. I never used mine after reading of so many others having the clip fail to retain their dytter. You'd be better off not attach it by other means, at least if it is your intention to mount it on the outside of a helmet. Perhaps they've redesigned it. I don't even think they bothered to make a version for the newer, smaller units.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

RTFM. ;) Their manuals usually have errors that can occur listed and have info how to proceed (Reset the device / Return for service etc.).

A friend of mine had the same problem and all you needed was read the manual, get a paper clip, stick it in a tiny hole on the side and reset the device. If the Err keeps coming back send it in.

Disassembling is not usually a good way to maintain warranty. But given the experiences with L&Bs customer service you could probably run their products over with a tank, send the remains in and still receive a new one. They have the best customer service I have ever seen anywhere.

The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

... But given the experiences with L&Bs customer service you could probably run their products over with a tank, send the remains in and still receive a new one. They have the best customer service I have ever seen anywhere.

Or send it through the washing machine.:o

Really.

Not by me, but he called and asked what the best way to dry it out was and if they thought it would still work afterwards and they said "Send it back". The new one arrived a week or so later.:)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I just got my USB-Track exchanged for a 64-bit one and new JumpTrack 3.2 software for Windows 7 free of charge and will send my old 32 bit USB Track back to them tomorrow. Steffen has just been great and promptly answered my emails etc. I now have JumpTrack 3.2 running flawlessly on my new Windows 7 64-bit Toshiba T215 laptop which is small and light enough to carry in my gear bag and travel.

I have a problem with JumTrack 3.2 not totaling my freefall time after downloading new jumps. I sent L&B email and didn't hear anything back. It's nice to know others are getting good service. Maybe I'll try again?
Marriage is like a deck of cards. You start with two harts and a diamond only to discover you wish you had a club and a spade!

JD

Jumptrack 3 and 3.2 have never totaled your freefall time automatically as Jumptrack 2 did. Here is what you do

1. Open Jump Track and open your my logbook.
2. On the JumpTrack Toolbar at the top select Features
3. Next select Previous Jump Data
4. A separate window opens up with a Column on the left that says Start with Jump # etc. Mine starts with 0
At the bottom is a box that says Ask for previous jump data when creating a new logbook. Check it.

The Right hand column says Total Freefall Time
The first line of that says Previous, The Second Line says In this Logbook, The Third line says Total to date.

You should have numbers in the Previous boxes,
Now all you do is look at the bottom of this column where it says Recalculate Total Freefall Time in Logbook and click it. When You click it it should add the time of all your downloaded jumps together and come up with your total freefall time to date.

5. Click Ok after you have done all this and close the box out.

Follow these steps after you have downloaded all your jumps from Your AltiTrack or ProTrack each time you download them and this will keep your total freefall time up to date.

Hope this helps

Chris