lifewithoutanet

Post an interesting fact that you know...

Is it not the "Life of PI?"

The BMW sign / badge represents the blue sky and the white is the pasing of the proppelar blade. Basically after world war II BMW was not allowed to manufacture aircraft engines (Sanctions or something) so they started making car engines etc.

:)

WRONG!!!!
Bayerische Motoren Werke - bavarian motor works.

The white and blue check represents the flag of Bavaria wraped in a wheel. BMW maufactured mainly cars from it's very beginnings with only a small division that made aircraft engines. There never was a propeller in its logo, sorry....B|
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stupid fact: elephants are the only animals that can't jump. that's a good thing.

Sponges are animals, can they jump?

Elephants are the only LAND animals that can't jump.

Kelly

In Reply To

stupid fact: elephants are the only animals that can't jump. that's a good thing.

Sponges are animals, can they jump?

Elephants are the only LAND animals that can't jump.

I'd like to see a slug jump. :-)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Vampire bats are the only known species, other than man that will remember a favor done or insult handed out, for their entire lives.
If after a night of hunting any bat that has been successful will be asked to share the blood of their prey with those bats that couldn't find prey. Any bat that refuses is banished from the colony for ever.

WRONG!!!!
Bayerische Motoren Werke - bavarian motor works.

The white and blue check represents the flag of Bavaria wraped in a wheel. BMW maufactured mainly cars from it's very beginnings with only a small division that made aircraft engines. There never was a propeller in its logo, sorry....B|

she was right.. remember, I teach her the technical stuff...

1916 The beginnings of Bayerische Flugzeug-Werke.
Bayerische Flugzeug-Werke (BFW) is founded on 7th March 1916 and incorporates Otto-Werke. BMW acquires the BFW plant in 1922, but Bayerische Motoren Werke continues to date its foundation from the founding of BFW.
1917 Founding of Bayerische Motoren Werke GmbH.
On 21st July 1917, Rapp-Motorenwerke is renamed Bayerische Motoren Werke GmbH. The ongoing war means that the small company grows quickly. With expansion in mind, the firm builds a spacious plant right next to the Oberwiesenfeld airfield in Munich and continues to build engines for army planes until 1918.

from the BMW site...
the colours are the Bayern colours, and the shape is a prop...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

on the elephant theme - they're the only animal with 4 kneas.

Technically not true. Dogs, cats, horses, etc. actually do have knees, it's just that we look at their legs and don't think of the parts that are knees as knees. The "backward knee" on the rear legs is actually the ankle, and that whole long part leading down to the paw pads is the foot.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

There are four states whose capitals are named for Presidents.

Piezoelectricity is a third rank tensor and is consequently only found in non-centrosymmetric crystals (basis of quartz crystal watches and clocks).

Birefringence is the physical property that makes ring sights work.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Squids are the only creature on this planet to have something other than iron based blood. Their blood is copper based.
Also
A squid can squeez it self through any opening large enough to fit it's tinny beak through

Horseshoe crabs' blood is blue, also. I saw it being drained for medical research on a t.v. show. It is copper-based too, I believe they said.

If squids' blood is copper-based, how are their beaks "tinny"? (You must mean "tiny"!)
:P

-
-Jeffrey

The average whale shoots a 400 gallon load! I know how he spells relief!:PB|;):)

The average what whale? Surely a killer whale doesn't have that kind of capacity, nor other "small" whale species. Try to picture 8 or so 55-gallon drums, and that's just what's in the whale's ampula??!

-
-Jeffrey

The average whale shoots a 400 gallon load! I know how he spells relief!:PB|;):)

The average what whale? Surely a killer whale doesn't have that kind of capacity, nor other "small" whale species. Try to picture 8 or so 55-gallon drums, and that's just what's in the whale's ampula??!

-

Maybe it's a Sperm whale.....:P

hehehe
Fly it like you stole it!