councilman24

Are you a bionic skydiver

Ok, who has extra parts. Metal plates, screws, artificial stuff?

Two plates with 11 1/2 screws in my left ankle from hitting the tree during canopy inflation, 1987.

Always wanted to do a "bionic" way at the WFFC.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

K-nail in my left femur, the result of a low turn around jump number 450.

If I could join you at WFFC I'd be up for it.:)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I have 2 titanium screws and washers...with part of my hamstring tendon acting as my ACL...Skiing, nice bail in the bumps at A-Basin.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

two titanium screws, left knee,
volleyball tournament in Baltimore (we made the playoffs)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Ok, who has extra parts. Metal plates, screws, artificial stuff?

Two plates with 11 1/2 screws in my left ankle from hitting the tree during canopy inflation, 1987.

Actually, with metallic or mechanical parts included with your normal flesh and blood parts, that makes you a cyborg (if you apply the term VERY loosely)
Bionic wouldnt apply.

You could do a Cyborg jump at the WFFC
__

My mighty steed

Lets do it!! I have a plate and 5 screws in my ankle from my landing injury in march. For the bionic way at rantoul, do the people have to have hardware from skydiving injuries?

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Not sure that I'm bionic, but I have a plate & 4 screws holding my pinky finger on....

if it hurts when it rains, or the weather changes, or... do you qualify? cause then I'm def in - I'll even let you feel the screws - eeewwww.:P

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

You know, I actually ment to limit it the question to skydiving injuries. But, hey, we're supposed to be tolerant of others. Like volleyball players and skiers.;)

But, I would suggest it's clear that a bionic (or cyborg:S) way SHOULD be skydiving initiated extras.:P We have a 7 or 8 way on my Cessna home DZ!

I was at WFFC for 7 straight years but haven't made it to Rantoul yet. Don't know for sure about this year. My newish (but skydiving) SO might have other plans. So, one of the for sure cyborgs may have to take on organization. But I all ways thought it would be a good idea.B| It might be bigger than the Bobway!
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

No more for me. The plate was bugging me too much, and I had all the metal taken out over two year ago. Now I'm a happy camper when I wear my snowboarding boots.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hey I even have half a screw I can show you. ;)Nobody asked about the 11 1/2.

I broke one not long after the repair, but it wasn't caught on the periodic xrays during healing. A few years later the head part started backing itself out under the skin. The Doc took it out in about 3 minutes under local. Later when I went back and looked at all the xrays you could see that it was broken after a couple of months. Don't have a clue how I broke the metal screw and didn't know it.:S

Still have to get that necklace made with it.B|
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

But, I would suggest it's clear that a bionic (or cyborg:S) way SHOULD be skydiving initiated extras.:P We have a 7 or 8 way on my Cessna home DZ!

Hmmmmm or maybe not. Or maybe BOTH. But I think Bionicway sounds better than cyborgway.B|
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

years later the head part started backing itself out under the skin

:o:o[:/]:S OMG that sounds horrid!! I'm so afraid of that happening!! Good to know it could be done under local.

That is strange that your body inside broke a screw - wow!! Strong bones!!

I haven't had an x-ray since the cast was removed. If you rub my finger, you can feel the screws - on the top & bottom of my finger. Once I scraped the top of my finger on a piece of wood - OMG I thought I was going to die!!

My Dr said I may want to have the hardwear removed - but the worst part of healing was the physical therapy after the scar tissue attached itself to the ligament & wouldn't allow my finger to bend or move or anything. I'm still at less that 50% my previous strength on my pinky & 30% decreased in my left hand [:/] (almost 2 years later).

Hmmm...I think I qualify...(and this is from skydiving)

7 pins holding a six inch plate on my fibula and one pin holding the end of my tibia on...plus I have a two inch pin that was removed...damn that thing is big...it looks like something you would use to build a house with, but was used to keep my ankle bones together so they would heal in the correct position...

Ouch...B|...remember to flare....and don't flare late and reach with a limb...:S

~R+R:)...Ooops...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

I should love it that a woman wants to let me feel her screws

hehehehe - I thought that was funny too :)

I should love it that a woman wants to let me feel her screws

hehehehe - I thought that was funny too :)

Erica, I always knew you were kinky...!!!!:D:D:D...:ph34r:...

~R+RB|
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...