Michele

Weekend Numbers!

(remember, humps:jumps:beer. But if you don't want to post the "humps", or, like me, hate seeing a 0 in that column, post something else...)

1:4:1

1 badly screwed and stupid landing that I'm happy I could walk (limp) away from.
4 wonderful jumps this week - 1 on wednesday, 3 on Saturday.
1 case of beer owed because I took and passed my B licence test.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

>:(:>:(:>:(

Got to spend some fun time with my girls though. They woke me up wishing me happy Mother's Day, then both performed with their dance company for a contempary church service this morning followed at dinner with my family. All in all a good day and a nice end to the weekend.

Of course a few jumps in there would have been nice too. :D

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

:P:7:too many to count

I had 3 jumps on Wednesday, 2 jumps Friday and 2 jumps Saturday.

3 Solo
1 Hop n' Pop
1 PMS initiation jump w/ Tami Carbone & Cheryl
2 Coaching jumps with Tami

Wednesday I had my Pink Mafia Initiation jump! Friday I had my *first* hop n' pop. That was interesting to say the least. I also had my first kiss pass on Friday as well. I wasn't expecting that! Thanks for making me owe beer, Tami! :P On my last jump Saturday, I landed on the target! WOOHOO!!! It's been a eventful and fun week!
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

20-35 mph winds:7:Bought it even though I did'nt owe :P

Winds picked up today so we busted the kites out.. I HAVE to get me one of those 4 line kites. It makes my little 2 line BigAir Kite look I like training wheels.

As for the jumps... 3 RW video, a Birdman (108 seconds as a 2 way pulling at 4500), 3 freefly. Not too shabby.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

[:/] : 2 count em 2 : 1

I'm back in the air again, Woohoo. Very nice 2-way for recurrency and a solo sit in my new "Freedom Means Choice" FF suit (hence the beer).

Had to wait all day for the clouds to go, but persistence paid off. 2 lightly loaded Terminotter loads. Thank you gung-ho tandem student.

P-
--
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Postal Rodriguez, Muff 3342

CONGRATULATIONS!! Michele!:)
0 [:/]

6 solo jumps -one with a Tag-a-long. (another jumper who exited when I did. That was cool for me because I have never shared the sky (that closely) with anyone who wasn't an instructor)

0 beer

I did mark off 4 things on my "yellow card" which before today, I hadn't even looked at.:S

AND I got to do the other thing I love- fly an airplane to the DZ and home.

Watched lots of newbies take tadem jumps, was there for one friend to pass AFF and another got his "A"
and today, a radio station did a live remote for their "Throw mama from the plane" promo.
One of our jumpers, a DJ, arranged it .. .the broadcast was great.
Lots of fun this weekend :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

:ph34r::4:2

4 excellent jumps (2 on saturday, 2 on sunday)

2 cases of beer owed, because I did my A license check dive with DJan (and passed), and jumped my very first own pack job on that same dive. The best part was that it actually opened! On heading too! :P

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

4:5:a lot

4 free pack jobs 'cause I couldn't pack a Lightning into my rig

5 awesome CReW jumps with the CreW Dogs, 1 two stack, 3 four stacks with some rotation, 1 stairstep

A lot...speaks for itself...it was a weekend of firsts

alyson

team swooo
swooo #2

:( : 7 : 1

lots of fun.. worked a 13 hour shift on saturday so the number could of been higher.... had my first off landing, with my paracomander... buti did get some great footage of me freeflyihg in it..... landed in a new housing developpment..i have to sayi am very impressed with my acuracy with it...... landed in a empty lot betweensome trees and a set of pwerlines and a house........ dude driving by gave me a lift back to the dz but i lost my ripcord inhis truck...luckily he works on the air base where i do so i'm gona call his shop and see if it is still there or if it maybe got droped onthe way to his truck..... oh well... i'll be buying some beer for memorial day...... well that and tokillya..

1 stuck brake line:5:1

First injury. Hurt a knee (not seriously) trying to flare with rear risers, landing in a back yard. The good news (pointed out by the land owner while I was lying there in pain) is that I missed the dog poo by a couple feet.

Had a toggle come unstowed on opening. But I didn't even realize I had a problem for a few seconds. Started like a normal opening. On heading while it sniveled, then a turn at the end. But this time the turn didn't stop and the canopy didn't look quite right (slider was not all the way down). The turn started off gentle and I looked at the canopy trying to see what was causing it. Pretty soon I was in a fast spiral and I realized it must be an unstowed brake. Grabbed the toggles, and the turn stopped. I dont remember checking my altitude at that point but I could see I wasn't making it to the DZ so I turned toward it and looked for a place to land. Then I tried to turn left to set up for landing. Left toggle would only move a few inches. Couldn't see any problem, but I was only at about 1100 feet. No choice but to land it. Practiced a rear riser flare once on downwind, and that was it. Came in hard and didn't do a real PLF. I think I twisted my knee. But I was able to stand up and walk with a limp. Nothing's broken but I'm probably out for a few weeks. If that's all it'll be, it was worth it for the jump. A simple 2-way with a guy who's been skydiving for 50 years as of last tuesday. Just a fun one.

Not sure what caused the unstowed brake or the stuck brake line. There was nothing wrong with it by the time I was back at the DZ and a rigger looked at it. His only guess was it caught on the slink tab, which I'll get tacked, but I don't believe that was it.

Dave

:):2:0

Made two very fun jumps with Lynn, both 5-point hybrids. Had to land in the student area in Deland because my track with Pantz is WAY too good -- hell, I opened past the west end of the runway on the second!

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

0:4:0

2 practice jumps with the 4-way team, and a couple of 8-ways with the team as base so we could practice our exit. The nice thing about being an alternate is that I get to fly all of the slots. The bad thing about being an alternate is that I have to learn to fly all of the slots.

Ahh!! I finally get to post here again!

1:3:1

1: I got back in the air after five months. This was a huge hump for me to get over. The longer you're gone, the harder is to come back... but I did it dammit!!! B|

3: recurrency yesterday + 2 jumps today

1: BEER!!! First hybrid jump today!! I was in the four-way base with 2 hangers and three stingers!!

Ahhh.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

1:3:3

1 very happy girl...took my friend out to do a tandem...she loved it!

3 sweet jumps...1 fun solo, 1 hop and pop, and 1 coach

2 cases owed for first time getting a ride back to the dz and for jumping without a radio for the first time, and first hop and pop :)

*daizey*