tunaplanet

Fake Moon Landing

I have read quite a bit on this recently. I would first like to say I believe we did in fact land on the moon.

Now with that said, some of the information put out claiming it a hoax can be pretty impressive and interesting.

Is there anyone here that believes we did not land on the moon?

Forty-two

Hey, I looked into it about a year ago. The evidence is convincing, but the thing is...all the sites I found weren't very "professional." Who knows if they didn't edit some of them themselves. If those pictures are in fact the real ones, I'd say that is some pretty convincing evidence.

.-.

but the thing is...all the sites I found weren't very "professional."

That was one of the things that bothered me as well.

Did anyone catch the hour special they did on one of the major networks about 2 years ago on this? It was called, "Why we never landed on the moon" or something like that. THat was a very convincing documentary. Believe it was FOX or CBS.

Forty-two

>Now with that said, some of the information put out claiming it a
> hoax can be pretty impressive and interesting.

I've read some of their stuff, and I didn't find it very convincing. Much of their reasoning is from earth-based intuition; doesn't always apply on the moon.

>Now with that said, some of the information put out claiming it a
> hoax can be pretty impressive and interesting.

I've read some of their stuff, and I didn't find it very convincing. Much of their reasoning is from earth-based intuition; doesn't always apply on the moon.

Care to expand on that? I don't really know much about the shadows on the moon and the other theories that back the idea that we didnt land on the moon.

.-.

I don't really know much about the shadows on the moon and the other theories that back the idea that we didnt land on the moon.

Click on the link I provided above. Some of the stuff on the site can be debunked, but other things are pretty interesting.

Forty-two

Is there anyone amongst us that will admit they believe we didn't?

If anyone doesn't believe - then I got a pile of rocks that you gonna have to 'splain to me where the hell they came from. Because they sure didn't form on the Earth.

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

Anyone remeber when one of there "lunatic" moonlanding debunkers. Demanded from a 70 something Buzz aldrin to prove he actually walked on the moon. It pissed buzz of show much he decked the guy who was much younger. Truthfully I would of decked the guy too. Anyways it gave me a good laugh at the time

>>>>
I threw my confidence out the airplane door years ago.........

>Care to expand on that?

Some examples:

"No one can survive the radiation." It was definitely an issue, and they had to carefully manage shielding, exposure times and solar flare monitoring. The primary reason it was doable was the relatively short time they were exposed to the moderate amount of radiation they were exposed to even with the shielding of their suits and the ship.

"No one could survive the temperatures on the moon." Temperature means very little without an atmosphere; there's no heat conduction. There is thermal radiation, and thus they needed a thermal management system to cool the astronauts during the day. But it wasn't like living in a 260F oven here on earth.

"The meteorites would shred anyone on the moon." There's no atmosphere to slow down micrometeorites, and thus even a grain of sand could kill someone. They did, in fact, find pits and cracks in instruments taken back from the moon from the impacts; their suits and the lander were sturdy enough to withstand the impacts for a short time.

All the pictures. Many of them simply show a misunderstanding of optics or reflection. People assume that shadows on the moon must be sharp-edged; but the same reflections that illuminate the backsides of things on earth illuminate things on the moon as well. You can't see the stars in any of the daytime pictures of the moon because the aperture and exposure time of the camera were set for full daylight, and the light from stars was not strong enough to show up. Had you lengthened the exposure time enough the stars would have appeared (and the moon surface itself would be totally overexposed of course.)

LOL:D:D god that guy is a retard!!! lemme break it down for you.

A He is assuming the surface of the moon is perfectly flat. Its not as you can see a rise undrer Armstrong's shadow.

B Thats called bounce lighting. Off the bright lunar dust, his space suit, the lunar lander. Very simple photographic principle.

C LOL Thats called Depth of field. They were using a shallow depth of field. :D

D Ummmmm so why isn't that "structure" in the enlargement of the same area of the photograph at the top of the page?

E Thats the Lunar Lander.

3,6,J They weren't exposing the picture for the stars that are MUCH fainter the moon. No film has the exposure latitude of the human eye.

K Another case of bounce light off that big clump of white sun lit material.

L He could have......oh i don't know pointed the camera up!!! *shakes head*

M Well the visor of his helmet isn't flat......its a convex mirror...........those tend to bend lines.

N Another case of bounce light off the sun lit space suit.

7 I'm gonna guess its the astronauts gloved hand.

S LOL no you don't need water and a compound. You need some weight and some fine grained power. I bet i could do the same thing with a Tonka truck and pile of moon dust. Oh and the 1/6th gravity would help the tracks not collapse like on earth.

R Thats called a hair on the negitive after developing or during scanning.

P Havn't got a clue, but it doesn't prove we didn't go to the moon.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

My favorite line is at the bottom, when he says he wrote the entire site by hand, not using any editors.

Whopty shit, does the guy want a cookie, he says it like he's proud of that crappy site. Even if the content sucks, which it does, he could have made a nice site.

Jesus, for many years I did professional website design and I always used Notepad or something similar to had script out the HTML, the ASP or whatever I was using for the site. I'm not the only developer that does that.

This dude's site sucks. Nevermind that he's a whacked out conspiracy theorist.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I wrote my token senior-in-high-school research paper on both sides of the argument. I found a whole lot of evidence and rebuttals for both sides, but in the end, the hoax side really didn't have a leg to stand on. Still interesting to hear arguments and explanations, nevertheless. It's amazing what some people can come up with!

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

Anyone remeber when one of the "lunatic" moonlanding debunkers? Demanded from a 70- something Buzz aldrin to prove he actually walked on the moon. It pissed Buzz off so much he decked the guy who was much younger. Truthfully I would have decked the guy too. Anyways it gave me a good laugh at the time

>>>>

Corrected some spelling, parsing and grammar

Actually, he approached Buzz with a Bible, got in his face and demanded he put his hand on it and swear that he had walked on the moon. Buzz was charged with assault, and when he went to court, the judge dismissed the case outright - hehehe

Edit to add BBC News story on assault dismissal

CDR James Lovell denounced this clown as a "kook", and was sued by him. THAT judge dismissed the case too.

That 'debunker' douchebag is in need of a serious attitude adjustment. I wish ol' Pete Conrad was still here - he'd hand his ass to him! :DB|

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

probably not for fear of ridicule. maybe some "know" that we really did land on the moon but do not have the technical expertise to debunk the hoax on their own so they put their faith on the ones that can. These types can go either way in belief. Me personally, I know we landed on the moon due to the fact that common sense tells me it is extremely hard to fake a moon landing with all those thousands involved in the Apollo Missions. The Russkies back then were closely monitoring and would have screamed "foul" if it didn't happen.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

That site's a damn good laugh, this is the one that always gets me.

OK, here's the kicker... if you will look at section 3 you will notice there are no stars in the sky. In fact, you will never see any stars in any NASA Moon photographs, or hear an astronaut mention anything about the glorious stars that are visible when out of the earths atmosphere.

Its daylight you moron!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

OK, here's one to make you think. There was a program on the BBC last night about the world's top 10 conspiracy theories (moon landing was only #10, sorry).

A good point that was made (as to why the landing was fake) was that there was no way that the US government or NASA would have shown the thing live on world wide TV when they had no idea what would happen. The presenter bloke suggested that the possibility of the astronauts getting killed as they stepped off the lander didn't go down well with NASA etc. It was also stated that NASA did do dummy runs in the desert.

So. What about the possibility that all the stuff we (well not me, I'm too young) saw live, and the "One small step for man" thing was pre-made and fake, to make sure that nothing nasty was seen? Once the mission was known to be successful the other photos (like the colour ones) were releaed.

Before you ask, yes I do think that NASA has landed on the moon, just questioning if the grainy black and white photos that are most often complained about real (including the originaly video footage). Sorry, like stirring the pot

Blue ones

Paul

I work during shuttle missions in an offshoot room from Mission Control. We broadcast real stuff -- after all, the Challenger and Columbia accidents were both on live TV.

I'm quite sure it was real, and live (although I was only about 14 then...). There's too much infrastructure supporting it; also, that many people could never keep that juicy a secret, especially with Jerry Springer, Geraldo, and their ilk running around these days.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

So, is there anything at all on that site that hasn't been debunked? I personally can't believe that Fox special ever got on the air.

So, is there anything at all on that site that hasn't been debunked? I personally can't believe that Fox special ever got on the air.

Come on it's Fox. Since when have they ever failed to put something stupid on the air for attention, remember alien autopsies?

Josh