skipro101

Private Pilot checkride this morning.

say hello to a private pilot. yay for me.

hello to a private pilot. yay for me. B|B|B|

Congrats dude!! Now ya gotta do some flyin' and come around to jump with us!! B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Congrats!!

I still remember the day I took mine - December 26, 2001. Best Christmas present ever!

Now your problem is that you've got two hobbies that both need good weather - makes weekend planning tough!

Blue Skies
John

I just passed my private pilot Oral/Practical checkride.

say hello to a private pilot. yay for me

Congrats...Best feeling in the world huh?

Some pointers:
1. Continue to learn...Its fun and you can avoid a BFR if you get a new rating every two years.

2. Taking a girl up for a night flight around your city will score MAJOR points...She just starts thinking about you as some dashing war hero with a silk scarf floating in the wind...Nice.

3. Try at all costs to keep the pointy end forward...Planes fly better that way.

4. Land with the rubber side DOWN. Aircraft owners really like this.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I still remember the day I took mine - December 26, 2001. Best Christmas present ever!

Wow ... that is the exact very same day that I got my mountain checkout on. Myself and this grizzly ole Air Force CFI setout from Jeffco in Broomfield Colorado flying over the continental divide (Rollins Pass) towards the Winter Park ski resort. From there we did some touch and go landings at the Granby and Kremmling airports and then a full stop landing at Eagle where we had to patiently wait for an intersection take off clearance while all of the holiday traffic buzzed the jet set skiers off to Vail and Aspen. From there, we flew past the ski resorts of Vail, Copper before landing at the nations highest airport Leadville (where I got my certificate and t-shirt). And finally we made our way back home flying over the ski resorts of Breckenridge, Keystone, A-Basin and over Loveland Pass all the way back to Jeffco. It was an expensive day (more than $500), but it was a day I will never forget and from that date forward, I was checked out to conduct solo flights here in Colorado's mountains (repeat trips did occur in the ensuing months and I even successfully landed at Colorado's 3rd hardest airport Glenwood Springs a box canyon where the airplanes come in one way and leave the opposite way).

But in all this fun ... I'm sort of sad to report that I haven't flown as PIC in the last year as I've decided to dedicate my time and my $$$ towards my skydiving goals and I never did do my last bi-annual (plus my 3rd class medical is set to expire within the next five months). :S

But Dec 26th, 2001 was a good day to remember for both yourself and myself huh? ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I just passed my private pilot Oral/Practical checkride.

say hello to a private pilot. yay for me.

:)

Congrats to you! Question is, did your examiner "teach" you anything during the checkride???

Buck

Actually, he was very much oriented towards making it a learning experiance and i did learn some things.

I was also nervouse as HELL and totally had a brain fart during the oral part...(weight and balance...got messed up)...

but i dun care. Iknowi know the stuff and i passed so yay.:)

Yea, its true that both skydiving and flying require $ time and good weather. Fortunately I dont have a job and have all the time in the world to do both. $ isnt like and endless pit but I do have enough to go through ATP....so thats good.

hehe, i was so happy. I went mountain biking at Vultures Knob and totally killed myslef...started thunderstorming.. really wicked time.

Yee Hah!!!
Congratulations to Ohio's newest pilot. 500 more hours and you can fly jumpers! Pilot rule # 2 - make someone else pay for your hours!
Where did you get your lessons? I se Akron in your profile. Kent State?
Hartwood Paracenter - The closest DZ to DC!

Well, this may be more of an answer than your looking for..

I used to go to akron on a free ride. I majored in physics..knewi wanted to be pilot but though i would benefit from the tech backround..plus it was free.

I lost the free ride.

So i figured id transfer to Kent State and major in aeronautics. better school...and god damn i swear 70% of the students there are female and hott as hell.

But..i started my private at Skypark (www.flyskypark.com). Its better instruction (I think) and HELLA cheaper. I got my private for alittle over 2K....most places charge 6k. Kent State charges 6K PLUS tuition.

But, im going to do my commercial and instrument at Kent. I figure if im going to spend time studying, it might as well be for pilot shit. plus its (ironically) easier to pay the 17K at kent for flight fees than the 5k it would take at skypark for the same ratings....because of student loans....

yea, if everything goes to plan ill have commerical and instrument by next summer. yeehaw.

Congratulations! I hope to join your ranks this summer. I'm at 8.2 right now. Remember to post your travels to keep those of us still working towards our license and as inspiration to those that haven't started (yet).
-C.

best of luck to you.... !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

Geezz.... I looked at skypark's website even.. I wish i could find a place around here that was that cheap!! I started taking some lessons last year, and i hope i can finish in the fall, but with skydiving its hard to scrape the money together!!!

-Seth :)

Congrats!!

Now your problem is that you've got two hobbies that both need good weather - makes weekend planning tough!

Blue Skies
John

Funny thing is that is the day I took my last checkride for my CFI-IA. I'm looking to get my A&P within the next few weeks and hopefully my ATP by the end of the year.