tunaplanet

Regan dies

I hope he rests easy. The last few years have not been kind to him or his family.

My grandfather had Parkinson's. Neurological degeneration is not a day at the park.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Perhaps now is the time to celebrate his life.

And to give thanks. I lived my youth with the likelihood of the "4 Minute Warning". Backfires flying low over the North Sea. Megatonnage and Megadeath. The First Guards Division pouring through the Fulda Gap - next stop Biscay and Shannon. The removal of my basic liberties.

I hold President Reagan primarily responsible for the removal of those fears. Fears which my children will never experience and possibly never comprehend.

Thank you Mr. President.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Why? Not political. Now say goodbye and relax.

Hi Tunaplanet

Glad to see that we can agree that we disagree.

You have your opion and I have mine nothing wrong with that. It's called free speech. I tknow I'm a vt and assume you are also.

In response to your cheap shot If you don't understand my response just raise you hand and I'll get back to you when I have more time. B|

R.I.P.

And so goes another great man. He lifted the spirits of this country and breathed hope back into its life.

Thank you, Mr. President, for serving. The world will remember you.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

We have lost a great man and great leader in President Reagan. Not only was he a great president, but he was a genuinely good man, which is so very rare. He was such a big part of my life and will be truly missed. At least now, he is free from the illness that he was bound to while on earth.

Poor Nancy...theirs was such a touching, beautiful love story. His beautiful, romantic love letters to her have made me deeply admire him even more than I already did on a level that was surprisingly personal. His obvious love and respect for Nancy, his ability to love so wholly and purely, his ability to recognize how rare unconditional love is, his gratitude towards Nancy for giving him the gift of love...speaks volumes of him as a man. It only proves his intelligence that he managed to figure out one of the greatest mysteries of life...not only being happy with himself, but being truly happy and completely content with the one that he loves. I find that highly admirable and inspirational.

May you finally rest in peace, Mr. President Ronald Reagan.

Anychanceof getting this moved to speakers corner?

R.I.P.

Perhaps the disabilities forum? ;)

Michael

Hi CRW

I'm trying very hard to be nice no reason to slam the president and get the thread locked, piss people off etc. The is HH's house, his rules, what good for the moderator (same thread on two foums) is fine with me.B|

R.I.P.

Hi VSG

I wrote this in speakers corner in response to someone Badmouthing the president about the budget deficit. BTW dual posting great idea;)

Someone said
>>Hmm. I believe Reagen left office with a budget deficit larger than the combined total of all of his 39 predecessors. Reminds me of someone else...>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No class...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
R.I.P. said

I agree no class

I don't have anything good to say about President Reagon so I'll keep my mouth for a change

Except IMO: The reason we ended up with such a large deficit after President Reagon left office was because during his time in office he/his administration accelerated the arms race with the soviet union and they went broke trying to keep up with us.

IMO this ended the cold war,& broke up the Soviet union a lot sooner and saved us some money in the long run.

I don't consider this post to be political or in favor of any political party or choice thereof.

R.I.P.

Anychanceof getting this moved to speakers corner?

R.I.P.

Perhaps the disabilities forum? ;)

Michael

Hi CRW

I'm trying very hard to be nice no reason to slam the president and get the thread locked, piss people off etc. The is HH's house, his rules, what good for the moderator (same thread on two foums) is fine with me.B|

R.I.P.[/reply

One of the most important things I've learned in life is ...don't ever lose your sense of humor.

Michael

I didn't much like Reagan when he was President, but I've got to admit he was one of the great ones. Probably the most effective and most popular since FDR in terms of accomplishing (most) of the things he set out to do, and the place he won in a lot of people's hearts.

A lot of people in Washington, like House Speaker Tip O'Neil, and Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, disagreed with Reagan, often and strongly. But they'd still go see him at the White House and they'd sit around and drink and bullshit with him because they liked him. Reagan showed a grace and civility to EVERYONE that is altogether missing from modern day "take no prisoners" politics.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Whether you agreed with him or not (I did), there is no question that he had dignity and was a strong President. He was well iked by even his adversaries. THat says something about them him.

I, for one, would love to see his kind of character come back to the White House.