VanillaSkyGirl

Very bad news...four months!!! :(

seriously you could be at the DZ and have somehting to do, and make money.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA... now that is some funny CHIT man....somehow I dont see Rosa being a packer anytime soon;)

Hmmm well at least Chicks Rock will be the END of OCT.. after the Perma-Drizzle sets in up here.... and a month after the Byron Boogie at the end of August

It's ok, sweetie. You were trying to help. :$

Let me fill you in...I never pack for myself. The main reason why is because I have a couple of chronic illnesses and am not supposed to be putting my body through that kind of stress. Sometimes my health keeps me from jumping, too. It's better to keep me from packing than jumping, right? I try to do as little to aggravate my conditions as possible...the more I can skydive, the better. I can't explain further because it's too private, but trust me...it sucks that I have to shell out that kind of dough.

Anyway, that's why it's an especially funny suggestion when heard by the people who know me. :P

Jeannie's RIGHT!!! It IS some majorly FUNNY CHIT ...

That really did have me laffin realllllly hard...:P

Y know you can still come on up and escape the city.. take in the sights....Seattle in the summer is a good place... and I have a place for my little broken sister to hang and meet new people while recuperating.

I lived in Seattle, Washington for a while with my fiancee, Shawn Gloyer, where we had a great big house on Queen Anne hill, which Shawn used to tell me he called up the city to change the name just for me. Talk about bad weather days though! Nearly every morning you looked out the wondow to a gray day. I think you can count the sunny days on 2 hands, just about!

I have no idea how the DZs there like Kapowsin and Snohomish can even stay afloat, and how the Farringtons, like Andy and Keri and Jessy and Joeff get in enough jumps to be so good?! Kapowsin is absolutely gorgrous though with Mt. Raindeer in the backbround,
Also 4 months ain't nothing for those who get so screwed up they can't ever jump again!
Count your blessings you are not permanently screwed up, which has more consequences on the spirit than just not being able to jump. It is devastating! It almost seems better to have died in an accident than to have come out of it severely maimed, unable to pursue your dreams any more. ever!
You will be better. There will always be another jump for you, if not sooner, definitely later! So keep your chin up. You in not in the worst case situation by far!
Tink :)
Rehab is for quitters.

im sorry to hear that - one thing i have learnt with my ongoign inury is dont set yourself a goal based on what the docs say as if you dont achieve it, it becomes a real let down - I am not weight baring for what will be a total of 4 months, i then have alot of painful PT to learn to walk again and bring up the strength in my leg and ankle - Im out of jumping for about a year! - im not even thinking about jumping as i know if there is complications (which there maybe) in my next surgery it will be longer - so why bother thinking about something that can be moved - it makes you feel down when you dont achieve them.....

jumping is not the be all and end all in life so focus on other things to help you mend - make sure you do everything right and dont do things too early because you get impatient............

Im sorry your goals have been moved - i know how that feels and its a real downer....... your only goal should be getting back on your feet - and dont put a time on it just make sure its your only aim.

keep smiling and dont let the fuckers grind you down - 4 months is no time at all.......

:)

Sweetie, I am so sorry to hear that. :( 4 months! [:/]

Sending you loads of hugs from across the pond – I will be thinking of you!

4 months seems like ages now, but it really isn’t going to be as awful as it sounds.[:/] I’ve had lay-offs that long during UK winters before and that first jump back is just the most fantastic thing on earth – you will fall in love with the sky all over again. :)
I know it sucks and it won’t be as good as doing all those fantastic boogies this summer… [:/] but think of the money you’ll save that you can put towards a tunnel camp when you’re better? B|

Heal fast and well Rosa – I want to jump with you at Eloy this year! :)
Sending hugs and vibes!

Vicki

Nothing keeping you from going to the WFFC.;) Just means you get to party all day.B|

And hmmmm, is it a walking cast? If so maybe you can fly the tunnel anyway? Of course when you get the cast off you'd have a built in turn.:P

We had a gal back in the early 80's with a broken leg. Fiber glass casts were still kind or rare but she had one. Did some water jumps and ended up doing some regular jumps with it also. I think she went through 2 or 3 casts.;) This is NOT recommended but she wasn't going to let a cast keep her on the ground.

I busted my leg up in February 1987. With a bunch of metal made my first return jump in October, landing on my butt. Started back up the next spring.
It sucks.>:(
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I shattered my calcaneous (AKA heel bone, lives next door to the talus!) at Bridge Day in October. Nearly 8 months later and still not jumpable, every step hurts, might be permenant :S. Take GREAT care in chosing the right surgeon, as that can make all the difference. Also, if they tell you to wrap your foot up in treacle-covered banana leaves and lie on your back on the pavement shouting "Wibble" at everyone who passes - DO IT! Follow their instruction, especially when it comes to physio.
Good luck with it all, and take advantage of all the free time you will have at the weekends to do things other than skydiving!
Cheers
Nick

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."

jumping is not the be all and end all in life so focus on other things to help you mend - make sure you do everything right and dont do things too early because you get impatient............

I know, and I promise that I will NOT be returning until I am completely healed.

keep smiling and dont let the fuckers grind you down]

Lmao...that's soooo funny. Can I borrow that line? :P

that first jump back is just the most fantastic thing on earth – you will fall in love with the sky all over again. :)

Oooooh...I really look foward to that feeling, again...oooo...now, I'm excited!

[Heal fast and well Rosa – I want to jump with you at Eloy this year! :)

Yes, yes, let's!!! I look forward to it, Vicki. Have a great weekend, sweetie. :)

((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))

Oh my sweet sky sister. I sooooo feel for you. My boogie buddy, it is soooo sad to have you grounded. Please, when you are up to it, come out to the DZ and bring a camera with you. Take lots and lots of pictures of your skyfriends doing stupid human tricks. It will amuse you during your non-jumping status and give you something to blackmail them with later when you need to call in favors. . .lol! And when you just need a friend, call me and I'll come out and keep you company. . .

Its not the way you planned your summer but when you are all better we will play LOTS. . .

Keep your chin up girlie. . .see you soon. . .B|
FGF #6
Darcy

icky icky poo!!!! :P $*&^$^&%#%$#@*(&(*^*&^%$ ppppplllllllbbbbbbt '''''' THAT SUCKS big donkey doo doo!!:P

On the bright side, think of all the money you will save - that way you can jump your cute lil ass off come October!!!

It goes so fast sweetie, I can't believe it's almost been four months (next week) since Davids accident....6 months total till his return jump. The two of you can swap boredom stories!!! :D Observer rides are good when you get the itch to be in the air (I looked like a damn dog in a car hanging out the window of the otter when I wasn't able to jump) :ph34r::D:D

WARM FUZZIES for you :)

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

(I looked like a damn dog in a car hanging out the window of the otter when I wasn't able to jump) :ph34r::D:D

Giaaaaaa!!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: I LOVE you, girlie. Thank you sooo much for all your call, all your messages, all your true, true offers for help. :)
It's times like this that has let me know who my real friends truly are...I am sooo lucky.

Sunny ~ It's ok, girlie...I can wait. I needed to talk...write...to someone about how I feel. Thank you so much for being there, sweetie. (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

oh, oh(in my best Horshak[spelling] voice), I just thought of another good one..... you can go to Magic Mtn/or other amusement park's and get first class treatment on the rides (get shuttled in front of everyone). :D ;) Oh shoot, is the deviant coming out again :ph34r: I better go before I get myself into trouble ;):D

I love ya too girl!!! Please know that I'm here no matter what - don't be afraid to pick up the phone for anything "k" :)
xoxoxoxoxo, g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

Rosa- I am sorry to hear about all this :( I wish you a speedy recovery girl.

On a another note you did sacrifice to the weather gods so that we can all have great weather for the next 4 months. :P

Well I hope you will come out to the DZ's every once in a while that way we don't forget what you look like (ya like that would be hard to do) ;)

Sending me mooning you to make you feel better (__!__)

On a another note you did sacrifice to the weather gods so that we can all have great weather for the next 4 months. :P

Screw you...

Well I hope you will come out to the DZ's every once in a while that way we don't forget what you look like (ya like that would be hard to do) ;)

I will work on my sexy, summer tan and otherwise beautifying myself (now that I have half a chance) while I'm grounded...but maybe I can stop by to whimper and drool as you all get on the plane without me. :| Btw, I hate you all.

Sending me mooning you to make you feel better (__!__)

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: Steve...lol...you'd better do that in person the next time that I see you! :P