vt1977

Weekend Numbers - 3/4 July 2004

:):2:0

Strange weather here in the UK. Saturday was a wash out (lots of :D in the bar that evening...) but 2 nice jumps on Sunday before deciding it was too cold and cloudy up there and heading to the cinema to see Shrek 2! :)
Vicki

;):2:0

I finally got back into the air after fracturing 2 vertebrae in the Perris wind-tunnel. My back held up fairly well but is a touch tender. With a bit more physio it should be fine for the Herc boogie in a few weeks.B|:D
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

:P:1:1

How the heck did you break vertebrae in the wind tunnel?

I dropped by the DZ on Friday just in time to be needed to do a tandem. Lucky me. The landing was a little hot, and the passenger tangled my leg on the landing and I -stretched- all the tendons and ligaments in my left knee.

Again.

Back in the air next weekend with my new-for-Europe Wings containers!

See you at Herc!

To crack one vertebra might be seen as unlucky... to crack two must simply be carelessness!! :P

(freely adapted from Oscar Wilde)

Seriously, I hope it is all getting better! :)
1:0:2-------

One country visited (went on a trip to Kuwait)

Two waterparks frequented.... and.... ten days to go!!

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Because I worked all weekend:

zero: zip: nada...

However, next weekend, those numbers will change...oh yes, they will change...'cause if I don't jump soon, I think my head is going to explode...:SB|

~R+R:)...MUST JUMP!!!!!!!!!:|
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

1*:1:1

1 skydiver groveling for me to jump with him. SWEET! SOMEONE grovelled for me to jump with them! repetitively! yahooo!

Gladly jumped with Lisa for her Gold Wings Jump. Noted that she prefers cool whip.

whoohoo! Bytches Bitches at sebastian in XS will ROCK Next weekend!

__

~4:12:0

~4 people with control line issues. 2 resulted in cutaways and one resulted in an injury.

2 night jumps, a two way and a 3 way. I love night jumps... can't figure out why so few people will do more than the two required for a D license.

FUN weekend!

Dave

2 hours:4:1 case bought but not owed (I'm sure it's owed from before but whatever)

2 hours spent laying on the floor of the dz drunk staring at a spinning pinwheel. I thought I was only down there for five minutes until I was informed today that it was 2 hours.

I did 2 solos which were pretty much the two most boring skydives I've made. I did absolutely nothing but just fall. Can't say I didn't like it though. I always love to jump, but I should have thought about what I was doing before I went up.

Did a 4-way. Pretty awesome skydive. I flew belly while 3 guys were in full sits and still couldn't stay with me. :D

Did a 2-way with a guy who stayed with me doing head down. Yeah that was awesome. That was my 50th jump too. WOOHOO!

I got discouraged after the solos, but the last two jumps brightened my spirits and i'm feeling great!
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

:$:4:0

Okay, so I don't talk about the 1st number but I ventured to Perris on Saturday and had 4 awesome skydives with some great people. . .man I love formation skydiving. I then did 10 minutes of tunnel time with Dom. I learned so much in there. It was great. Happy to be in the air after my move. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

However, next weekend, those numbers will change...oh yes, they will change...'cause if I don't jump soon, I think my head is going to explode...

ya get my hopes up for ya and everything RR.. and then ya go and tell us that the second number is gona change..... oh well......... if it makes ya feel better i normaly always have second and sometimes third numbers.. sadly the first always stays the same....... the weekend is notover for me.... tandems at the dz tomorow and hopefully they want video.......... my numbers to come later......

1000:1:1

First jump in 4 weeks cos of weather, got on the sunday sunset load..the wind FINALLY dropped out a bit even if i did land 1000FT behind the dz :$ and 1 carton for my first jump in the basically brand new Bevsuit i bought for $100AU :P

:P:1:1

How the heck did you break vertebrae in the wind tunnel?

I was doing slow-fall practice - as I went up the tunnel I moved back pushing my feet against the side of the wall until I was at an angle. I then started to fall back down the tunnel and in the process managed to end up head down kind of sliding down the glass. The DVD of it is pretty cool ;);).

It is getting better slowly and I am just taking each thing at a time and seeing what I can do without it hurting.
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

B|:8:0

Did five team training jumps. Then shot video of my teammates 600th, built a nice three way with him on the board and two bellyfliers docked on him, then i closed it into a round.B| Did a nice tracking dive, i shot video from right above the leader, i am getting better at riding right on the edge of the burbles and getting the shot. Fun stuff. Ended my weekend with a nice demo into a city park right before the fireworks show. :)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

400:4:0

A 400 foot mushroom cloud in the sky from the explosives we set off Saturday night. I bet the people passing by on I 475 were shocked. No cops involved though so all is good. Lots and lots of alcohol consumed.:S

4 fun jumps. 3 working on staying relative in a sit. i did good staying in my sit for the entire jump so that is an improvement. Now gotta work on not backsliding. 1 RW jump made with Kelly. She did good. I got to practice some of my new skills I learned int he tunnel. Amazing how much easier it is to do some of the stuff in the air than in the tunnel.

No beer owed. I bought some just for giggles though.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.