wildblue

Do you ever get the urge...

... to grab someone's cell phone out of their hand and stab them in the eye with the antenna?
I've been known to drop pagers in glasses of water, and Phreezone was about 3 seconds from losing his cell phone in a glass of beer... but this is a new emotion I haven't been in touch with before. If you're on a cell phone, you may want to keep your distance (that goes double for when you're in your car).
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

[taking some distance] oh yeah, certainly... [/taking some distance]

Wheew... good. I was begining to get worried that it was just me. Kind of like my fear of high places - I wasn't worried I'd fall, I was worried I'd have some crazy urge take over me and I'd throw myself right over the edge.

Y'know what pisses me off most about mobile phones?

Its those tossers who leave them on their desks when they go walkabout in the office.

Unattended mobile phones ringing on desks are fair game for being dropped out the window (its okay we work at ground level, but it is fun and therapeutic).:ph34r:
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Unattended mobile phones ringing on desks are fair game for being dropped out the window

More fun to answer them. :ph34r::ph34r:

even more fun when they have an integrated camera... :D:D:o
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

to grab someone's cell phone out of their hand and stab them in the eye with the antenna?

HEY!!!! Just because you got a little annoyed with my camera usage doesn't mean you have to try to stab me! (Plus, didn't you get some sort of benefit from the camera usage? ;))
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I totally agree. I absolutely hate it when Im driving and someone in front of me is going slow and only to find out that they are to busy talking on the cell phone without the hands free system. Talk about road rage.

There was a girl in our town 4 months ago that was killed because the driver behind her was on a cell phone and when it fell from his grasp he bent over to retrieve it in the front seat of his car. The light was red and he was clocking 40mph+ ran in the back of the car killing the child instantly and severly injuring the mother.

Consideration of others is often ignored because we think that we have the right, to do what we want, when we want, how we want. That is usually the argument when those type of people are confronted.

I was in Florida with a modeling agency when right in the middle of a video presentation a cell phone starts to ring. The lady just picked it up and started chatting away as if no one was around. Her daughter was so embarrassed she asked her mother to go outside, the mother refused. Another woman walks over and told the woman that she is needed for an interview for a fictious photo shoot. They left only to be shown the door and locked out of the presentation. I felt sorry for the daughter who had potential, and what could have been a successful career.

There is a law in some states that prohibits the use of cell phones. You would think that North Carolina would be one of them since the incident recieved so much media attention..nope. In my country, if you are caught using a cell phone without the hands free system while driving you will be fine up 1000euros.

Just out and about, I'm okay with it, even in restaraunts. However, and this just happened on Sunday night, in the movie theater....that is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. We had some mouthy teenagers behind us and one of them left the phone ringer on, then started having a conversation in the middle of the movie>:(.
Putting that phone in their eye wasn't exactly the 'orifice' I had in mind.

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

Let me tell you something, I'm in the process of adding a new word to the Webster's Dictionary, that word is CELLEMA (cell-enema), do I need to elaborate on that? >:(

At crosskeys, Stuey had a rule back in our campsite where we used to hang out.

"First call, I give you a warning. Second call, that fucking cell phone goes in the fire. Yeah, keep fucking laughing. I'm not kidding."

I have seen him stick to that rule.

Also, I am seriously considering buying a portable cell phone blocker from over seas(they aren't legal here). I would use it while driving. When some no talent ass clown in front of me was yapping away on their cell phone and doing 55 in the left lane, just pull it out and begin to laugh.

Methane Freefly - got stink?

There is a law in some states that prohibits the use of cell phones. You would think that North Carolina would be one of them since the incident recieved so much media attention..nope. In my country, if you are caught using a cell phone without the hands free system while driving you will be fine up 1000euros.

Same here in Australia. If your cought using your phone without a hands free the fine is something like $150 and 3 demerit points.

I'm an eye doc and it royally pisses me off when in the middle of the exam, the cell phone rings, and the freaking patient actually answers it and starts chatting away. How do you expect to get a quality exam and appropriate patient education if you eat up all my time talking on the phone??? I typically leave the room for 5 mins or so. They get the picture.

I even hate my own cell phone, and when I got a new one, I have my old one ready to very therapeutically take to the gun range and see how many holes I can put in it before there is nothing left. Guess that depends on which gun I use?

Jen

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I usually get the urge to stab someone in the eye with the cellphone when they are using the friggin two-way. This appears to be a major affliction of Nextel users. Not only do I not want to hear one side of a pointless cell phone conversation...I really really really do not want to hear two sides. The typical place for this to happen is on the elevated train in Chicago. We're all packed in like sardines and then someone feels a need to talk on their walkie talkie. Annoying

when i was on vacation a few months ago, I ran sound for a friend's gig at a local club. Her regular drummer was out with the flu that week so she had scrambled to find a replacement who could quickly learn the songs..

he was competent, not great, and tended to coast thru some sections instead of accenting where he should have..[:/]
half way thru the second set his cell phone rings on stage.....:o
then the unprofessional asshat actually answered it!!! >:(

i had to restrain the bassist and the guitar player from actually beating his ass, they had already thrown him against the wall in the 'green room' by the time I got there. Luckily the crowd was thin and the bar manager wanted to call an early night so we scrubbed the third set. We paid him, but left him and all his gear outside the club to figure out how to get home, good thing he had insisted he use his own drums and needed a ride ;) time to use that cell phone again loser.....:)

... to grab someone's cell phone out of their hand and stab them in the eye with the antenna?

LOL. A measly little stab in the eye B|is nothing compared to what I'd like to do to some of those rude cell phone users!

Over the weekend I was at the theater and prior to the play starting there was a sound of a ringing cell phone. People were looking to see if their phones were turned off, but the ringing continued. Everyone was looking at everyone else and trying to figure out who the culprit was. Finally one of the actors comes into the audience, looks in a woman's purse and pulls out a cell phone. He then takes if with him to a corner of the stage, stomps on it and smashes it, then hands it back to the lady. Everyone in the audience was clapping and cheering. It was obviously staged, but it got the point across without the usual "please turn off your cellphone" request.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Nextel users... the walkie talkie feature can be quieted, it's not mandatory to leave it on speaker.

Nextel users. Change the Voice mail alert to only go off one time.

Stock Stupid ringtone users... :S

A co-worker of mine has a stock "Rag Time" ringtone and it's rather grating after hearing it over and over. It's on as loud as it can go and when it rings, he picks up the phone and stares at it for several seconds letting it ring.

I'm a quiet person. Isn't it the quiet ones that snap and start shooting people?... or stabbing some one with an antenna?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I'm a quiet person. Isn't it the quiet ones that snap and start shooting people?... or stabbing some one with an antenna?

Yes. If you want to coordinate snapping times, PM me. I've got a great idea for a 51 state killing spree too.

Custom ring tones piss me off. It's a phone, not a f*cking 5 speaker surround sound home theater system.

I once heard Metallica's Enter Sandman as a ringtone on the bus:S

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Some stupid lady had her cart parked in the middle of the aisle at walmart. She was too busy yaking on her phone to move. Good thing i'm a passive person cause i felt like ripping the phone outta her hand and hurling it across the store.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!