Acensky

Cartoons now a days

As I am sitting here watching TV I have noticed that the new cartoons that they are coming out with are becoming more and more stupid and not funny at all. What happened to the good old toons like Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny and Sylvester? Has anyone else noticed this?
Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

I concur. Those cartoons were some seriously adult humor.

Nowadays, even the Simpsons is disappointing since they are more focused on the gag.

Some of them have been good. I particularly liked Animaniacs and Freakazoid...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

yeah the classics were bad-ass, but there's no way they could make them now ... way too much violence for our *think about the children* society. simpsons is good but has been disappointing. South Park however has gotten excellent recently.
This ad space for sale.

A few years back there was a great WB cartoon called Histeria, it was absolutely fantastic for adults, especially history buffs. One episode that stands out is the "sitcom" My Buddy Joe, about a kid and his hijinks with his best friend Joe Stalin.

I agree, and the most interesting thing is that when I was a kid I had fun watching those cartoons (like Bugs, Daffy, etc) and now as an adult I STILL LAUGH MY ASS OFF, because some of the humor has something "between the lines" that only an adult can catch, there is no comparison with cartoons nowadays, well, maybe Ren and Stimpy. ;)

The thing is, the Bugs Bunny, etc that you know isn't how they were orginally done. They've been censored, so I'm sorry to say, but your childhood memories are skewed due to censorship.

http://looney.toonzone.net/ltcuts/

I also have to add.. Most of those cartoons were originaly made for adults. They were shorts shown in movie theatres before feature films. They weren't made for children.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Pinky and the Brain. Love that cartoon.

"So what are we doing tonight Brain?"
"Same thing we do every night Pinky. Take over the world."
:D

I miss that show!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D I never get to watch it anymore...

~R+R:)...I wanna take over the world, and then call it kinky...:ph34r:...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

I miss that show!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D I never get to watch it anymore...

~R+R:)...I wanna take over the world, and then call it kinky...:ph34r:...

You could start a new show, "Kinky and the Pain" ;)

"Well big boy, this whip didn't just come with the outfit. WHO is your mistress?" :ph34r:

"And now a word from our sponsor... Jims Leather World, bringing you the finest in leisure apparel."
:)

The thing is, the Bugs Bunny, etc that you know isn't how they were orginally done. They've been censored, so I'm sorry to say, but your childhood memories are skewed due to censorship.

http://looney.toonzone.net/ltcuts/

Note: emphasis added.

Don't you mean Efram the Retarded Rabbit? B|

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

The only decent cartoon worth watching for me at the moment is Justice league. Samurai Jack was good and original for the first 24 episodes but it's getting a little tiring now. Batman : the Animated Series was brill, but Batman of the Future which followed on from that didn't quite hit the same mark.

It seems the style of drawing has regressed to something my 6 year old nephew would do. I'm talking about the Spongebob & Sqaurepants and Dexters Laboratory rubbish.

Also, expanding "Cartoons" to "animation", Reboot and Shadow Raiders ruled the late 90's. The parodies of TV shows and Films in both of those series were brilliant. The best being the Millenium Falcon "Your all clear kid now let's blow this thing and go home" tribute in Shadow Raiders.

The most exciting project in development at the moment comes from Mainframe Entertainment Inc. Alien Legion, (http://www.mainframe.ca/alegion/) taken from Marvel's superb Graphic Novel. I just hope they don't dilute the adult content too much for younger audiences.

Lu-"let the beast beware"-cy

I don't think they've exactly gone away, they've just changed venues.

South Park has some of the most insanely funny (and offensive) material I've ever seen.

The way the writers roast political figures is telling. There are animators still out there ridiculing pop culture the way it deserves...:D

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

VH1 has a new series called "Illustrated" I actually found this animated series to be very intelligently writen and extremely funny. They have massive amounts of political bashing, pop culture slams. Very original content.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

My wife and I still sing "Flight of the Valkyries"as "Kill Da Wabbit" thanks to Elmer Fudd.:D:D

Most of my early experience with classical music came from Bugs Bunny cartoons. Remember the one where he is a barber and he is massaging Elmers head with his toes.

One of my fav takeoffs is Bruce Springsteen songs as done by Elmer Fudd.
"I'm widing in my cah... I turn on da wadio..."

Too shy... hah! :P

Anyway.. yah cartoons now a days are nothing but a bunch of weird shaped animals and children running around like idiots and yelling at each other. Just a bunch of noise.

How come kids dont watch Sesame Street anymore? If its not on Nick or Cartoon Network, it aint cool..

One of my fav takeoffs is Bruce Springsteen songs as done by Elmer Fudd.
"I'm widing in my cah... I turn on da wadio..."

Robin Williams, 1983, from his "Throbbing Python of Love" album.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.