Jeth

Who is NOT an adrenaline junkie??

I am just curious....

I am not an adrenaline junkie. I have never been into extreme sports (or sports much at all, really) nor major risk taking. But as soon as I tried skydiving, I was HOOKED. Now I can't wait to get to that place where I know what I'm doing and can jump with my friends!

Any other jumpers out there with skydiving as their only "extreme" passion??
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

I am NOT an adrenaline junkie, however I do enjoy sports that are challenging and require discipline, concentration, coordination, etc...

Actually I am pretty terrified of heights so I really don't get a "rush" from jumping, it is more of a personal gratification thing, kinda like motorcycle racing.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Well guess I'm not alone then! :)
For me it is the "rush" as well as the satisfaction of doing it. It's just a unique experience like no other.

WOO-HOO!!!! :)
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

Many moons ago when I entered the Fire SErvice I used to get extreme rushes from Fire calls, after I began skydiving though my internal spaz module developed a much higher threshold. I see guys on my crew with double the amount of time in the dept as I have get twice as excited as I do. Having that said I do some sport rappelling and am on the S.O.R.T. (Special Operations Response Team) at work whici constists of High Angle Rope rescue, Hazardous Materials and Search and Rescue resposes, so no I am not a Junkie, I just need it to feel balanced, I think that I am the sanest person I know

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

I wouldn't say I am an adrenaline junky but...

The only thing other than skydiving that I do that is thrill seeking I guess is speeding... I very much like to drive fast. It's where 'fast' was originally derived from.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

perhaps i am,but i would never say if i felt so;)

Personaly i dont feel like any kind of Junkie,but i know that if i havnt jumped for er longer periode of time(like a week)i start to begin to be gnarly.. just ask my gf...:D:ph34r::D
but junkie??naah not at all:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I'm definitely NOT an adrenaline junky. Most of my hobbies are active and challenging... hiking, horseback riding, off road jeeping, now this. I don't ever get an adrenaline rush with jumping, even during my first jump. I just love the challenge, the sense of flying, and the total peace and quiet of being under canopy. It is one of the few moments of my life where I'm not thinking a bazillion miles a second about work, my mental to do list, and everything else. I'm mentally quiet, paying attention only to my skydive. That all by itself is extremely relaxing.

Jen

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I guess it depends on what you're definition of an adrenaline junkie is...
I love skydiving, motorcycles, living life passionately. When I was young and had to jump off the high board at the swimming pool, I was scared, but then I got addicted to jumping off the high dive! Also, when I was camping in middle school w/ my fam, I jumped off a tressle bridge 13 times...little did I know my dad didn't think I was gonna do it, since he withheld info from me about some guy dying jumping off it..:o
But anyways, I think I am adventurous, maybe a little bit of an adrenaline junkie

Sarah

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I guess it depends on what you're definition of an adrenaline junkie is...
I love skydiving, motorcycles, living life passionately. When I was young and had to jump off the high board at the swimming pool, I was scared, but then I got addicted to jumping off the high dive! Also, when I was camping in middle school w/ my fam, I jumped off a tressle bridge 13 times...little did I know my dad didn't think I was gonna do it, since he withheld info from me about some guy dying jumping off it..:o
But anyways, I think I am adventurous, maybe a little bit of an adrenaline junkie

Sarah

that sounds like an adrenaline junkie to me... ;)

I consider myself adventurous in that I love to travel to exotic places, try new things, meet all sorts of people - basically just get out there and experience life. But thats different than always looking for the next big thrill, or pushing the envelope to get the ultimate rush. (Although I did thorougly enjoy going 110mph on a crotch rocket... ok, maybe i am a bit of an adrenaline junkie myself... :))
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

I am not an Adrenaline Junkie at all. I am a Statistician who plays a string instrument - I'm a Freaking Nerd!!! :P

Thats okay... I won't tell anyone... ;)
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site