KolinskyDC

Any good speeding excuses?

This happened a long time ago before people had cell phones and navigation systems. It was late at night and I was on my way home from a friends and I was lost and I was speeding. I got pulled over and when the cop came up to my car I said "Oh, I'm so glad you saw me, I was afraid you wouldn't". He was looking really confused and said "huh?" I said "well I'm really lost and I didn't want to stop for directions in an unfamiliar town in the middle of the night, so when I saw you I figured you could give me directions, but I needed to get your attention so I figured if I was speeding you'd pull me over and I could ask directions" He then gave me directions and sent me on my way without a ticket. In fact, he never even mentioned the speeding. :ph34r:

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

A friend of mine in high school was coming back from the beach doing about 88 in a 65 on I-85.
The cop pulled him over and said "Son, that's the interstate number, not the speed limit."
He replied "Oh, Thanks, it's a good thing you caught me before I got on Route 460."
The cop laughed and just told him to slow down.

I've only been pulled twice that I didn't get a ticket. Both of them were by plain clothes officers that were just trying to put a scare into me. One I passed going almost 100 on the way home from college on (ironically) Route 460. Every other time I got a ticket.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

The DZ owner gave me her "speeding" speech when I got there which went something like "You fall 120 mph when you get here, isn't that fast enough? Do you really need to speed on the way up?"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Same one she gives Gary??? LOL *tears in the eye*
I can see her giving it now....

SLOW DOWN!

Jeez I miss you guys...

Jump
-------------

Yeah, actually when I got up there and told them all about my ticket, Gary was telling me about the speeding hearing he had like 2 days prior, and giving me advice on how to get out of it. I think he has lost count of how many he has!!

We miss you too, when you coming for a visit??

Melissa

"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"

My cousin had a friend who was stopped for speeding in Florida. Knowing she would loose her license with one more ticket, she smiled and said, "Officer I know you stopped me because you want to sell me a ticket to the policemen's ball." Without thinking, the officer said, "Mam, I work for the highway patrol. We don't have balls." After realizing what he had said, he turned around, got into his patrol car and left.

LOL, that's hysterical, will have to try that one some day!

Melissa

This happened a long time ago before people had cell phones and navigation systems. It was late at night and I was on my way home from a friends and I was lost and I was speeding. I got pulled over and when the cop came up to my car I said "Oh, I'm so glad you saw me, I was afraid you wouldn't". He was looking really confused and said "huh?" I said "well I'm really lost and I didn't want to stop for directions in an unfamiliar town in the middle of the night, so when I saw you I figured you could give me directions, but I needed to get your attention so I figured if I was speeding you'd pull me over and I could ask directions" He then gave me directions and sent me on my way without a ticket. In fact, he never even mentioned the speeding. :ph34r:

Smart girl!! That's the best one I have heard so far. I will definitely keep that one in mind.

Melissa

So I get to the hearing, they call me in and it is the same guy who listened to my appeal 2 months earlier. He listens to my excuse then realizes he recognizes me, checks his sheets and figures out it was him last time. He tells me that my reason was good, but he cannot find me not-responsible 2 times, it would look bad. Can you friggin believe that >:( I have to go to trial because he would look bad if he let me off. But the good thing is that he said the officer is a state trooper who lives faraway and there's a very very good chance he wont show, so he told me to appeal.

What a bunch of bullshit though! Just my luck, I do not get a ticket for about ten years, then I get 2 in a few months time and it is the same guy on both appeals. I hardly ever sped til I started jumping, then I seemed to have developed a lead foot, but only on the route to the DZ...Go figure!!

Melissa

A friend of mine in high school was coming back from the beach doing about 88 in a 65 on I-85.
The cop pulled him over and said "Son, that's the interstate number, not the speed limit."
He replied "Oh, Thanks, it's a good thing you caught me before I got on Route 460."
The cop laughed and just told him to slow down.

That's an old joke. Heard that back when I was in high school. It's a funny one.

Forty-two

True story. I was coming home from a LONG, BAD day in Chicago, it was about 2 AM Got off of the highway, with my 'auto pilot' still on at about 74 mph. I pass a car lolligaggin in the right lane and I'm wondering what is that IDIOT doing going so slowly on this deserted road this late at night. Turns out he was a State Trooper and the posted speed limit was 45MPH.
So I pass him like he is standing still, and he follows me all the way to my street in the next town. When he reached me, and asked for my license and stuff, I started YELLING at him "DON"T GIVE ME A BAD TIME< MY DAY HAS BEEN HORRIBLE!" and then I go on to explain moving my sick son to Chicago in between raindrops and vomiting spells, the wheel FALLING off the truck, the landlady breaking down the door to let my son into his new apartment, the people in the tenements across the street from his new apartment taking inventory of all of his sound equipment and guitars while we are moving him in, and all of the while I am digging thru my purse and handing him the junk out of it. When I finally got to the bottom of my purse there were two sanitary napkins which I laid on top of the pile of crap he was now holding, and he just looked at the napkins and said, "lady, your right rear taillight is out, have your husband fix it in the morning" and handed me all of my junk back, and never did look at my license.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

i don't know you or your situation. try taking the responsibility for your speeding and pay the freakin ticket! you did it you know it, own up to it and be a decent citizen .

maybe even save the taxpayers including yourself some money for filing fees, judges pay, secretaries pay, cops time in court instead of on the streets catching more people like yourself doing things that the people of this once great land passed laws against.

the speed laws are not in place to "keep you down "

with that, i wish you luck in life.

peace,
brent

~~~~Green grass and high clouds forever~~~~
no matter where you go, there you are!

Doing 260km in a 110km zone,
Cop: Why were you going 260km when we clocked you?

Me: Because I was slowing down:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I have a hearing to appeal a speeding ticket today. I was doing 74 in a 55 mph and got pulled over. I did it and was going to pay it, but several people said to appeal it, because it is worth the chance they might dismiss it. So does anyone have any good ideas of what I can say or any experiences where you got yourself out of paying a ticket?

Thanks in advance
Melissa

Never pay it right away without trying to fight it. Why give them the automatic victory -- any chance to avoid the fine and the points on your license is a chance worth taking. I mean, we all know that your 74 was not really unsafe, so it's not like you're trying to defend against having done something objectively reckless, stupid and unsafe. So you're not wrong to object being told by the government that you should be penalized.

Go to court, and if the officer who wrote you the ticket is not present, when your case is called, request a dismissal on the grounds of the officer's non-appearance. Explain, respectfully, that you have shown good faith to the court and its schedule, and that you realize that if you had been absent you would have been found guilty in absentia, i.e. you would have forfeited; and that by not showing up, for whatever reasons, the officer has caused you to have to waste your time and you would appreciate it if the court would not force you to do it again.

One time, I explained that I had had to travel 200 miles from college during finals-time to appear for my ticket, and the judge, who initially balked about dismissing the ticket because I myself had had adjournments and postponements already. My sob story of inconvenience made him change his mind.

If the cop is present, ask the judge (often you are given a chance to arrange a plea before all of the day's trials start) if you can get "adjudication withheld." This means that the court does not make a finding of guilty or not guilty -- so nothing goes on your DMV record or insurance -- but you have to pay the fine as though you pleaded guilty. I did this once or twice. Some judges make a special out of it. I was on line with the clerk, at the desk right next to the judge, and I arranged that very thing. I kept hearing him tell people, "Mr. Jones, I see they got you for 7 over the limit... That's not horrible. I'll withhold adjudication, see the clerk and pay the fine."

THE STATE IS JUST IN IT FOR THE MONEY, ANYWAY. They don't give a shit if you get points on your license, they just want the FINE REVENUES. >:(

Good luck.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

In a former life as an Airport Police Officer I was working radar when a vehicle comes zipping by far enough over the limit to stop. I pull in behind them (male driver, wife in front seat, college age daughter in rear seat) and turn on the lights. The driver and I make eye contact in the mirror, the wife is talking rather animated to him...he just keeps driving. I flash him with the spot light, bump the siren...he looks me in the eye in the mirror and keeps going. I think "OK, along with the speeding ticket he gets the failure to stop ticket" (much worse than the speeding ticket).

He pulls in front of the departure terminal and the wife and daughter bail and go inside. I ask him for the license and registration then ask if he knew I wanted him to stop to which he replied "Yes sir". When I asked him why he didn't stop he said, "Frankly officer, I'm more afraid of her (looks toward where his wife went) than I am of you."

All he got was the speeding ticket.

A cooler story would have ended with you not giving him any ticket. [:/]

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Its not an excuse but a friend of mine was doing well over 100mph on a turbocharged motorbike (big suzuki i think) a few years ago before you got locked up for that kind of thing, and when the fuzz finally caught up, the first thing the officer said was "having problems taking off, Wing Commander?":P
Never try to eat more than you can lift

One lady I go to Church with got pulled over on the highway outside my neighborhood. She told him "I'm sorry, I'm having a really bad morning. I speed through here all the time . . . could you just give me a ticket another day?" The cop laughed, and let her off with a warning.
Arrive Safely

John

Try sending an email to these guys to see if they got out of it! :D

http://users.pandora.be/necrolite/lef.wmv

PS: some people are just plain stoopid! lol

that has to be one of the stupidist/craziest/funniest things i've seen in a while.

Can you give us a translation please Rem, ma francias est tres mal!

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

I was pulled over several years ago for speeding in my Mercury Bobcat (Read-Pinto) I had just left a stop light so I handed the keys to the cop and told him if he could get the car to go that fast in that distance, I'd pay the fine and give him the car. I didn't get the ticket and a couple of months later I heard that the cop was fired for pulling over a state trooper's son on another bogus stop.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried