asphaltpussy

Customized Vigil, now that's a service.

We shouldn't be required to log-in somewhere to see it.

And for those who aren't already members, they would have to register in order to log in.

Just post the photo here.

Or put it on a photo hosting web site, like Shutterfly, that allows people to see the photos without being a member.

Just post the photo here.

Or put it on a photo hosting web site, like Shutterfly, that allows people to see the photos without being a member.

It's a video, not a photo.

For those who can't see it: at the end of the startup sequence, instead of saying "Enjoy", it says "Meow".

... now I just need to find rigs that will fit my cats...

Edit: screenshot attached.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

Totallly agree with you. Each time there is a new member, Facebook must make money, no doubt.

they dont make money just by someone signing up but thats a different thread

not sure if id like them changing things in my aad even basic things when what they have already is not foolproof but then i guess its probably not a massive deal

Ok guys,
sorry that i posted a facebook link, but i didn't had the video somewhere else.
But i didn't do it to convince anybody to join FB, but to look at the pimped Vigil.
So it would be nice if people could continue their Facebook discussion in another threat.

The change of the greeting messages don't conflict with anything involved in the life saving settings.
The Messages are .bmp's and can't be changed by the customer. So it won't affect in any way the AAD's software or initial task
R&D Firebird USA
Skyventure Arizona Instructor
Eloy, AZ

not sure if id like them changing things in my aad even basic things when what they have already is not foolproof but then i guess its probably not a massive deal

Nothing is foolproof, not even your beloved cypres2.

Edit: To the original poster - I thought that there's going to be some kickass vigil with flames painted on it or something, instead it was this silly meow at the end of the turning on sequence.. disappointed [:/]
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Sangi, i could understand your disappointment, but to us in Eloy and to us Judas, the Meow means a lot.
Meow is kinda the battle call of the Eloy Crew, like Babylon have their Maou.It has the same origins, just for anglophone.
It's for shure something the insiders will understand more.
But it was just an idea to try to customize the messages.
In the future Teams or Schools can order their Name or their call on the screen.
It's just a little funny detail.
R&D Firebird USA
Skyventure Arizona Instructor
Eloy, AZ

i dont use an aad so i dont beloved anything about them you can take what i said at face value i couldnt give a shit about the aad brand wars

I very much doubt that a student/novice with 51 jumps is allowed to jump without an AAD.

Sangi, i could understand your disappointment, but to us in Eloy and to us Judas, the Meow means a lot.
Meow is kinda the battle call of the Eloy Crew, like Babylon have their Maou.It has the same origins, just for anglophone.
It's for shure something the insiders will understand more.
But it was just an idea to try to customize the messages.
In the future Teams or Schools can order their Name or their call on the screen.
It's just a little funny detail.

I guess in the end it's what matters to you. Anyway, enjoy!
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

i dont use an aad so i dont beloved anything about them you can take what i said at face value i couldnt give a shit about the aad brand wars

I very much doubt that a student/novice with 51 jumps is allowed to jump without an AAD.

Since he has a USPA B license and 51 jumps, he can jump without an AAD according to USPA rules. Fail again.

(Unless his specific dropzone or country rules require one)

Weird, I always thought you had to have 500 jumps and a D license to jump without one...

my profile is inaccurate but i still have a b licence

in the states you dont need one if you dont want one after student as far as i know you need one while you are a student

i do not have one in my rig as i simply cant afford one right now this does however prevent me from jumping at my home dz in ireland which sucks but whatever ill survive

i dont need to lie or bullshit on an internet forum again you can take my original post at face value

Totallly agree with you. Each time there is a new member, Facebook must make money, no doubt.
I just don't understand why people would put their private life on display anyway.

Your private life is not on display. You can share messages you choose to share with friends you allow to see those messages. It's a service.

As for the money, they serve ads, it
seems to be how they make their money, kinda like dropzone.com only without Subaru slinging mud in your face.

I have to semi-backup Sangi on this one (shudders).

It's BPA regs they're talking about.

Or perhaps BPA vs EIREPA. I don't know...
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom