weegegirl

Why smoking sucks...

1. It stinks horribly. Your clothes, your car, your breath... everything.

2. It's freakin expensive. Even one pack a week is equal to one jump a month. Think about if you smoke a few packs a week. You could be making 4 or 5 more jumps a month on that money.

3. Breathing is tough. In order to get a full breath you have to breathe really really deeply.

4. It makes you tired and sucks away all your energy.

5. It limits your dating pool. (not that that matters for me, but i'm sure my s/o hates it)

So, today is day two. I had quit smoking for three years... even longer than that really... when I decided to start again this season. Dumb as hell. Now I must pay the price and suffer quitting all over again. :P

Why else does smoking suck???

5. It limits your dating pool.

You're right about that. As horrible as I feel about it, I can't bring myself to date a smoker! (Not that I have much room to be picky, but yeah...)

Liz, I'm proud of you. B| KEEP IT UP! Don't rest on your laurels.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

After smoking for close to 20 years, a better question is "Can you possibly name a reason smoking does not suck?"

I can't.

Congrats on day 2 (again).
Today, for me, is exactly 1 year and 3 months wihout that crap.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Hey, I think adamjenner and I are gonna join you here in a couple of days. We can all be miserable together. This'll be the third time I've quit . . . but hey, third time's the charm, right? ;)

I think you hit all the high points as to why it sucks. It also sucks when you get persecuted for it, at the dz of all places (which is, granted, the only place I ever smoke in front of people). [:/]

Thanks, Kramer! This stinks, but I've gotten through it before. I think that makes it a bit easier. I know it's going to suck for X amount of time, and then things will be okay. Soooooooooo... hold me to it damnit.

Tecumseh people... please kick my ass if you see me smoking this weekend!!!! Thank you!!!

It also sucks when you get persecuted for it, at the dz of all places (which is, granted, the only place I ever smoke in front of people). [:/]

No doubt!!!! I get crap every weekend!!! (especially from a certain dz.com chick i know) But seriously... I think that's helped me a lot. At least it has kept me from getting too comfortable with smoking again. Every time I light up I here comments like....

... dude that shit stinks.
... name ONE good freeflyer that smokes.
... blah blah blah blah blah

I'm really glad people have given me as much crap as they have. :S Thanks guys. :P

So, today is day two. I had quit smoking for three years... even longer than that really... when I decided to start again this season. Dumb as hell. Now I must pay the price and suffer quitting all over again

Quitting is easy, I do it every month...[:/]B|;)
10 days and counting...:)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

It makes your skin look like crap as you age. You get that old yellowish leathery look a whole lot earlier.

People stop feeling sorry for you when you're sick and coughing, because they can't tell the difference between that and when you're just coughing.

Some folks make you stand outside their houses to smoke.

It provides people with an opportunity to feel superior to you. Dunno about you, but I don't need to provide any others.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I told my husband I wouldn't marry him unless he stopped smoking. He cold turkeyed that day and hasn't smoked since. 2 years now. I'm so incredibly proud of him since everyone he works with does smoke so he's around it a lot. I know it's tough to stay away from sometimes, but he does it.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Yay for you!!! Stick with it, girl - you'll be so happy you did. I'm at 1 year and 20 days right now. Here's another reason smoking sucks:

It's yet another burden in your life - your life which is being shortened with each cigarette.

Would that I had never started. Then I could be one of those lucky (smart!) people who have never even had to think about smoking and quitting and their poor lungs.

'Course, now I won't take my health and fresh air for granted!

KEEP IT UP!! YOU ROCK WEEGE!!!

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Some folks make you stand outside their houses to smoke.

Yup!

In fact, I do that to my own wife!

I really, REALLY wish she would quit. Really. [:/]
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

If someone smokes, there are nonsmokers out there who will feel superior to them for that reason alone.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I go weeks without smoking but then for some reason I have this weird habbit of smoking only when I'm drunk off my ass at a dropzone get together and I HATE it! I hate the way it makes my mouth taste and I hate kissing someone that doesn't smoke knowing that I taste like a cigarette. I would never date a smoker.

I'll quit with you guys.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

I'll quit with you guys.

Yay!!! Sweet!!! We should all quit together!! adamjenner and kelel01 and GFD and DOWNWIND JIM!!!!! let's all quit.

hmmm...... now how the HECK am i gonna get through this weekend??

Edited to say: OK. Chrissssay just answered that question for me. :D:D:D:D

People stop feeling sorry for you when you're sick and coughing, because they can't tell the difference between that and when you're just coughing.

You know what's bad? I'm guilty of that. There's this 65 year old woman in my office who's smoked forever, basically, and we just don't care when she's sick anymore, because she always hacks up a lung. I guess I just look at it like, NO WAY am I gonna keep smoking for that long, which is extremely arrogant of me to assume. [:/]

Why else does smoking suck???

Because there's a good chance it will give you emphysema and you will end up walking around with a portable oxygen bottle gasping for air.

Or it will cause you to get cancer and you will die a slow painful death of spitting up lung tissue and coughing up blood. yuk :(

I have been "quitting" for over a year...
I'll just smoke, one here or there....
Then I'll buy a pack... just this pack....
then I will make it a couple of days on the patch...
blah blah blah....

Reasons smoking sucks....
1/ Lung capacity for playing Trumpet...
2/ Air consumptions sucks when I smoked in the last couple of days for SCUBA
3/ Smells
4/ Just do not get the satisfation of taking a couple of minutes off my life...
5/ They cost $$$

Anybody want a sympathetic ear to bitch about smoking feel free to PM me:)

I'm in. Dear Lord, who from SDA is gonna read this and help me? :)

Kelly

YAY!!!! Good for you!!! Look what we've started!! This is cool. We should make a list of people who are not allowed to smoke anymore and keep updating it with our progress. I know that Chrisssay will kick my ass out at Tecumseh if I smoke.

Someone else I know just PMed me to tell me she had quit smoking. Not sure if she wants everyone to know... but I am SO PROUD OF HER!!!!!!!