weegegirl

Why smoking sucks...

don't worry haha after this pack i'm done.
I mean it. haha

There, I fixed it for you. ;)

:P:P
i always laugh. it's a habit. But seriously, i quit for a month before but started up after my ex broke up with me. so if i did it before i should be able to do it again.
the only thing is everyone i know smokes so it'll be hard to fight off the temptation.

Major nonsmoking vibes for you Liz. I know how hard it can be and I used the patch. Of course it only lasted for 2 yrs, I never saw skymama for the case she said she'd give me and now I'm a smoker again with a sore throat.

Good ol' Camel Wides Filters.

Chris

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

Man, I'm already jonesing. SHIT! :(

Holy crap! Me too! Grrrrrrrrr! (Poor Wrongway! hahahaha!)

I was trying to justify having a smoke to myself earlier. How just one wouldn't matter. I made it through that. I think the first few days are always the toughest. I know I can do this!!!! The dz this weekend is going to be torture. I hope I make it!!!

Just that one time, don't smoke that cigarette. Go to the bathroom, go get a drink of water, go give someone a hug and get a great one in return.

Then it's not a problem until the next time you REALLY want to smoke. Don't even think about it until then.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Why else does smoking suck???

If you are a parent, because of what you might be doing to your kids...health and otherwise. As a kid I was traumatized at school when someone would ask what "that smell" was or who had been smoking because I smelled so much like smoke.

I will never forget walking into the living room on a weekend morning as a kid and seeing a haze of smoke floating in the air. I have always wondered how much their smoking had to do with the asthma that plagued me as a kid.

The only good thing that came of growing up with two smoking parents is that I saw how disgusting it was and to this day have never had even the slightest interest in trying a cigarette.

Thankfully they both quit a few years ago.
Killing threads since 2004.

I quit quite awhile ago. I had tried several times but honestly, I just loved smoking. It was when I was driving somewhere and all of a sudden I could not breathe that changed it for me. I had an asthma attack... I had never had asthma in my life but it was brought on by the smoking. I drove straight to the doctor where they gave me a steroid to take right away and prescribed inhaler. I quit smoking that night and haven't had any asthma symptoms since.

so why does smoking suck?? You can't breathe!!

heh, i know 3 people that wont pack for you if you smoke.... they can smell it on your rig... and talk about the evil eye....

i have two really good friends who smoke, the smoke itself never really bothered me, but its annoying having to wait for them everytime we went hiking anywhere.....

sex and beer?? those are the two biggest contributers to my smoking cravings!!! hahahahha!!!

Well, day two is almost done. I feel like I should go crash out early just to prevent any more cravings today. Today has been tough, but manageable. You guys have been a big help. Thanks. :P

I smoke when I drink, been doing so since high school. For whatever reasons its great when I'm drinking but I couldnt imagine like waking up in the morning and having a smoke...yuck

That was the hardest for me, too. Even after I quit, i'd go to the occassional bar and light up one or two. Now I can't even imagine ruining my beer with that shit. Quitting makes sense, and the cravings do eventually go away. Just remember how bad it tastes and how bad it is for you when you crave one.

:o)
angela.

It also sucks because if your friends or loved ones stay near you, you'll make them stink, too! So it forces you to be not-nice to people you supposedly care about!

Well, Liz, I'm glad/proud that you're making the effort to give it up. I wish you all the best at succeeding. :)
Blue skies (with no smoke in 'em!)
-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

If you are a parent, because of what you might be doing to your kids...health and otherwise. As a kid I was traumatized at school when someone would ask what "that smell" was or who had been smoking because I smelled so much like smoke.

I will never forget walking into the living room on a weekend morning as a kid and seeing a haze of smoke floating in the air. I have always wondered how much their smoking had to do with the asthma that plagued me as a kid.

The only good thing that came of growing up with two smoking parents is that I saw how disgusting it was and to this day have never had even the slightest interest in trying a cigarette.

Thankfully they both quit a few years ago.

This is funny! I grew up with two smoking parents, who smoked in the house, in the car, all over. But things turned out very differently. I'll get to that.

A friend of theirs even smoked cigars, and in the '70s and '80s, that couple would come over and play canasta, and my parents even let him smoke cigars in our house! Talk about annoying -- to be in your own house and not be able to stand it.

My parents screwed around with those bullshit plastic disposable filters to try to quit. They also smoked a good amound of pot -- and yes, in the house, in front of us, even in the car when we'd go out to dinner! :o (It was much much later on that I realized that the smell of pot must have been on our whole family when we would arrive at a restaurant! I'm glad I never realized it then, because I have no idea what I would have done!)

Eventually, my mom and dad realized that Mom was wayyy too into pot -- "needing" it morning noon and night. She decided to go to a rehab, in like '86 or so. She was in a really ritzy part of Connecticut (New Canaan) at a place called Silver Hill. Celebrities go there, as I understand it. She met the brother of Bill Paxton there.

When she quit pot, Dad quit too (but it was easy for him). He also quit cigarettes COLD TURKEY after having smoked for a few decades!

What is funny to me, is that not one of the four kids in my family EVER smoked. BUT, when I was a little kid, like in elementary school, I would pretend to be "cool," by "smoking" a plastic lollipop stick, whenever I got the kind of lollipop that had one (as opposed to the paper sticks that got soggy and gross). I actually found it fun to pretend I was smoking, but then grew up never to smoke! I have no idea how difficult it is to quit smoking; I just know that my mom quit numerous times for varying lengths, and Dad quit just the once and has never smoked in almost 20 years. It's almost impossible for me to picture him smoking, now!

Since I know how awful smoking is, and how much I loathe it, and since I have an appreciation for the difficulty of quitting, I always try to be supportive and congratulatory to people who are making or who have made the effort to quit.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"