weegegirl

Why smoking sucks...

I know that Chrisssay will kick my ass out at Tecumseh if I smoke.

I'm good at harrassing people. ;) I walk around the dz yelling 'SMOKERS'. >:(
I use to smoke which is why I am such a big hypocrite about people smoking, since I have quit (about 6 years ago) I can't stand it. I rarely goto bars anymore just because I can't stand basking in the smoke all night. I quit cold turkey after my mom died of cancer (she never smoked) it was a great reason to quit.
Also a couple of years ago someone burned a hole right through my brand new pilot chute because they were smoking in the packing area, boy was I pissed!

I know that Chrisssay will kick my ass out at Tecumseh if I smoke.

I'm good at harrassing people. ;) I walk around the dz yelling 'SMOKERS'. >:(
I use to smoke which is why I am such a big hypocrite about people smoking, since I have quit (about 6 years ago) I can't stand it. I rarely goto bars anymore just because I can't stand basking in the smoke all night. I quit cold turkey after my mom died of cancer (she never smoked) it was a great reason to quit.
Also a couple of years ago someone burned a hole right through my brand new pilot chute because they were smoking in the packing area, boy was I pissed!

Right on. You're so right. Just sucks. You've smoked before, so you know how easy it is to get addicted. I am the biggest hypocrit out there, because not even a year ago I would do the same thing... harass all the smokers. And now I'm a smoker again. I think I'm confused. :S:D

Ok. It's official. I quit. But... right now... a smoke would go soooooo nice with this cup of coffee. EEK!! :D

Kelli, you know i'll start smoking just so i can quit with you. :)
Seriously, congrats on your decision to become a healthier person. Part of why i love CA so much is their strict non-smoking laws. Smoking is yicky!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Why else does smoking suck???

Just break it down real easy.

[rant]

It'll fucking kill you. End of story.

But hey, anyone who wants to keep on, you go right on and light up. Take comfort in the fact that you are providing job security for a few of us on here. Just don't ask for my sympathy.

[/rant]

But seriously, congratulation on your decision to quit. I wish you the best of luck,. That goes for everyone else out there. Good on ya!B|:)

. . . and you have this constant feeling that you have no control over something that involves you. That is the worst part of it for me.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

yup sure is....

Just think.. if you quit.. you will be healthier. Respiratory diseases will not make you sickas often. You will smell better to those who do not smoke. ( I dont care if you go outside to smoke or not.. you still stink to those who do not smoke. Its in your body... in your hair.. in your clothing and it does have a distinctive odor.)

Food will taste better.. because the smoking deadens many of the receptors you use for smell and taste.

You will not look older than your actual age.

You will have less tendency to get hypoxia( 1 pack a day smokers are starting out at about 5000' elevation is what we were taught in the altitude chamber training.. so you tend to pass out far quicker than those who do not smoke. The reason is the carbon monoxide is already bonded to quite a few of the blood cells hemoglobin and your ability to uptake oxygen is reduced.)

I smoked for a number of years but quit many years ago.

Why else does smoking suck???

-It consumes your time.

-You may sound like you've got a disease by the time you're 50 (coughing).

-You constantly put the health of others at risk by way of 2nd hand smoke.

-Slower healing times from major bone injuries (and probably many other injuries as well).

-Smoking weakens the immune system and is linked to cancer.

-Sense of smell and taste are affected.

.... and, like you mentioned, the smoke smells nasty and it makes you and all of your stuff smell, too. I was cutting down on smoking for many reasons when I met my current SO. He said he didn't like the smell and it turned him off... I have been cigarette free for 1 year now:D

GO LIZ!! Kick that nasty shit!

Angela.

OMG! This stinks! :( It's going to be good in the long run. But right now I don't even want to go to the dz on a beautiful day because I'm afraid of smoking. It's so tempting on slow days out there. Especially since a bunch or the full-timers smoke. :( Dayum. Oh, well. Quitting is good.

name ONE good freeflyer that smokes.

Not that this makes any difference to the "no smoking" argument at all in my opinion, but since you asked, I can name quite a few of the best freeflyers in the world who smoke regularly. Here's two: Dave Brown and Colon Berry.

Smoking is fucking disgusting.....period. If you regularly smoke, you smell like it no matter how clean you think you are. If you don't believe that, have a non-smoking friend smell the hand you regularly hold your cig with. Kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray. Ugh.

Chuck

It also sucks when you get persecuted for it, at the dz of all places (which is, granted, the only place I ever smoke in front of people). [:/]

No doubt!!!! I get crap every weekend!!! (especially from a certain dz.com chick i know) But seriously... I think that's helped me a lot. At least it has kept me from getting too comfortable with smoking again. Every time I light up I here comments like....

... dude that shit stinks.
... name ONE good freeflyer that smokes.
... blah blah blah blah blah

I'm really glad people have given me as much crap as they have. :S Thanks guys. :P

I could name a few great freeflyers that smoke , see how helpfull I am :)

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

ok ok i know i know... hahaha.

when that came up... the whole "what good freeflyers smoke" thing.... i had plenty of answers myself. but... i think they were just trying to push my buttons and get me to stop.

so great... now i'm dying over here wanting a smoke... AND i feel disgusting and bad about myself for having ever smoked in the first place.

grrr.... i'll be laughing about this in a few weeks. :P

Kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray. Ugh.
Chuck

Just for you Chuck I'll quit. But you'll have to kiss me. B|

Like In Prison!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun