hayfelix

Which Container?????

unfortunately, they didnt want my business; and i got a much better deal on the micron; and to be honest, i'm actually very happy it turned out that way.. :)
UPT has been nothing short of awesome helping me out doing the right choices; their staff even answered my question on a SUNDAY, and i was completely shit-faced drunk at the time; mad props for that, mr. k.! ;)

if someone questions me as a customer, or my measurements, and is not willing to work WITH me, i say fuck them!

it's still a nice container tough.. but i think i'd go for another vector anyway..

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

actually, i can blame basik only partially; but that's another story..

you know, i'm actually trying to be nice with everyone; probably one of the reasons why i got such an awesome deal with the micron. but hey, treat me like an idiot for no other good reason than you being "the man", rest assured, i'll take that back at you.. :)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

The only reason I didn't want your business was because you wanted
1° To cut our dealer by coming directly to us
2° You asked this dealer to take care of your direct order with measurements...
So, I have to respect my dealers, the balance is several rigs sold on one side and one on the other. What game do you want me to play?
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

My opinion is my opinion :)
Yes I can make a stand up landing :)
and yes my mom knows:)
600 / 12 = 20 jumps per year. What does jump numbers have to do with solid points about a product?

Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Trust me,,i got more jumps than that B|

I just get sick of hearing that idiotic re-sale value shit....after 7-10 years most rigs are worth 500 bucs +/- a couple of jump tickets.

Most good condition Racers sell quickly due to less of them being around and a dedicated fan base that snaps them up,,,theres a glut of Vectors around just cuz they are prolly the highest volume out there in sales. And i am a Vector fan, its an awesome rig,,so there :P

smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

I just get sick of hearing that idiotic re-sale value shit....after 7-10 years most rigs are worth 500 bucs +/- a couple of jump tickets.

but how come you are ONE OF THE FEW (if not the only one) who believes this ?

I will make you a deal, I will buy your 7 year old gear for 500 bucks every time. Or do you take advantage of those other stupid people who believe there's such thing as a resale value on skydiving gear ?

my current container is 9 years old with 1200 jumps, canopy has 800 jumps is 8 years old, reserve is 2 years old with 1 ride, Cypres2 is 5 years old. I don't plan to retire any of it it anytime soon

but how come you are ONE OF THE FEW (if not the only one) who believes this ?

I will make you a deal, I will buy your 7 year old gear for 500 bucks every time. Or do you take advantage of those other stupid people who believe there's such thing as a resale value on skydiving gear ?

my current container is 9 years old with 1200 jumps, canopy has 800 jumps is 8 years old, reserve is 2 years old with 1 ride, Cypres2 is 5 years old. I don't plan to retire any of it it anytime soon

i'm buying your reserve for, mhm, say 500$!? i think u're making a good cut then.. :P
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I never mentioned anything about canopies....
this thread is titled "container" and my comments relate to that only.....
I don't take advantage of those or any people,,,
My last rig ( container ) i gave away to someone who was in need,,,I believe in paying it forward and don't see the need to squezze out every dime and stick it in my ass....
I am fortunate to be able to afford new gear so i never have to go the used route.
If you are bored ,look thru the classifieds and see for your self,,,makes no sense to pay more than 500.00 for a 10 yr old container,,500 is almost 1/3 of a new rig,,budget a mere 100 bucs a month for a year, and your' there,,,
smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

Anything but a racer, and you'll be fine

Wow, such words of subjective wisdom with nothing to back it. If your profile is correct, you should come back when you have more jumps than my dog before blessing us with such wisdom.

As for Racers, this is my two cents worth. For those that don't know me, I worked at Jump Shack for a couple of years doing sales, rigging and training. I also was the Engineering Manager at RWS (now UPT) and developed that canine special ops training for CPS.

The Pros:

Jump Shack has been in business for over 35 years. The Racer is a very light, simple proven design and the most comfortable rig that I have ever jumped. The reserve pin protection has no peer. The tandem system comes in at about 38lbs. If the rig is so bad according to some, why do people such as John LeBlanc and a couple of moderators jump them? Jump Shack is one of a very few companies that builds complete systems right down to the pins!

The Cons:

The double sided RSL needs to be forever banned and never made again. I was horrified to hear John Sherman blame a jumper for an out of sequence deployment that resulted in a total malfunction. There are too many proven designs that work and are not affected by this out of sequence deployment and as such this design should not exist in production.

Other than required test and training jumps, I never stopped jumping my Racer even when I was the Engineering Manager designing other systems. As I told one owner of a company when asked why I still jumped my Racer, “I will keep jumping my Racer until someone makes a more comfortable and lighter container”. I still jump a Racer!

>The reserve pin protection has no peer.

Well, the Reflex has a similar system - but I agree it's pretty good. Reflexes often get a bad rap. Although there are some annoying aspects to them (you need a two-cutter cypres, riggers are often unfamiliar with them, that two sided RSL) they are good rigs once you understand their differences. And no manufacturer in my experience does a better job fitting unusually shaped people, although it sometimes takes two or three tries.

>The reserve pin protection has no peer.

Well, the Reflex has a similar system - but I agree it's pretty good. ReflexesRacers often get a bad rap. Although there are some annoying aspects to them (you need a two-cutter cypres, riggers are often unfamiliar with them, that two sided RSL) they are good rigs once you understand their differences. And no manufacturer in my experience does a better job fitting unusually shaped people, although it sometimes takes two or three tries.

I think that's what you meant.

But, having a pop top design may help protect the reserve pin(s), but you end up with an exposed PC top, which can get snagged, speaking from experience. To me, its not an advantage, its simply a design difference that can still suffer similar problems.
Remster

Hi Sangi,

but it sure did look really worn and old..

IMO, not a good way to evaluate a piece of equipment.

Look at the rig Craig O'Brien is wearing on Page 51 of Nov PARACHUTIST.

It is a 'really worn and old' Infinity. Now look at the 'Post Your Infinity Thread,' see the differences?

JerryBaumchen

PS) I look really worn and old but I still got 'some' life left in me.;)