Paige

Cures for Insomnia?!?!?!

The only thing I have on hand but haven't tried yet is Ambien - I've heard that works wonderfully..

my wife takes Ambien when she thinks she will have trouble sleeping. Knocks her ass out!!!! Sometimes she kind of wakes up after a couple of hours - jumps on top of me does her thing then goes back to sleep.B|B|:)
Chris

Thank you to all for the wonderful advice. I'm going to give them all a shot. I haven't slept through the night since my accident and its beinging to piss me off. The only time I feel well is when Im rested. I love the Journal idea (thanks Val) and the sleepy time teas are supposed to work wonders.

Thanks again guys! Hope all is well with you and yours in slumber:)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

My dad swears by Ambien; I find I'm impossibly drowsy the next day (tried it before a very long flight once).

Meditation can help. Alcohol helps you feel sleepy, but as it wears off after you're asleep, your system begins to rev up again, and your sleep is disturbed; in the long run, it's considerably worse than nothing.

Good luck -- bad sleep for an extended period really sucks.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm really thinking about this Ambien thing. I think I'm gonna give it a whirl, I have nothing to wake up for because of the accident so it might be a good time to catch up on some zzzzz's.

Thanks for the advice
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I'm really thinking about this Ambien thing. I think I'm gonna give it a whirl, I have nothing to wake up for because of the accident so it might be a good time to catch up on some zzzzz's.

Thanks for the advice

As bizarre and couterintuitive as it may sound, try a tablespoon of sugar. Alot of time, your blood sugar level can get screwed up and cause aggravation that will keep you awake. ESPECIALLY after you have been drinking. It works for me.

Again, bizarre, but true.
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET

Thanks for the advice

As bizarre and couterintuitive as it may sound, try a tablespoon of sugar. Alot of time, your blood sugar level can get screwed up and cause aggravation that will keep you awake. ESPECIALLY after you have been drinking. It works for me.

Again, bizarre, but true.

Wow, thanks, I'll give it a whirl:)
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Two shots of NyQuil knock me the fuck out!! but god does that shit taste horrible!!!

No worse than Jeager ;)
<>

this is true. but atleast Nyquil doesn't make me puke [:/]
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I've been having fits of insomia latetely , any suggestions on how to beat this stuff?!?!

Yeah. Sleep. >:(:P

Ok, seriously, I usually have a couple of drinks and that does the trick. If I still can't sleep I'll put a DVD in that I've seen a lot and put on the director's commentary. I for one really enjoy those things, but usually their quiet and just spoken word so it helps me sleep. For awhile I'd take about a week to get through a movie, picking up where I think I had left off the night before. I learned interesting trivia about some movies and it helped me sleep.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Two shots of NyQuil knock me the fuck out!! but god does that shit taste horrible!!!

No worse than Jeager ;)
<>

But I love the Jager :( Maybe I should have done shots of that instead. I think I'll go for the NyQuil next time instead.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

try one of each:o:S:D:P

Good call! I've found Tylenol PM which is wonderful, if I drank on it I would straight pass out within the first 5 min. That really wouldn't be a bad thing except for my touchy stomach. I do love me some Jager though.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com