flyangel2

Hookitt and Brits17

Alrighty, storytime :)
So no shit there I was...
Riding on the tram across the Royal Gorge canyon to attend the dinner Saturday evening. When all of a sudden, halfway through the ride, Tim exclaims "Brittany I love you!" I was a little startled, the tram had a few folks on it. I smiled and was about to say "well I love you too" when he proceeds to get down on one knee. I just about go into cardiac arrest at this point. He busts out the ring, and asks "will you marry me?" The only words I could muster were "are you serious?!" He said "very." I said, "yes!"

The folks on the tram gave us a congrats, and of course we were all smiles. Did it really happen? Of course, its on video.

Tim later told me the original plan. We were going to do a 3 way jump from the tram. I was the 2nd puller, and upon exit he was going to ask. Unfortunately the winds started smokin and the load was called off. Nonetheless, I am the happiest a woman can possibly be. Again, what an amazing weekend.

The original plan was just as Brittany wrote. I was kinda scared to do it in freefall only because that canyon is one of THE-MOST intimidating landing zones I've seen.

The winds caught up with us. I want us to spend the rest of our lives together so rather then risk having it be only 30 more seconds, we didn't jump.

I will always remember the look on Brittany's face when I kneeled down.

That is just so awesome!! I'm so happy for you two :ph34r:

:D to both ya though!! Pay up in mass quantities!!

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Traveling with a lap top and a digital camera will do that. Why in the world do you think I wanted the perfect picture of you two?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Congrats to both of you...

So do yall want to use my Big Red Infinity for a honeymoon cottage???

>:(

PS there is a couple uh.. good leapable reasons to come visit Seattle.. and you can crash here at the house.. only a few miles from several of them....;)

An engaged BASE couple, FF couple, riggers, swoopers...Their kids aren't going to be able to do anything cool, they'll be too scared as parents to let them climb on top of the roof...:P:P:P

BWAHAHHAA.....it will be just like if hook and I ever reproduce. Guaranteed ground crew!!

Congrats Tim and Brit, sorry we couldn't make it to CC, but it's a little hard to take Derek to a DZ in CO these days.
Fly it like you stole it!

Kelly, we weren't at a DZ, we were at the Bridge. Should have come. It was a great time.

See ya Thursday night?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Alrighty, storytime :)
So no shit there I was...
Riding on the tram across the Royal Gorge canyon to attend the dinner Saturday evening. When all of a sudden, halfway through the ride, Tim exclaims "Brittany I love you!" I was a little startled, the tram had a few folks on it. I smiled and was about to say "well I love you too" when he proceeds to get down on one knee. I just about go into cardiac arrest at this point. He busts out the ring, and asks "will you marry me?" The only words I could muster were "are you serious?!" He said "very." I said, "yes!"

The folks on the tram gave us a congrats, and of course we were all smiles. Did it really happen? Of course, its on video.

Tim later told me the original plan. We were going to do a 3 way jump from the tram. I was the 2nd puller, and upon exit he was going to ask. Unfortunately the winds started smokin and the load was called off. Nonetheless, I am the happiest a woman can possibly be. Again, what an amazing weekend.

Congrats!:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"