FlyingJ

80's themed Halloween costumes

Had an 80's party in grad school - I wore white sheer hose with lacy ankle socks and white high heel (FMPs) shoes, an acid washed denim skirt, two skinny belts criss-crossed (one pink, one white), a bright pink cropped tank, covered with an electric blue cropped mesh shirt, cut out at the neck, topped with BIG BRIGHT PINK plastic hoop earrrings...

It rocked.

So, you could wear that. ;)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

possible costume options for an 80's theme Halloween party.

you could just ask sunshine for her highschool year book... lot so of options in that thing.............(sorry couldn't resst sunny....)

Just a thought...

Get onto your nearest custom balloon supplier - you want about 110 balloons, red colour, with "99" on them in black.

99 of them get pinned to black baggy T and trousers. The rest are spares.

Oh yeah... Helium may not be such a good idea.:S

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Had an 80's party in grad school - I wore white sheer hose with lacy ankle socks and white high heel (FMPs) shoes, an acid washed denim skirt, two skinny belts criss-crossed (one pink, one white), a bright pink cropped tank, covered with an electric blue cropped mesh shirt, cut out at the neck, topped with BIG BRIGHT PINK plastic hoop earrrings...

It rocked.

I'd say you could wear that again and he could wear a big giant beard with a guitar on a swivel!:D And we want pics;)
Remster

Not much help for guys.
But thrift shops should have lots of suits with giant shoulders, nipped waist jackets with big flared bottoms, and tight skirts for the ladies. Wear with the hair severely pulled back for that aggressive don't-fuck-with-me look :)
Some of us were working during the 80's :P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It rocked.

I'd say you could wear that again and he could wear a big giant beard with a guitar on a swivel!:D And we want pics;)

THANK YOU!!! I kept seeing the part of the vid where she walks out of the store, but couldn't remember where it was from!!!

"She's got legs......"
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It rocked.

THANK YOU!!! I kept seeing the part of the vid where she walks out of the store, but couldn't remember where it was from!!!

"She's got legs......"

That's exactly what everyone said that night. B|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Madonna corset thing w/ lots of bracelets and ratty fishnet stockings.

Big hair, fake tats, lots of jewelry, and some makeup for guys to look like the Poison or Twisted Sister types.

Tight Levi 501's, multiple polo shirts with the collars turned up, and hair feathered for the preppie look.

Stretch pants, scrunched stockings, and a torn up tank top type thing for the Flashdance look (big hair again).
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

A powder blue tux and beautiful hair.

That's the costume I wore to 1980.

If you have a big enough group, I'd suggest going as an 80's wedding party. The picture attached is from one of the cleanest-cut, most conservative groom parties of 1986. Somehow I knew, even then, that the "Miami Vice Tuxedo Collection" was going to look silly some day.

B|

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone!!!

I'll be honest that the thought of many of those costumes made me shudder (remember...it was my parents that were looking).

I believe the thought of my dad as Tom Cruise in Risky Business will haunt me for the rest of my life. Thanks Sheenster!!!

I gave them all of the suggestions, and thank goodness I'll be in Thomaston by the time they get dressed!

:D:D:D:D
Killing threads since 2004.

Don't forget the parachute pants!

And the sweatshirts with the wide neck that hangs off one shoulder... and the legwarmers... and the sweatbands around your forehead....

"Let's get physical, physical... I wanna get physical... Let's get into physical... Let me hear your body talk..." :D

http://flotsam.foolong.org/images/physical.jpg