pilotdave

Stow Like a Pro?

http://stowlikeapro.com/Home_Page.html

Any thoughts? Looks unbelievably pointless and overpriced to me. I can't believe that wouldnt double the time it would take me to stow my lines... which doesn't hurt my hands. I mean, I'm not a rigger or packer so I'm not doing tons of packjobs a day. One a day seems like too many to me. But does this look like a good idea to you?

Dave

pay a lot of money to make things over complicated, add another tool in the mix, and not save any time

sounds like the army....im in, sold lol :D

The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

I can see it as a useful tool for someone with arthritis or some other ailment that restricts movement, but can't see it for anything else. I think packing, stowing and closing is great exercise for the fingers and hands.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

I can see it as a useful tool for someone with arthritis or some other ailment that restricts movement, but can't see it for anything else. I think packing, stowing and closing is great exercise for the fingers and hands.

I have problems with my grip and it would actually help me a lot. B|
Always be kinder than you feel.

Quite possibly the absolute dumbest thing I have ever seen in this sport. I will LMAO if I ever see someone using this thing on the mat..Better yet it should be driven into their eye socket. No offense to the 30 seconds that went into coming up with this thing.

I have problems with my grip and it would actually help me a lot

No joke, but if your grip gives you trouble packing, how does that effect your ability to pull handles, risers or toggles?

As far as this 'tool' goes, I think the guy made this thing to solve all of his packing problems, and he's about to find out that nobody else has these problems. Especially not for $90.

http://stowlikeapro.com/Home_Page.html

Any thoughts? Looks unbelievably pointless and overpriced to me. I can't believe that wouldnt double the time it would take me to stow my lines... which doesn't hurt my hands. I mean, I'm not a rigger or packer so I'm not doing tons of packjobs a day. One a day seems like too many to me. But does this look like a good idea to you?

Dave

Umm, maybe if you are paid by the hour, not by the job!

Is it just me, or did "butt plug" come to mind?

I have problems with my grip and it would actually help me a lot

No joke, but if your grip gives you trouble packing, how does that effect your ability to pull handles, risers or toggles?

Good question. It's actually just working with the rubber bands that kills my hands (and nails :P). They're very tight (to me). I'm okay with handles, risers and toggles. I've never had an issue and if I did I would sit my ass out. I don't want to hurt myself or my friends.

But thanks for bringing that up. I do appreciate your concern with those very important areas!! :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

This appears to be a solution in search of a problem.

Its a solution looking for buyers with money.

I'll put it next to the "Softer"

If you really do have an issue with stows, you could try with a packing hook (see http://www.paragear.com/templates/parachutes.asp?group=239&level=2&parent=29) At least its cheaper...

On the other hand, it usually takes many ideas on paper or in prototype before the hit item comes along. Keep trying! :)
JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

I wonder if the "Hand Lettered" logo pull up cord is included in the price.

I already stow like a pro and it sure doesn't cost me the price of 4 jump tickets to do it.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama