AggieDave

It must suck to be in the Navy now

http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=2445393&nav=23iiS7JP

For everyone in the Navy, man I'm sorry about the new uniforms. Tradition has gone to hell and I don't think the Navy realizes that rappers and such wear that "coochy-flage."

My question is if they (the Navy) wanted something new that would "hide stains" why the hell does it have to be in a woodland pattern with stupid colors? Why not black jumpsuits or grey jumpsuits, or a solid color?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Have you seen what the Air Force is going to make us wear?? Same colors as the navy but it is a tiger stripe pattern. I cant wait[:/]

Glad I'm going to be wearing a flight suit....sorry dude...yeah, the new BDU's do look stupid. At least you'll be able to say...back in the day.....:)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Have you seen what the Air Force is going to make us wear?? Same colors as the navy but it is a tiger stripe pattern. I cant wait[:/]

thats not true, anymore. they have decided to go to the sand/grey color again! which is the best change to the change in uniform they could do!

(still got tiger stripes though)
My photos

My Videos

Thats really so they can hide on the ocean and no one can see them.....

:S:S:S

Navy = 'hide and no one can HEAR them'

The uniforms aren't that bad.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I saw that yesterday and thought "WTF is wrong with these people?"

There is nothing more comfortable and practical than the work dungarees they had been wearing for decades. Ok, I'll admit that the dress uniforms leave a bit to be desired and dress whites are just stupid, but the working uniforms were just about perfect.

WTF?

As for colors . . . if you're wearing cammo on a Navy ship, should the color be "haze grey" 'cause, like, it's the ONLY freekin' color on a Navy ship.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

What do you mean it sucks to be in the navy now. It sucked to be in that canoe club 20 years ago:P:P -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

There is nothing more comfortable and practical than the work dungarees they had been wearing for decades

Exactly and the tradition in the Navy with the dungarees is pretty cool, it gives your average sailor a connection with the past. In all the old pictures and movies he'll see hard working men in the same uniform as his, working hard to defeat (insert enemy here) and it instills pride.

Now they kinda look like a small town SWAT team wanna be.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I think it's gay too. According to the navy surveys, the reason for the camoflage was to satisfy the "me too" desire of the sailors. Some actually look at the southeast asia pattern associated the Army with desire. During MIO ops in the persian gulf, we ship boarders found the high snagability of BDU's on a Naval Warship quite annoying and dangerous sometimes. I hope the Navy lets us keep our coveralls during underway periods.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

DOH! Are they going hunting or to sea? WTF?

My husband is a Chief and I LOVE his khakis. He worked hard to earn the right to wear those and his big shiny dirty anchors, now he has to do the "wanna be Army" BDU shite?

Dammit, now I really have to learn what those rank insignia's are - so much easier to tell, Blue = enlisted; khaki = chiefs or officers.

Is a chicken omelette redundant?

Actually, most of the rest of the military laugh at the outright caste system that exists on ships. It fascinates me that people simply stop working with their hands at grade E7 in the "regular" Navy. When we would stop off in Rosie for SUBOPS I made it my personal duty to piss off as many people as I could in the Chiefs Club. I made E7 when I was 26 years old and those fuckers just could not believe someone who looked as young as I did had any business in "their" club. Oh, and the segregated messhalls were pure comedy as well.

FWIW, I can't stand that bell-bottom crap that the junior enlisted troops are required to wear. I simply don't get it. As to the new cammo, I don't really understand the logic over the pattern, but do agree that putting everyone in the same, modern uniform will do wonders for morale.

Chuck

The navy's way of selecting prospective sailors for chief is pretty much why many (including junior sailors) think of them as prima-donnas. E-1 thru E-6 promotions require time at present rank plus technical knowledge plus evaluation marks. For E-7, those three are just to qualify for a selection board where a board of Chiefs check out your military records and decide your future. The navy's philosophy is the chief is a position between the enlisted and officers and whose purpose is the welfare and treatment of the junior sailors. Also as advisors of their particular/former job(the E-6 LPO runs the shop). The Chiefs' Mess is a real entity recognized by the Department of the Navy and morale of a ship is greatly determined by the management and effectiveness of such said Mess. A troubled sailor will see them before they see The Man.

But, it does make some of them prima-donnas and I think that a lot of them don't stop to think that things are done differently elsewhere.:P

And, I hate those bell bottoms two>:(

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Glad I'm not in the Air Force anymore. Now that every service wants it's own uniform I would have been required to keep both an "Army" set and an "Air Force" set. How stupid. I like some of the stuff on the new Army uniform though. Like putting the pockets up on the shoulder. Special Ops people have been doing that for many years on their "field" uniforms.

Exactly and the tradition in the Navy with the dungarees is pretty cool, it gives your average sailor a connection with the past. In all the old pictures and movies he'll see hard working men in the same uniform as his, working hard to defeat (insert enemy here) and it instills pride.

Now they kinda look like a small town SWAT team wanna be.

Shit, the Dungaree's went away awhile ago, we now have UTILITIES... These uniforms which replaced the dungaree's a few years ago SUCK SUCK SUCK.. I thought the dungarees were comfy as hell, and they stood up to all the rough wear they got.. These new uniforms SUCK to work on if you turn wrenches at all, and they just look retarded. How many working uniforms they gonna go through in my enlistment of 9 years? seriously.. Two changes, when they had the same uniform for how many years prior to this stupid crap?
[/vent]

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

So, it'll be looking like you're strutting around in your pajamas? :ph34r:

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Who cares what the Navy is wearing?

Then still share beds, wash in a cupfull of water once a week, smell funny and talk in some strange language (wtf is heads?):P

Lee (Brit Soldier)

PS.This may just be our Navy.;)
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

Who cares what the Navy is wearing?

Then still share beds, wash in a cupfull of water once a week, smell funny and talk in some strange language (wtf is heads?):P

Lee (Brit Soldier)

PS.This may just be our Navy.;)

yea, that's us [:/]

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.