skymama

Need some prayers please

That is really good news. He will still be in my prayers until he is totally recovered and back to his normal little boy ways!!:)
J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

i've been watching since you posted-- SO glad they moved the date up & SOOOOOOO glad things went well. i knew they would. has the dr. mentioned vnstherapy? keep us posted... i bet he is going to be one tough kid!:)Heidi

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Andrea,

So glad to hear the update. We hope that all continues well for Ryan and he that he has episodes of the typical "Terrible Twos" -- that way you'll know he's fine.;)

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

They are finally letting Ryan wake up now (Wednesday afternoon). They are concerned about a blood clot they are still seeing on the MRI, but they don't know if it is a new clot or some blood leftover from the operation so the MRI is having to be reread. At least the docs are letting Ryan wake up though, that's encouraging.

I found out that they didn't operate on the other lesions because they are too embedded in his brain for this type of surgery. If they hemorrhage, the doctors will have to use radiation on them. Hopefully, that won't have to happen.

Thanks so much for your continued support and well wishes. It means a lot to my entire family. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The doctors had to sedate Ryan again yesterday and he is still sedated today. His head has swelled an extra 1/3 of it's size but the real worry is that his temperature is at 104.8. They expected a small fever, but not this much. :(
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

andrea,
in gods world, all things are as they should be. give this boy time to heal and continue to pray. the warmth in this community must count for something. thank god for the positive advances and pray for continued healing. my prayers and thoughts throughout this tremendous hardship.
terry
Break Like The Wind!!

I visited Ryan yesterday. It was looking bad. His fever was down, but fluid was filling up in the tube that goes down his throat. The doctors told my brother there was a possibility of pneumonia.

They still wouldn't let him wake-up. Even though he was sedated twice as much as other kids his size usually are, he was still trying to cry and would try to move his arms and legs! His arms are tied down so the tubes won't come out, which is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. His head is very swollen as are his eyes. You can barely see his eyelashes. The scar looks huge and goes in a half-circle from the middle of his forehead back to his ear. I left the hospital very depressed. :(

But, good news this morning! The antibiotics are helping with the chest fluid, so they are taking the tube out of his throat. They said they might as well because he keeps trying to push it out with his tongue, even while being sedated! Stubborn little guy! They are also going to let him wake up today and the best news is that his parents can finally hold him now! :)