AggieDave

Help, need advice quick!

I was in the kitchen cutting up some vegetables and I cut off my left pinky finger...I'm bleeding and it hurts.

Has anyone else done this before? What was your experience? I'm going to get to the doctor later, but wanted advice now.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yeah, Mary is gonna kick my ass...:P

Are you kidding me? I'm loving you more and more. Maybe now some people will get the idea as to how stupid some post are.

Loving you more and more:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I was in the kitchen cutting up some vegetables and I cut off my left pinky finger...I'm bleeding and it hurts.

Has anyone else done this before? What was your experience? I'm going to get to the doctor later, but wanted advice now.

You will want to use the other hand for the shocker now.

You'll find that you're all asymmetric now and may have trouble walking in a straight line, standing up straight etc. This is a very dangerous condition that if allowed to persist for long could be fatal. The only solution is to cut the right pinky off to match the left. Cauterize the stubbs on the hotplate to staunch the bleeding and you'll be fine. No need to get the doc he'd only charge you for the same info. :)

Wait a second, are you telling us you cut your whole pinky finger off?:S And you're not going to the ER?:S:S If it's true, you're an infection waiting to happen.B|

When I was in 11th grade, I cut the end of my thumb off right down to the bone on a paper cutter in photography class. I had to have a skin graft. They took the skin from my ass. So now I say to people that if they want to see my ass, all they have to do is look at my thumb.:P

Actually I think that's a pretty cool story.

I did something like that opening a bottle of Corona 2 years ago. I didn't have a bottle opener so I was using the back of my knife (a folder and it was closed), which is a trick I'd used probably a hundred times before. Well I pop the top off, go to take a drink and the rim feels like cut glass, I look at it and it is, I look at my right hand and blood is pouring VERY quickly out of my middle finger. The rim of the bottle had broken and sliced through the tip of myfinger. Well it took about 30 minutes and a couple more beers to get the bleeding to stop and to this day the tip of that finger is still kinda flat. I had taken it nearly to the bone and taken just about the entire tip off my finger. I guess I should have gone to the ER but I thought "gee, there's really no way to get any stitches because there's nothing to sew together, so fuck it hand me another beer..."

Oh, this was all out at the DZ at the end of the day.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

"Well I pop the top off, go to take a drink and the rim feels like cut glass"

Spydercos, man they are lethal.
Get yourself a nice Swiss Army knife.;)

"gee, there's really no way to get any stitches because there's nothing to sew together, so fuck it hand me another beer..."
and that roll of duct tape.:)B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson