ccowden

Any chess players?

What is your opening game of choice? I have been trying to expand my repertoire of openings and it is getting frustrating learning them in depth. I usually start with a Ruy Lopez type game that strays from the main line pretty quickly.

That's my downfall. I get bored and try to force things.

I usually move a pawn. Then a horsie...then another pawn...then a horsie again.

I continue the pattern for a good 45 seconds, then reset the board to get beaten like a red-headed stepchild again...

:-)

-S

Queen side usually gambits, i prefer a wide open positional game vs the close domino tension types offered by the Ruy Lopez... lately its been the Torre attack... but i havent been able to get it to work very well...

I've got around 10,000 1 0 games on chess.net Usually play black and when faced with the Reversed Grob follow with the Lengfellner pawns out, then bishop. Oh yeah, my handle on there is....
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I love chess, if anyone is interested we can play online free in MSN games you will have to create a user ID and then enetr the rooms where you can access the profile of a player how many wins etc so you play your level, and to answer your question in spanish the move I like the most is "Pastor" when ever I have more time I'll give you the sequence.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

"Pastor"

I'm not familiar with this opening. Nor, can I find it on most of the sites I visit. Please ping me also when you get the sequence?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.