CornishChris

Calculate your BMI

you're sitting pretty at 21.9--- isn't that right in the middle? blah... doesn't matter. i think it's bs too! i know i'm not under.. but whatever [:/]
fast metabolism + college budget = semi normal bmi:P

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

I may be sitting pretty - but feel that many with less than perfectly proportioned bodies - or any athletes - are probably overweight. There is more to the measurement of the human airframe than simply height and weight. What about wingspan and fuselage cross section?

My GF's BMI is 17.5 - and she has muscles. Where would she be without them?

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Wee, don't feel bad for being small. "Underweight" is < 18.5 "Normal" is 18.5-24.9 Geez...my own BMI barely squeaked by at normal at 18.6 (I am 33 yrs. old, 5'0" 95 lbs...my "heaviest" so far!)

When I was in my teens and in my twenties, I weighed maybe 87-90 lbs. at most, so my BMI was easily between 17 and 17.6, which is claimed to be "underweight" on this chart. Yet, that weight was perfect for me at the time as I am small-boned, and my metabolism is fast. (Yes, I eat like a horse.)

You are also probably the same way, Wee. When you are a little older, you will probably gain just a little, so don't worry about being small or about what this silly BMI chart says about you. It's how you feel inside that counts, right? ;)

BMI is bullshit. Even when I was down to around 10% body fat my BMI had me listed as obese.

Agreed. I've been as low as 8% body fat with 19 inch arms and it showed me as 27.5. I think it's just some wayward actuary insurance math.

Pretty much... It's just a guideline like the old hieght and weight carts were. It does not take into account body composition.

i come out as obese (27.2), to be 'normal' i'd have to get down to about 160. 6' tall and 160 lbs? that's kinda skinny i would think. i know that 195 is a bit heavy, i'd like to be in the 180-185 range, but no way 160.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmi-m.htm

18-24.9 = Normal
25-29.9 = Overweight
30+ = Obese

It can be used in either metric or imperial. Thought it may be interesting to see what we all are. I came out at 22.6.

I love these stupid things, it ofcourse says that I am obese at 30.4. Me with the size 29 jeans, the smallest that they make, whatever.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

I'm a lil confused....

those who are "normal" in reality are getting BMI scores which put them in overweight/obese ranges and others who's BMI score is "normal" actually consider themselves overweight...totally bass ackwards system IMO:S

Gap makes 28"

yeah but those aren't cut like the levis 560's with the extra large quad/thigh area. If I wear 550's (the relaxed fit) I can go down to 30's on a light day. With the 501's,505's (or whatever the regular fit ones are called) I can't go smaller than 33's.

I'm a lil confused....

those who are "normal" in reality are getting BMI scores which put them in overweight/obese ranges and others who's BMI score is "normal" actually consider themselves overweight...totally bass ackwards system IMO:S

Actually normal really just means like most. Unfortunately most people are pathetic. If I could take a regular cut pair of Levis and have it fit my waist properly without being extremely tight on the quad area, then I wouldn't leave the squat machine alone until that changed.