Deuce

DZ.Weight Watchers

Yeah, love that movie... he had the best role in it.

A thought on dieting:

The "yo-yo phenomenon" isn't due to dieting, but to going off and on diets. I'm sure everyone knows the cycle - you gain weight, go on a diet, lose the weight and go right back to your old way of eating. Guess what happens then?

The more successful diets stress that fact, and try to get you to see the new, healthier way of eating as a lifestyle change. Please notice the bolding - to be successful in the long term, you have to change your eating habits FOR LIFE

I challenge everyone to do the following:
Eat healthier - no junk food, cut out the sugar, and PORTION CONTROL!!!
Take a GOOD multivitamin, every day
Exercise, even if it's just walking around the block.
Drink plenty of water (at least 64oz/day) (Yes, you'll pee like a racehorse at first, but you'll get used to it)

I look forward to watching DZ.com kick Dr. Phil's Weight Loss Challenge square in the butt!!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Because I know girl code, I know that it usually means that she feels out of shape or feels bloated.

I feel kind of bloated. About 22lbs bloated. Are us guys allowed to use that line?:ph34r:;)

Let's face it, we're all hot under the extra pounds.B|

Chris

Because I know girl code, I know that it usually means that she feels out of shape or feels bloated.

I feel kind of bloated. About 22lbs bloated. Are us guys allowed to use that line?:ph34r:;)

Chris

Don't worry, BillV told me your pants don't make your ass look fat. Your ass makes your ass look fat. :D

Chris

Don't worry, BillV told me your pants don't make your ass look fat. Your ass makes your ass look fat. :D

I always liked the line "the fact that you reflect light makes you look fat"

MonoUno? You're a dick. We gotta get somewhere in the air at the same time so I can take another avatar picture of you. One that is more Mansonish.

OK, I'll bite! (Pun intended)

This could be just what I need to get motivated again.

Highest ever: 235
Highest since starting skydiving: 220
Lowest since being 235: 170 (last year)
Current: 185 (Very naughty Christmas!)
Goal: 160

Don't know BMI. I'll see if I can get it tomorrow at the gym.

How often are we going to post results? Any particular day? This might be kind of fun!

Call me a dick,

Ooh, permission from a greenie for a personal attack! Ok, you're a dick!:ph34r::D

Chris

Nice, speedy response, Chris!:)

I was gunna - I really was - but then all you would have to do is pull out my log book and show me the "You owe me like in prison" entry and i would have felt really bad.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hey, you guys should all look into those hardcore, "boot camp" fitness prgrams. There are 3 in Atlanta, so there must be one in most major cities. They'll make you cry for certain, but they work. Just don't get a cold 3 weeks into it (and lose your motivation), and you'll be golden. ;)

My friend and I are looking into one that starts 3/1, and I'll need to get into better shape before going, but that's just an extra incentive to be good. B|

I think weight watchers works cause you go to the meeting every week, weigh yourself and talk about success strategies for keeping it off.

Doesn't necessarily have to be WW, but anything that gives you some accountability and a forum for talking about things that work and don't work. There's no secret plan that's going to work for everyone - the "secret" is finding what works for you, personally, given your lifestyle, goals, relationship with food, ability to exercise, etc.

And heck, I'll join in here - I can always use more accountability. Between February 2003 and summer 2004 I lost 125 lbs by being very disciplined on my food plan and with exercise; since then I've kind of bounced around up and down about 5 lbs in either direction from that low because I've gotten lazy and complacent and "okay" with my weight loss even though I'm not at my ultimate goal. The good news is that I've maintained my weight loss for several months (which is not my normal pattern) but the bad news is I've lost sight of my ultimate goal and what it's going to take to get there.

As much as I hate New Years Resolutions I'm making one this year to get back on track and refocused. Obviously, I know what I need to do to successfully lose weight, I just need to reapply all of that consistently.

Stats for me
Goal weight loss: 176 lbs
Actual weight loss: so far 125 lbs.

I may reevaluate the number when I get there, but my goal is to be fit and healthy and comfortable with my body most days. I think clothing sizes or body fat percentages can be a great way to measure progress - it gets us over the idea that weight alone is the best measure - we can lose weight and be less healthy or we can gain weight (or stay the same) and get more healthy by toning and building muscle.

Being thin is a less annoying lifestyle.

I totally agree. I'm not as thin as I'd like to be, but being thinner has opened up so many doors.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The jumpsuit in my avatar still fits, so i'm ok. However, as i posted in the women's forum, i started working out about 5-6 weeks ago. I feel much better, but don't think i've lost much weight yet. I know if i stick with it, it will pay off. Val, Rosa, eeneR, and some others have been VERY supportive of me and i thank you all so much.

And deucey, i was thinking about skipping the workout today, but after this thread i'm putting on my workout clothes and heading out. Thank you so much. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I wanna play too!

current: can't zip freefly suit (not even close)

goal: fit comfortably into ff suit by summer

This will require about 10-15 lbs.

The "I just had a baby" excuse isn't working anymore since my baby is now a toddler and will be a year old next week.

I'm going back on the weight watchers plan. It worked well for me in the past. I lost 20 lbs back in '98. I kept if off through eating healthy and running until a knee injury forced me to stop running. I gained about 10 lbs after that. Then after having my daughter I kept on an extra 5 lbs. So that puts me at 15 to lose.

Just started doing yoga again so that should help too. Still haven't found an exercise to replace running that I enjoy as much.

Congrats to all of you on your success so far!!

My numbers are 235 / 208 / 185 / 27

I've been working on it for about a year. Most of my weight loss happened near the beginning and I've been stuck on a plateau for a while, but I'm ready to start making progress again. I gained about 10 lbs. at thanksgiving, but I'm happy to report that I've lost that by now. I'm doing freeweights, jogging / treadmill, and watching my diet. I used the South Beach diet with good results to get started. These days I mostly focus on portion control.

"Be braver -- you can't cross a chasm in two small jumps."

Ugh! I did WW too, and lost about 65 pounds on it. I bought my canopy when I was down there, and loaded it at 1:1. I had plateaued for a long time (needed to lose about another 55 to reach goal), and had no intention of gaining, so I felt safe buying that size. Well, the best intentions and all that. Over the last 14 months I've put back on 40 pounds. I just feel gross now. I was going to get back current on New Year's Day, it was so gorgeous out (and I was going to rent a larger canopy), but I couldn't fit in my jumpsuit, so I figured even if I got current, I wouldn't go jump very often until I lose some of this weight back. So, Saturday morning I'm joining back to WW. So yeah, I'll play too...it'll be good to have some more accountability:

95/0

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!