dtthorne

10 Things skydivers hate the most?

Granted, every skydivers hates weather calls but what really bothers me is that we have an ever growing number of people either killing or maiming themselves under perfectly good canopies despite all the technology and information available to them.

I hate loosing friends:([:/]
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

In skydiving, I hate bullshit attitudes and skygods.

Actually, I hate that both in skydiving and out of skydiving. When the ego takes over, bad things are bound to happen...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

students trying to freefly before they can do a succesful 2 way

ahhh, that's why I'm waitin till at least 100 jumps before I attempt to freefly. Hopefully by 100 I'll have my belly skills down.

I hate it when I don't have enough $ for the only sport I love....some day though. :)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Other stuff:
1. People driving and talking on cell phones.
2. Every kid with a honda/misc. compact car driving down the road with an exhaust pipe bigger than a 5 gallon bucket, a spoiler that looks like it was designed for a top fuel dragster, while talking on a cell phone and watching a movie on a 14inch LCD screen mounted to the dash and driving down the road at 100mph in afternoon traffic.

Skydiving:
1. Driving 96.2 miles to the DZ on a beautiful Saturday morning, getting geared up, then the winds pick up just enough to keep me on the ground (still on student status).
2. Winter
3. Rain
4. Making a few jumps on Sunday, then having to go back to my desk on monday morning (my office has no windows!)

1) Dead friends
2) Lack of respect for the beer rules
3) Weather holds (if you don't have a W.H.A.K.(tm) that is)
4) 100 jump wonders
5) 500 tandem wonders
6) Nice people who turn into assholes when they become a DZO
7) Good instructors suffering from burnout to the point of hating and/or quitting the sport
8) Poorly maintained aircraft
9) Pink and purple shit
10) Lack of respect for the unheralded pioneers of the sport

i think you missed out 1000 jump wonders or is that different from 100 jump wonders because they have not been in the sport longer enough?

I hate it when people with 1000 jumps thinks they are better than others.
It took you 14 years to get that 1000 jumps, that is under 10 a year, i did my first 100 jumps in 4 months.
I think 100 jump wonders are great people, it means they have managed to stay alive for a 100 jumps and are keen to keep going. respect in skydiving is due to all people who skydive not just the ones that have been doing it longer.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

i think you missed out 1000 jump wonders

I was gonna put that but I was limited to 10 things.

It took you 14 years to get that 1000 jumps, that is under 10 a year, i did my first 100 jumps in 4 months.

Ummm... by my math I've averaged 73.21 jumps per year, while raising a kid by myself, taking a year plus off because of back surgery and working in the skydiving industry for over 8 years (which, in case you didn't know, pays about as well as many fast food jobs do).

I'm real happy you could afford to do your first 100 jumps in 4 months. I envy you the fact that you can afford to jump that much. Unfortunately, I chose to give back to the sport by making it my career.

Skydiving related knowledge and skills are not always obtained by the basic ability to exit an aircraft in flight repeatedly.

Skydiving related knowledge and skills are not always obtained by the basic ability to exit an aircraft in flight repeatedly.

Amen to that, sister! ;)

I would have to say that the one thing I hate most are friends and family members who make no effort to understand the sport of skydiving or the skydiving lifestyle--those people who immediately dismiss it as crazy or a fad or a waste of time.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

sorry, there, my maths is not very good huh?:D

i could not afford to do that many jumps, i actually still have not paid for those jumps...in new zealand you can do this thing called a diploma in commercial skydiving,,, just a good excuse to get the government to give you a student loan for 170 jumps...not bad really.

100 jump wonder, i think everyone is a 100 jump wonder, but i also do not like the ones that think they know everything at 100 jumps, but it is just a stage you go through.

I am sorry, to say you only did 10 a year as i a said my maths brain was not switched on....i do not like though, not saying you are but i hated when i was a student and the people with 1000 jumps would not include you after hours on the dz.
anyway peace,

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Two things are important in skydiving. I hate it when people forget them.

1. Skydiving is supposed to be fun.
2. Different people have different definitions of fun. We have to respect that their definition works for them. It is not wrong because it is different.

When people forget that it is fun, they lose the spirit of skydiving and they lose the smile. The smile communicates that underlying bond.