vt1977

BPA AGM 2005

I'm up for that, since I managed not to meet ANY .commers last year! Mind you, I did only last until about 10.30 - I had been suffering from flu the week before though....:$

Tell me where and when - I'll put a white carnation in my lapel!

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

yeah it looks like theres going to be a lot of :D timers there, they'd better make themselves known to us and make sure they buy a round in :)

the regulars know each other well enough, even when drunk. I think we recognise the :D timers easily enough - they are the one's looking for the loos, the seminar rooms etc....

This time next week I'll be eating more nurofen than is allowed to be sold in one go. Need to make sure I buy some each day this week so I have enough for the hangover [:/]

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

As a relative newbie to the forum it'd be great to put a few faces to names

I'm driving (bringing a car load) over so Ill be the quiet sober one who you might spot getting sized for kit at some point as Im fed up of the British weather and am off to do AFF at the Dubai boogie

So are are we going to have a DZ Com meet and greet?

As Tash said, I think most of the usual suspects already know one another but it would be nice to put names to faces for anyone I don't already know!

Is there a dresscode for the dance?

AFAIK - no. The dinner itself is black tie and anyone who's been at that will probably still be dressed up. Feel free to dress up a little if you can be arsed, but don't worry too much - no-one will remember what you were wearing anyway! :D

Vicki

Picked up this thread a little late by the looks of things, I will be swimming and sauna' ing it too!! Yaaaaay, I won't have a white carnation, but will either be wearing high heels with a look of utter pain and uncomfortableness on my face or I will have flip flops on and will look happy!!

So as this is my first AGM, I don't know the geography of the hotel, so where are we going to meet?

Did someone say at 10am for a beer??

Do they serve beer at that time??

:S
www.sneale-create.com

I turned up at half nine last year and there were already a loads of skydivers in an advanced state of mashed-ness lying in the main corridor! :D:D:D

that could have still been from the friday night though!

Go right from the reception and take a first left I think. Welcome to the bar! ;)

So as this is my first AGM, I don't know the geography of the hotel, so where are we going to meet?

Main foyer - bit statue thingy of Neptune or the like.
Left = breakfast and brasserie
Right = everything else.
Straight ahead reception.

Turn right: stupid twee fake street thingy for American tourists. Snooty Fox "pub" on left made to look like stupid twee fake Olde Worlde pub for aforementioned yanks. Serves alcohol all day at high prices.

Left hand bend – and on left another entrance to snooty fox + small “corner shop” style thing that’s shut almost any time you actually want anything.

Further on:
Large room on right = main hall – where AGM proper takes place and where dinner/dance takes place in evening. Set out with rows of chairs during the day and tables at night. Live band at far end, bar on right after going through doors.
Large room on left = gear/manufacturer expose type thing with loads of stalls by most major and minor manufacturers who can be found round this part of the world… + a few odd ones from people who you can’t really understand why they bother coming to a skydiving event. Two years ago also hosted a ‘free’ breakfast. Closed at night.

Rooms are upstairs; toilets are down corridors running along the sides of both the two large rooms listed above. Seminars are held upstairs in conference rooms mostly too small for the audience. Many people bring beer… although I think you’re not supposed to.

Let's all meet in the bar then!!! (very dangerous comment I am sure, but I have a spare liver with me so I'm sure I can handle it.) they do serve orange juice at the bar too don't they? (not sure I can handle boozing at 10am, unless it is just carrying on from the night before).
www.sneale-create.com

On a practical note, imagine a room about 10m x 20m filled with furniture and odd wooden beams (for yankie tourists) with a single bar at the far end.

Now imagine another room no more than 6ft away from the first room. This room has arround 300 skydivers in it... they're all alowed to leave at the same time.

The first room is the only place that serves alcohol. Sod it, bar sounds good to me... :D

On a practical note, imagine a room about 10m x 20m filled with furniture and odd wooden beams (for yankie tourists) with a single bar at the far end.

Now imagine another room no more than 6ft away from the first room. This room has arround 300 skydivers in it... they're all alowed to leave at the same time.

The first room is the only place that officially serves alcohol.

Answers on a post card about how busy that first room becomes.

altered... :ph34r:

You'll find lotsa rooms that 'may' act as mini bars though... >:(

You'll find lotsa rooms that 'may' act as mini bars though... >:(

Yeah, good point. For all you :D timers... please be warned that the bar at the hotel is VERY expensive! I wouldn't want to suggest doing anything silly like bringing your own booze or anything like that, but feel you should be warned that the prices are steep!!! ;)

Vicki

Did you take a video camera last year???

yeah - got a great shot of swify and al at about 2am arguing over how one of the tables got broken. It was drunkenly explaned to the camera that one of them laid their cock out onto the table which then broke under the weight alone... he went to great lengths to explain that that he didn't drop it onto the table or anything, but that it was just the weight alone which caused the table to break. :D