AggieDave

VW pics!

Finally, my dad e-mailed the pics of my bug that I took with his digital camera.

For some reason the ones he sent me are really low quality, so you can't see the detail, like the billet quaterpanel vent covers I have and stuff like that...

Oh, for those triva type folks, this is at my house in Sherman (well...the house where I grew up/my folk's house). And that's a 1973 SuperBeetle (1302), with a 1998 Chevy 5.7L K1500 Z71...:P:P:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

No I won't, not with the engine I'm going to build. B|B|

Anyways, it probably won't be on the road by then.

I rebuilt the engine 7 years ago, but I used the same case that it had, I had it line bored and double thrust cutted, which was a mistake (now I know), but the case is trashed and it took most of the long block with it, so I have to buy all the parts to build a new long block. That's going to take a while, since I don't ahve $1500 laying around...

Ahh bugs are fun. I had a 71 Superbeetle (rust bucket) because I mainly worried about it working, not looking good. I didn't go too big but got a 1641 longblock from the junkyard for $75 (they said it was frozen solid) all that happend was the rings rusted to the cylinders. so I cleaned it up and just transplanted everything else off the top carb, intake, Fan, oil cooler, generator. etc. So If you need a case, check out the junkyard, You might get lucky.

Naw, I'm going to build a 2110cc stroker with dual IDF 44s...sooo noice

turbo? please say yes:)
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Y'know, I think it'd look cute with a couple of flower stickers on the doors :)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Nice!!!

What are your plans? Is she all ready to go?

My boyfriend has a '66 bug. It's all original looking except for the blue paint and the huge porsche rims...

It's so fun driving around watching adults and kids punching each other on the arm!

It's so fun driving a car that makes people SMILE :D when they see it! Go spread some joy! :P

Andrea

I've been hard core VW (aircooled) since I was 15.

I'm actually planning on lowering the stance about 2" on my S.Beetle, actually.

Right now the plan for my '73 is to rebuild the engine, I pulled the engine yesterday, but was *cough* "side tracked" before I could start tearing it apart. Once I tear it apart I can figure out what parts are still good from the long block and start getting my list together for the rebuild. I'm looking to build something around 2110cc's.

Beyond that, just some other random work will be done, suck as a roll cage, racing seats, I'm going to fab some sheet metal stuff for inside the car, relocate the battery, lower the car, stuff like that. Those wheels will have to stay for a while, although eventually I want some Porsche 17" allows from a '98-ish Boxter.

Some time I need to tell you the story of a road trip I took a few years ago in my Bug.

It includes a guy in a Porsche that got PISSED b/c I blew by him doing 85mph on the highway...it was actually very very funny.

Oh, for those triva type folks, this is at my house in Sherman (well...the house where I grew up/my folk's house). And that's a 1973 SuperBeetle (1302)....:P:P:P

are you sure it's a 1302 ?? In my books the 1302 has a flat front window, The 1303 has the curved window.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM