sid

What was the banana for??????

I just left the 7-11 (where I got my Black Forest Ham, deli sandwich mmmm) and the guy ahead of me at the cashier had a huge hotdog with everything on it, a pile'o'nachos dripping in hot cheese sauce and a 64 oz Dr. Pepper. Just after the cashier made his change, he leans over and grabs a banana.

A healthy dessert you think????????
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

See, now the banana doesn't make sense, but I totally understand the diet drink at a fast food joint. I HATE fast food, but the few times a year I eat it, I definitely get a diet drink. If you are gonna throw like 1,500 calories of garbage down your throat, atleast get the diet drink and eliminate the extra 400 or so in THAT.

See, now the banana doesn't make sense, but I totally understand the diet drink at a fast food joint. I HATE fast food, but the few times a year I eat it, I definitely get a diet drink. If you are gonna throw like 1,500 calories of garbage down your throat, atleast get the diet drink and eliminate the extra 400 or so in THAT.

When I worked for my buddy Dene, the nearest lunch spot was a Subway, and it was just after that Jared dude was schilling for them as a weight loss lunch. I'd see these mountainous people lining up to get their 6" lean turkey sub on whole wheat bread, with a huge bag of chips and a 48 oz soda (guess you gotta wash it down with something eh)
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I do the diet soda thing.

For me, it's not about the calories. If I'm having a big mac and a large fries, it's CLEARLY not about the calories.

Once I made the switch to diet drinks, I can't go back. I simply dislike the over sugared taste of sweetened soda. It just tastes bad.

Make fun of me if you like, but when at a fast food restaurant (which is rare), I will eat whatever tastes good. For me, that means a diet soda.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Geez- I sooo hate to agree with AndyMan about anything, but he's 100% right about the diet soda! Once you have made that switch, you CANNOT go back. (and I made that switch more then 20 years ago, when there was Tab and everyone used saccarine still- Gawd I'm old!!) Regular Coke and Pepsi make me gag and I feel like they coat my whole mouth with sugar.

Same here . . . and my friend Mike is a diabetic, so he does the same thing. Granted, he shouldn't be eating that way either, but when he does, he absolutley cannot have the sugar in a regular soda.

Tolerance and accepting that people don't have to do things exactly how you want them to can be good things. :)

Geez- I sooo hate to agree with AndyMan about anything

Huh? Gosh, I know AndyMan likes to stir the DZ.com shit pot sometimes, but he’s not THAT disagreeable! ;)

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

See, for me it's different. I hate diet soda, usually drink only water/milk/juice but if I'm already shovelling 1500 calories of crap in one meal into my mouth, an extra couple of hundred can't hurt that much. I'm all about the regular coke in those instances!:)

Actually it Freise Sauce (spelling), not quite mayo but close. Got some kind of additional flavor in it. When I was there working they had a hard time finding ketchup for me and then thought i was crazy putting it on my fries. Oh yeah, diet soda sucks.:P
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

Actually it Freise Sauce (spelling), not quite mayo but close. Got some kind of additional flavor in it. When I was there working they had a hard time finding ketchup for me and then thought i was crazy putting it on my fries. Oh yeah, diet soda sucks.:P

Well perhaps Quentin Tarantino didn't realize that it wasn't quite mayo when he was writing the movie...it still looks like mayo, right?

But you are crazy for putting ketchup on your fries...yuck! :P

Who cares about the calories, diet Coke TASTES good!

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Well perhaps Quentin Tarantino didn't realize that it wasn't quite mayo when he was writing the movie...it still looks like mayo, right?

But you are crazy for putting ketchup on your fries...yuck! :P

I don't think that is it at all. I think Quentin new exactly what it was they put on fries, but that the charcater in his movie would not, and have mistaken it for mayo.

I don't think that is it at all. I think Quentin new exactly what it was they put on fries, but that the charcater in his movie would not, and have mistaken it for mayo.

Perhaps, but that's way too deep of a thought for this discussion.:P