tricky

One partner for life?

> Then there's the issue of men, and their ability to make babies
>pretty much until they die (or can't get it up anymore). Women aren't
>naturally capable of producing offspring after (on average) about age 50.

Except that lifespan used to be 40 years or so. Evolution is done with you once you're past reproductive age, so what happens afterwards isn't 'designed-in.' It's more a byproduct of the other factors that shape evolution.

lol....I thought about that after I wrote it...oh well. But you could've just let it slide and let me have my evolutionary excuse for not being very good at relationships!!! :P
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Could you go through your whole life with only one sexual partner?

I have been through 3 marriages, one of them with an "open marriage" agreement. While many of you feel that this would be the perfect arrangement, "open" usually ends up meaning open for only one of the two in the relationship. Someone usually gets dumped for one of the "open relationships."

If I found someone who could love and want just me, I would never even consider having sex with another man for the rest of my life.

But is there really such a person?
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Instead of doing it like buying a house, how about an apartment lease? You renew it every two years unless the neighborhood gets too shabby or the plumbing is making too much noise.

Ummm....no! Isn't that sort of what an open marriage is all about? You have permanence, but you still shop around.

DON'T DO IT!!!! Run fast and far away if it's ever even brought up. The results are NOT, and I repeat, NOT happy.
Nina

Instead of doing it like buying a house, how about an apartment lease? You renew it every two years unless the neighborhood gets too shabby or the plumbing is making too much noise. ;)

I dunno; I really like this idea. I'm scared to death that someday I'll sign the house contract and then the next year my dream house will be built down the road. [:/]

I'm scared to death that someday I'll sign the house contract and then the next year my dream house will be built down the road

What makes the house your dream house? What it looks like at the beginning, or what you put into it over the years?

Houses or relationships; you start with something that's got good basic structure, and then learn to maximize it. That dream house probably has bad plumbing or siding that deteriorates in a couple of years.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Just claim that we had kids together and PM me their pics every 4 months. Oh, and make some public statements about how I've changed.

Now this idea might work. We don't have to live together or put up with one another. I can be the new "me" and you can be the changed "you."

So where do you want your pics sent? :P

LOL
Nina

Just claim that we had kids together and PM me their pics every 4 months. Oh, and make some public statements about how I've changed.

Now this idea might work. We don't have to live together or put up with one another. I can be the new "me" and you can be the changed "you."

So where do you want your pics sent? :P

LOL

[email protected]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm scared to death that someday I'll sign the house contract and then the next year my dream house will be built down the road

What makes the house your dream house? What it looks like at the beginning, or what you put into it over the years?

Houses or relationships; you start with something that's got good basic structure, and then learn to maximize it. That dream house probably has bad plumbing or siding that deteriorates in a couple of years.

Wendy W.

True, Wendy, those are words of wisdom there. I guess I have to change my outlook on some things.

Go back into your shell, Turtle. I was talking to HappyThoughts.

What, you want me to commit bigamy as well?

But where is the sex? :$

Although phone masturbation is fun, it becomes rather empty and lonely after a while. :ph34r:
Nina

My concern is just the opposite. I know I would have no trouble investing, but after two failed marriages I'm scared the next one, after a few years, will decide he wants the new house down the street. And for me and my children there can not be another bad marriage. :(

While I understand your concerns, that kind of thinking could ruin something that's good. We all have our fears, but if we let them get the best of us, it could turn something beautiful into something ugly. If we're afraid to take the chance, we might miss something that could truly be wonderful.:)
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

While I understand your concerns, that kind of thinking could ruin something that's good. We all have our fears, but if we let them get the best of us, it could turn something beautiful into something ugly. If we're afraid to take the chance, we might miss something that could truly be wonderful.

Oh how true. Fears are a difficult thing.....and having the ability to work thru those fears can bring put us at risk for things that hurt...but on the same note can open doors to things you could never imagine.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto