only_at_120

Amazing Race 3

Yeah, watching the silly show right now. They're in China now, so for some reason I'm guessing that they're gonna jump in Australia.

I'll be so happy when it's over; I've been hooked on this damn show.:P

Oh, what-evah! You love it! You can't even stop talking about it! :D

They didn't jump from Dillingham though, but somewhere on the South shore.

I didn't know there were any skydiving operations on the South Shore. Must have been just for the show.

dgm
--------------------------------------------------
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail

The skydiving part's going to be on in a minute, if anybody wants to watch!
Looks like tandem jumps in Hawaii onto a sandbar!

Yeah to TI's Jim Wallace and Albert Champagne!!! Yee Haw!!!!!! B|B|B| Cool. Very Cool! :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I'd love to be on the show... but I heard that you have to live in the same city as your partner. Anyone know the specifics? More importantly, anybody live in Orange, CA that wants to go on w/ me? None of my local friends would EVER do that! :(

I'd love to be on the show... but I heard that you have to live in the same city as your partner. Anyone know the specifics? More importantly, anybody live in Orange, CA that wants to go on w/ me? None of my local friends would EVER do that! :(

MAN I would LOVE to be on that show:):D:D.

Who won the 3rd series???
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

but I heard that you have to live in the same city as your partner.

I'm not sure about that. The second place team was the long-distance daters.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

They landed all three tandems out in about two feet of water on a submerged sandbar out in the ocean; odd. One guy was jumping a total gutter-gear Strong, one guy an older vector. Two jumped out of a King Air and the last guy jumped out of a DC-3. I hope those guys got paid a lot to trash that gear.

They landed all three tandems out in about two feet of water on a submerged sandbar out in the ocean; odd. One guy was jumping a total gutter-gear Strong, one guy an older vector. Two jumped out of a King Air and the last guy jumped out of a DC-3.

I presumed that they intentionally chose "gutter gear" because of the possibility of submerging it in salt water. Although they all ended up doing beautiful stand-up landings in knee deep water, without dunking their gear.

And I was thinking that since the first two couples got a King Air ride to altitude, that they got an advantage over the DC-3 couple, as the DC-3 would be much slower, putting them further behind in the race. But I wanted that wuss to lose anyway, although it was a shame to take cutie Rebecca down with him.

Well for those of you who want to apply, get on it!!

They're accepting applications for the Amazing Race 8 right now; the difference is that it looks like there's going to be teams of 4 now! They all must be able to travel to the same city for interviews and such.

Look here for info: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race_application/

My ex and I applied a couple of shows ago. We wanted to be the Dating Skydivers but alas, it was not to be!

Well for those of you who want to apply, get on it!!

They're accepting applications for the Amazing Race 8 right now; the difference is that it looks like there's going to be teams of 4 now! They all must be able to travel to the same city for interviews and such.

Look here for info: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race_application/

My ex and I applied a couple of shows ago. We wanted to be the Dating Skydivers but alas, it was not to be!

I would so apply. Who wants to put togehter a special 4-way team?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I would so apply. Who wants to put togehter a special 4-way team?

3 chicks and ccowden. We would sooo kick ass as the hugsluts.

Love it. We'd have a nickname before the show even started. Rock! And I could collect royalties every time CBS used it. Even better!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Probalby better to NOT tell them you do extreme ANYTHING they don't want people who have no troubles doing the chanenges, it makes for boring TV:D:D:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Probalby better to NOT tell them you do extreme ANYTHING they don't want people who have no troubles doing the chanenges, it makes for boring TV:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yeah, exactly what we figured out AFTER we applied!:S Hey, we had never even seen the show, somebody just suggested applying.

I wanna be part of the Hugslut (tm) team! Looks like we got ourselves a team. But what are we going to talk about if we shouldn't discuss skydiving![:/]

Oh woops. Just saw your post Krisanne! Sorry!:$

So we have Team Hugslut!

Me
Sunny
Krisanne
Addie

We are gonna kick some ass!:D

:P you not only forgot me, you forgot the (tm)! I'll forgive you but you might get an ass-slap as punishment ;)

So who's filling out the application for Team Hugslut(tm)?

Edited to add... so I actually started reading the application and eligibility requirements and they're describing the 4-member teams as "families" of some sort. Thinking that although we do consider skydiving one big happy family, that might be a tough sell... unless someone wants to get married and/or adopt other team members!