crashtested

PDF - and their shit attitude to sports skydivers

Over the years I’ve been berated for speaking my mind, and sometimes it has bothered me but today not so much....
As some of you may know i ordered a PDF rig 18months ago, and it has just arrived!!
What do you think PDF are doing now, do you think i got an apology from them for bullshitting me for 2 years, do you think they have thrown in a AAD to keep me happy, do you think they have said sorry for taking 15 months more than they quoted, or do you think there "chasing" for payment.
Yes you've got it........ Chasing payment, you bunch of assholes, (exchange rate good for YOU now is it???)) why don't you go online and say sorry for messing every sport skydiver around for the past 18 months , rather then keep your heads down.
That’s all i'm asking for, your rigs are great, but you have lied your way down the line for too long, if this really is the website that every skydiver comes to ask for a sticky and just admit you have messed up, we won't blame you, but maybe we'll not come on line and rip you a new asshole.
I'll pick up my slick old rig tomorrow and i'm sure it'll look great and be perfect…
The retailer i bought it from has been amazing beyond belief, and has done more then PDF deserve to try and keep me happy. Yet PDF don’t deserve anything from them or anyone.
Yes I’m angry but….
No i don't give a shit about the size of the community and how this may affect future purchases, or what manufactures may think of me…
Yes i think that i and others have been misled by PDF
No i could not give a rats ass if the rig is not sold to me tomorrow.
Yes I wished I had a , Aerodyne Research, Rigging Innovations, Sunpath Products, Sunrise Manufacturing Intl, Velocity Sports Equipment or
Rig Instead of what I am getting
Your a joke PDF, and despite how good it fly’s when i test jump it, or how good the quality it is…. as soon as i have the time, i will fly with a rig which has “piece of shit” stitched upon it,(that’s been booked in… without a care in the world if it people think its talking about PDF or myself.

I love you all regardless what you say about me.B|

DIscuss ted

>but you have lied your way down the line for too long . . .

PdF has been taking 12-16 months to deliver gear since 2006. You may consider that unreasonably long; fine. Your best option there is to not order from PdF.

Now, if you couldn't be bothered to do the research (or your dealer doesn't know much about the gear he orders) then that's the sort of problem you can run into. It's like ordering a Javelin and complaining that it takes 6 months to get it.

>do you think they have thrown in a AAD to keep me happy . . .

No.

Do they sell so much to military customers that they can afford to keep such a long lead time to private customers? Perhaps they have a long term contract that will keep their shop at a steady pace for so many years. If that is the case, perhaps they should just close their doors to civilian customers as ParaFlite did.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

> If that is the case, perhaps they should just close their doors to
> civilian customers as ParaFlite did.

Why? If people want their gear and are willing both to pay for it and wait for that long a time - let them order it. More choices = good thing.

Now, if you couldn't be bothered to do the research (or your dealer doesn't know much about the gear he orders) then that's the sort of problem you can run into. It's like ordering a Javelin and complaining that it takes 6 months to get it.

I believe he said: taking 15 months more than they quoted
This means they misled him with the quote not that he did not do his research

billvon, you seem to be misinformed, or are not really taking any interest in what is happening or has been happening in the market for the past 3 years.

PDF put a deal out on their gear as a way of worming their way back into the community, people were frustrated by their lead times, which were not the same as the promised times they had been given when ordering rigs.

If You had bothered to do any research you may have seen this,

PDf moved there factory 2 years ago, to increase the speed of the manufacturing of the rigs (do your research)

When ordering they gave a lead time of between 3 and 6 months (again do your research)

They then increased the lead time on the manufacturing to 9 months (do your research)

And then it went back to 18 months, longer then it had been at anytime b4.

I'm not complaining, (your misinformed, again)

I want people to know that they have misled me, I want them to apologize.

I want them to know that its not right.

Its a small community, and i think other workshops deserve the business a lot more than they ever will, i think people need the truth, not your tainted opinion.
Unless I’m mistaken and you have bought and dealt with them, or have any personal experience in which to base your theory’s and
statments on. ( in which case i would apolagise)

The irony is that I just logged on to seek info about PDF and heres this thread. I have an Atom tandem container and want a backup freebag. I've been looking for their website and fucked if I can find it. How does one find them?
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

>PDF put a deal out on their gear as a way of worming their way back into the
>community, people were frustrated by their lead times, which were not the same
>as the promised times they had been given when ordering rigs.

Right. They've had long lead times forever.

>PDf moved there factory 2 years ago, to increase the speed of the
>manufacturing of the rigs (do your research)

Right. It didn't work.

>If You had bothered to do any research . . .

. . . you would have discovered the following comments right here on DZ.com between 2003 and 2008:

"I ordered a Legend R on September and they tell me 6 months. After few month they ask me to add 6 month After 3 month they ask me to add 2 and half month. At this point I give up . . . ."

"I placed and order for the atom legend r nearly over a yeah ago . . ."

"Cons: Exchange rate has changed. And they take ages."

"Long wait, and not so good on the exchange rate now . . ."

"Back in 2003 it took me a year to get my new rig from them . . ."

"I've had it with PDF, due to there lack of giving a shit about the avarage sport jumper."

>I'm not complaining, (your misinformed, again)

You spent an entire post bitching about their long delivery times. You keep telling me to "do my research" but you seem to be the one who ordered from a company that regularly takes over a year to deliver gear to people - and then you are very annoyed when it took a year to deliver your gear to you.

(Don't get me wrong, I'd be annoyed too - but I also wouldn't order from PdF if I had to have a rig any time soon.)

>Its a small community, and i think other workshops deserve the business a lot
>more than they ever will . . .

Then great! Now you are better educated, and next time can choose a company more to your liking.

>i think people need the truth, not your tainted opinion.

The truth: PdF takes forever and a day to deliver gear. Was true in 2006, is true today. You may not like that; that's fine. Order from someone else next time.

To everyone else out there - PdF takes a long time. It is always a good idea to talk to someone who has actually ordered gear from someone, not just talked to a salesman who's trying to push his company. It's also a good idea to use resources like the gear review forum and the G+R forum; this can clue you into problems like long delivery times and poor customer service. As always, caveat emptor.

Dude you need to get with Slyde. If y'all combine rant forces, you can take down PdF & USPA in one fell swoop.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

>Gee....Called Strong Ent. and TWO WEEKS later, had my new custom rig!

It's all in how much you want to pay and how well you fit their schedule. I've waited 7 months for a canopy and 6 months for a jumpsuit (which didn't fit.) I've also gotten a jumpsuit that fit perfectly in 3 days - but there was Hollywood money behind that order, so you know it got bumped to the front of the line.

HEY BILl,

Its about honesty, #

I don't think he gets it

i spent an entire thread making sure PDF don't get any more buisness,

I'll keep this up untill they apolagise to everyone on this forum,

Yes i'll take down the uspa for you,

Bill your a sellout

Skydivers were'nt like that in my day.

Bill googling latin phrases and putting them at the end of your posts, is laughable.

SI HOC SIGNUM LEGERE POTES,
OPERIS BONI IN REBUS LATINIS ALACRIBUS
ET FRUCTUOSIS POTIRI POTES!

I'll keep this up untill they apolagise to everyone on this forum

keep it real...

safe

good luck, we'll see you on the forum for a looooooooong time then :P

P.S. if you want a "long lasting" rig, bring it to Colin in Empuria... couple of small modifications to have the perfect Atom (kill line attachment, dbag, toggles)...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

>but you have lied your way down the line for too long . . .

PdF has been taking 12-16 months to deliver gear since 2006. You may consider that unreasonably long; fine. Your best option there is to not order from PdF.

>do you think they have thrown in a AAD to keep me happy . . .

No.

What a Load of BULLSHIT!

Maybe f you did the research you would realise that this was a great marketing idea gone wrong and is not the norm.

PDF offered a deal that if you buy a whole rig you get a free downsize canopy. or something like that. Then they took a years worth of orders in a period of a week. They got bogged down.
The you say that the dealer does not know much about the gear he orders. Well SHE is the biggest dealer in the UK and owns the biggest rigging loft in the UK. SHE organized face to face meetings with PDF over this fiasco. SHE was in constant communication with PDF and SHE was the best person for the job.

Ordering a bloody Javelin and it taking 6 months is NOTHING at all like ordering a PDF rig and it taking 18 fucking months to be made.

PDF FUCKED up and they know it. This is why they had face to face meeetings with the dealer. This was not one person here. They took something like 400 bloody orders in a week. This is not normal and PDF will be the first to say this.They tried to do their best and fix their mistake and the guy has gotten his rig back.

He was also offered to cancel his order on numerous occassions.

Crashtest has been one of the most patient gear customers on the planet. He stuck in with them and believed in them.

PDF fucked up and for you a moderator to come in to this thread and slam the original poster who just waited 18 months for his rig is unfair, even to go as far as to say that his dealer does not know the gear. You are SPECULATING..

Crashtest, AMEN Brother. I have not read the rest of the posts after your initial one and then Billvons but AMEN, you got the bad end of a very bad mistake and stuck with it. I am sure PDF would be the first to stand in front of you and say they fucked up, saying it on an online forum though would be very ahrd and intimidating for any business man.

Billvon, every post i have read of yours in the past 6 months seem like you are always putting the original poster down. I dont know why you have changed to be like that but it is not fair on the original poster in this thread.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

They gave him the option to cancel multiple times and he chose not to. Now he wants an apology or a discount? Why didn't he just cancel? He obviously thought that a PDF rig is worth an 18 month wait, right? Why isn't he posting great things about them and how their rigs are so great they are worth waiting 18 months for?

I agree he got screwed, but I don't think he should be asking for anything. He should have cancelled his order a loooooong time ago. He was a trooper and stuck with them. That's his own problem.

Dave