aykay

kicked off dz

The person got naked infront of families (including young children).

You shouldn't bring kids to an adult party.

Instead of leaving the person went back to the hanger and started tearing shit up

Maybe he was just blowing off some steam!
If you were asked to leave, wouldn't you be offended?

One time, I got so drunk! Everyone had gone out to dinner and I was all alone. Just for kicks, I walked around and pulled everyones reserve handle! When everyone returned from dinner, the floor was scattered with reserve pilot chutes and bridles coming out of every single rig in the place!

I hope people didn't get to angry about this, since I didn't technically damage anyones equipment.

I'm thinking about going back next weekend, hopefully, everyone has forgotten about the incident. I hope!:S

This jumper was not only kicked off of my DZ, but the other DZ that was actually the jumper's home DZ aswell.

Not cool! because it had nothing to do with other dropzone. You can't boycott a jumpers like that.

What ever happend to "NO RULES, SKYDIVING RULES!"

Maybe he was just blowing off some steam! If you were asked to leave, wouldn't you be offended? One time, I got so drunk! Everyone had gone out to dinner and I was all alone. Just for kicks, I walked around and pulled everyones reserve handle! When everyone returned from dinner, the floor was scattered with reserve pilot chutes and bridles coming out of every single rig in the place!

I hope people didn't get to angry about this, since I didn't technically damage anyones equipment.

I'm thinking about going back next weekend, hopefully, everyone has forgotten about the incident. I hope!:S

You cost everyone a repack? Did you pay everyone back to repack that shit? I would have been pissed! You cost all those people the money and time it took a rigger to repack. How many people missed excellent jumps? Or like me when I first started jumping, couldn't afford to jump that day because of paying for the repack? How shitty. :o
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

You cost everyone a repack? Did you pay everyone back to repack that shit?

No. I took off before anyone got back so I don't know if anyone is angry about it. I hope they would just see the humor in it?

Hopefully they all got a discount since it was only the pilot chute and bridle rather than a complete repack.
Who knows what the rigger policy is in this situation.

The DZO probably got his Tandem and Student rigs repacked for free since he is tight with the local riggers, but as far as the regular jumpers gear... I just don't know. That is why I am so nervous about going back!

They may just laugh about it or they might be gunning for me right now. I definatly don't want to get stuck with the repack charges on all those rigs!

I hope I can use that "We're one big happy family" line on 'em and they will forgive me. I don't even think they know yet, that I did it!:S

You cost everyone a repack? Did you pay everyone back to repack that shit?

No. I took off before anyone got back so I don't know if anyone is angry about it. I hope they would just see the humor in it?

Hopefully they all got a discount since it was only the pilot chute and bridle rather than a complete repack.
Who knows what the rigger policy is in this situation.

The DZO probably got his Tandem and Student rigs repacked for free since he is tight with the local riggers, but as far as the regular jumpers gear... I just don't know. That is why I am so nervous about going back!

They may just laugh about it or they might be gunning for me right now. I definatly don't want to get stuck with the repack charges on all those rigs!

I hope I can use that "We're one big happy family" line on 'em and they will forgive me. I don't even think they know yet, that I did it!:S

So you did the outstanding dirty deed>:( and you think no one knows who did it:S, And you just told a bunch of folks that you did it on DZ.com and now you think you can go back to the scene of the crime and people won't put 2 & 2 together.:)
You also must not care what the people who read this stuff and meet you in the future think about you based on what you wrote.:D:D:D.

R.I.P.

Kbone. Hope you're trolling.

However, if you're not here's a tidbit of info for you. A pulled reserve handle -does- cause a complete repack. And a full charge to the jumper who's rig it is. Now passed on to -you- in total.

Plan to be banned at ALL surrounding DZ's. Conduct like this does not make a person a family member. It makes them an enemy.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I don't believe he's been pulling handles as much as yanking chains.

Certainly if this had happened recently we'd all have heard about it and . . . his story is just stupid . . . you mean to tell me that you believe that a large number of people - including the DZ school - would leave their gear unsecured, after the beer light comes on . . . and then continue onward to dinner?

It's not even a plausable story.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I agree he is just trolling, but can we do something about it. The only posts I have ever seen from Kbone is him trolling. Skymama where are you when we need you ;)

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1413672;#1413793

In terms of a hypothetical, if I saw my rig reserve deployed after a night out, I would not only repack it from scratch but get a rigger to inspect it.

I don't believe he's been pulling handles as much as yanking chains.

Certainly if this had happened recently we'd all have heard about it and . . . his story is just stupid . . . you mean to tell me that you believe that a large number of people - including the DZ school - would leave their gear unsecured, after the beer light comes on . . . and then continue onward to dinner?

It's not even a plausable story.

You talk as if his profile is correct in his location. We don't know this to be true. No more than his name is "John Strap". He may be in a place where they (used to) trust others. Or their rigs were put away in a location that was still accessible to skydivers.

Like the fatality that happened in Europe, where someone got into the locker where everyone's rig was stored and cut not only the main but reserve risers. And someone died.

Yes, I know that has now been ruled a suicide, but that's not the point. We don't want a newbie to think what Kbone was 'joking' about was a cool thing and copy the idea. Touching someone else's gear is not only scarey but stupid!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

americans and their guns:S

Now that's not really fair... I would not be so foolish to take my firearms to the dz... whoever did that was just reckless and stupid. Furhter, alcohol and firearms do NOT mix. Mine go to the range or stay in their little places where I occasionally go and pet them... (pet, pet, pet)

americans and their guns:S

Kind of like European men in speedos:ph34r:

Edit to add, Bigway is just teasing. Everyone relax. To know him is to love him and understand him.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey