SkiD_PL8

Call or not?

Here is the deal there is a girl in my office who is very nice, and I always joke around with her throughout the day. She was on the phone with a friend earlier and said something which I then took out of context and made into a joke. She got off the phone and handed me a slip of paper with both her and her friend's cell phone numbers and told me to "call if I get bored."

Now here is my dilema. I don't find her attractive at all, but I have no idea about her friend. I am worried if I do call and go hang out that she will make a pass and then things will be awkward at work. At the same time though it is hard to pass up the opportunity with her friend. Let's see what you guys think.

Greenie in training.

i am confused... why did she give you her number AND her friend's cell phone number? Are they a package deal?:)

But i say go out with both of them as friends do, and if you are interested in her friend it will be obvious to the woman you work with. Its not a good idea (and you could tell her too) to date someone you work with anyway because it could get messy...

A thousand people told me never to date people at work.

I thought, "No problem. If things get messy, I think I could handle it."

I wish I could quit making my own mistakes and learn from the mistakes of others. Dating someone at work is a bad mistake. That is where this is going.

The voice of experience rings out...

DON'T DO IT!!!!!

ESPECIALLY with a girl that you are not that into... Someone's going to get hurt, and I guarantee you it will be her... And then you will bear the brunt of her spite...

Trust me.
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET

You misunderstood aparently because I have no interest what so ever in the one I work with. My focus would be on the friend.

Even then, if you piss her off somehow (by hooking up w/her friend if she is after you or something like that), she could still cause you alot of trouble

You misunderstood aparently because I have no interest what so ever in the one I work with. My focus would be on the friend.

No, I didn't misunderstand; that was my whole point. Did you GO to Guy School? Never go through the unattractive girl to get to her friend; even if she doesn't admit it, it hurts her feelings.
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET

It could get real ugly... real fast. There's too many choices out there to jeapardise things at work. There's an old saying; "There is nothing worse than a woman scorned!" Don't let curiosity get the best of you.

edit to add: Good luck to you!

Chuck

Imagine there are two rooms. You are in one room. Everyone else is in the other room.

"We need someone to do this task."
"How about Joe?"
Scorned workmate:"Ummm... this is rather important. Why don't we use Fred?"

Implying a fear of failure if Joe is involved, without actually saying it. If cornered about it, "Joe is just fine, I just thought he was very busy. I was trying to help."

Also, given that the entire office will know about the situation. People won't have you work together because of the "tension". "Susie is already working on that... let's have Fred help her."

Dating workmates is the fastest way to get your throat cut the slowest way.

However, this is one of those interesting times when people have already chosen a course of action. Then, they ask for an opinion that agrees with it.

You will crush the unattractive girl if you go out with her cute friend (assuming she IS cute). Don't be mean like that.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Its easier, less painful and a hell of a lot more fun to beat your head into a wall then it is to try and date someone through a coworker. Don't date in the workplace, don't date in the family and don't date in prision. :D

Imagine none of the women in the office ever talking to you again. Because if you piss one of them off, they all seem to know all about it. If one of them is scorned expect to recieve payback from them all. If they are having a bad day at home you will be the venting spot for them all if you manage to get them pissed at you.

The wall is a hell of a lot more fun! :D
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Think I might just have to take the risk. Why live on the edge when you can jump right?

yeah, but bad work-related mals involve a fresh resume and job interviews - yuck!

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

DO NOT DO IT--SAVE YOURSELF!!!

I dated this guy from work. Great guy, terrible relationship. And it was a fucking nightmare at work. And don't kid yourself--if you date her friend, you might as well be dating your coworker--it will spill into work. A resonating NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Find a hot chick at the supermarket, leave this one alone.. ;)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss