Vallerina

Food you can't get anywhere else

Last night, I went to this cute, little bar called Schoolyard by Wrigleyville. I love going there because they have nice, outdoor seating, and they have the best soft pretzels ever! They have different kinds, but my favorite kind is the jalapeno soft pretzel. I've had jalapeno ones before (although, they are rare at restaurants/bars), but none even come close to how great theirs taste! We keep going to the same bar just for their pretzels!

What about you? Where do you go for the type of food you just can't get anywhere else?
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

White Castle hamburgers. Those little things. From the restaraunt, not the frozen ones in the store. My grandpa used to take my brother and I out for them almost every time we stayed over. When he died, Andy and I toasted him with burgers. Our spouses thought we were nuts, but grandpa would have smiled. And no freaking places within 3 hours of here.

Best wings in the entire world are from Quaker Steak and Lube. Based out of Sharon, PA but a couple other locations in western pa. Mmmmmmm, good stuff.

Damn, now I'm hungry

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Best wings in the entire world are from Quaker Steak and Lube.

Ooooh! Those are really good. My coworker (who is from Buffalo) disagrees that they are the best in the world, but I've never been to Buffalo to experience the origin of wings. That's the worst part of giving up meat. One of my favorite foods were wings!!! Mmmm....wings and beer.....

but a couple other locations in western pa.

and Ohio!

La Bamba - Burritos as Big as Your Head!

It's a chain of fast food mexican restaurants, mainly in college towns. When I lived in Cincinnati for college we would go a few times a week. There wasn't one in Cincinnati, but if you left town on any highway you would hit one within 1.5 hours. Columbus and Oxford Ohio and Lexington and Louisville KY. Sadly I think Oxford and Lexington are now closed.

They have some tasty burritos, and the best thing about them was that they used Chihuahua cheese.

Mmmm...delicious!

Their claim to fame is the big burritos (literally as big as your head) but also that they are open until after the bars close. Go around lunch or dinner time and you wonder how they stay in business. Show up at 4 in the morning and their lines are out the door.

Anyone else had La Bambas?
Killing threads since 2004.

The carbonezone food. Yummy. Only available at boogies. I miss scotty & tami. Other than that, there is a place here in peoria called the Burger Barge. They make the bestest burgers ever!! Everyone should come visit me so we can go eat there.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Taco John's Potato Oles! Can't get them around here, but I remember them from college. Sort of like the mini tator tots Burger Kings sells on their breakfast menu (also tasty) but seasoned.

And I'm a sucker for a Jack in the Box taco, which I can't get anywhere near Chicago! Burger King was selling smething similar for a while, but not anymore![:/]

Here's something I remember from my childhood. We lived outside Lousiville Kentucky for a few years and there was a place in Louisville called Ollie's Trolley. They sold Ollie Burgers- seasoned, spicy hamburgers. I remember them being sooooo good! And Derby pie! Yum! Is there anyone from Kentucky that remember's Ollie Burgers?

This thread is making me hungry!

(Oh, and when I was nowhere near a White Castle, I used to crave them! Now that I can get them any time I want, I think they're kind of gross!)

That's right, I forgot about the one in Chicago. Down on N. Halstead!

I'm in Chicago on business for a weekend each winter and I always make sure to swing by and get my fix.

I don't deny that they can be pretty gross. But I love 'em!
Killing threads since 2004.

I get a super monster on cayenne flours. beef and chicken, no rice, bunch of stuff, and habanero sauce. I get the feeling not many in the world are able to do that. Well, and live to tell about it. ;)

I'll make it back to Texas eventually, and trust me, it will be WELL advertised! ;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

You can eat a super monster freebirds...???

I am in awe. Thats like a circus trick! :)

LMAO!
I'm not even full when I'm finished either. I'm 'comfortable'. ;)

I may be a skinny guy, but I've got an appetite!
It's your life, live it!

Freebirds Burritos.. theyre only in Austin and College Station.

I always ate at the one in Houston, but don't ask me how to get there..... I always rode...
It's your life, live it!

There is a Greek restaurant here that makes the 'BEST' Avgolemono soup (egg, chicken, lemon, rice). I haven't found anyplace else that makes it as good, other than maybe the church bazaar, but then it might be made by the same people, I don't know. Yyyuuummmyy!

The locals here in Seattle, definitely will mention Dick's Drive In for their french fries, burgers and shakes! We're not talking fast food fries here, but fresh cut french fries!! Yuuuummm!

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Freebirds Burritos.. theyre only in Austin and College Station.

I always ate at the one in Houston, but don't ask me how to get there..... I always rode...

Its at a weird intersection, they're stealthy like that B| Freebirds was going to be my initial response, but I see its already been taken care of.

Salt Grass steakhouse is my other pick. Only in Texas. No one can top the seafood fondeaux (and their tators).

Ooh! Ooh! I thought of another....

Chicago Pizza and Ovengrinders. Mmmm.....They have these weirdo "pot pie" pizzas that are sooooo good. They also have this bread that is the best in the world. I haven't been there in over a year! Holy moly! I'm due for a pizza and bread from there!!!!

Best wings in the entire world are from Quaker Steak and Lube. Based out of Sharon, PA but a couple other locations in western pa.

I must beg to differ - IMHO - Best wings in the world are from the Anchor Bar, in Buffalo, NY. This is where it all started, my friends! I get my wing sauce directly from them. (I go out to Western NY about once a year - )

The keys to making the best wings are:

1.- Anchor Bar wing sauce and
2. - Taking the wings directly from the deep freeze to the deep fryer. That gets the outside nice and crispy.

Easy Does It