Slurp56

What is sweet to give a girl?

help! I'm terrible at this! :(

long story short, she is graduating college in a week and is really swamped with finals, and other projects she has to complete on time. Last night she called me in tears because somehow all of her work for 2 classes that was stored on a floppy disk was lost.

She's going to be at school in the computer lab from 7am to 10pm today, so I told her when I get off of work I would bring her dinner.

She is really special to me and I would like to get her something small to show that I really care about her. I am struggling to come up with an idea that screams "Thats it!"

Guys: what would you give a girl to show that she meant alot to you?

Girls: what have guys given you to make you feel special or what would make you feel special to receive?

I really appreciate your feedback.

Girls: what have guys given you to make you feel special or what would make you feel special to receive?

One of the sweetest things I was ever given was a cd with a little movie on it with memorable pictures, video clips and other memorbilia put to music that was meaningful. It's like a computerized scrapbook.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

A gift certificate to one of those 'Day Spas'

Hair...face..nails...massage...the whole ticket!

(...it got me a 3 days pass to WFC last year!)
:P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

She's going to be at school in the computer lab from 7am to 10pm today, so I told her when I get off of work I would bring her dinner.

Well, that knocks a whole bunch of things out of consideration, now doesn't it?

Why not have something small and simple tonight, and then give her a written invitation for a nice dinner at your place (that you prepared) when she has the time to cool off? Won't that say a lot more? Put it on a date and time certain after she's done with finals, preferably two evenings after her last final.

She doesn't have time for you to care right now. Just let her know that you do. Then, care for her when she has the time to let you.

Think about it - open-ended!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Bringing her dinner when she's swamped is really sweet. Bringing a plastic wine glass to drink whatever soda she has (I'm assuming she doesn't want wine while studying), and a really nice napkin, makes it special...

A trip to a day spa for after finals is nice; if you want her to think about you, a massage class for two (also after finals) is also nice :)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

As a student who is stressed out myself right now I can say that a little bag with my favorite coffee and munchies to get me through the night would be awesome. Then, after 10pm returning home a backrub to help my chill out and fall asleep would be perfect.

personaly sounds like she needs a cd burner and some blank cd's

tell her ot to put the flop near magnets
one thing you could do is for a gift for after her finals is a day spa thing so she can go and relax after all the stress

Look what i made at work today mom!! Put it on the fridge
http://www.bouda.moonfruit.com

Give her a "Surviving Finals" goody bad now and in it include a coupon for a nice dinner out once it is all over. In the goody bag, put things in there that might be handy this week, as someone else said. But, explain the reason for each thing. Examples:

Aspirin (to ward off headaches)
Computer wrist pad (since she has to do a lot of typing now)
Red Bull or instant coffee (to help her stay up late)
A coupon for a shoulder rub
A nice card letting her know how special she is
Her favorite snack food
Candy, gum, etc.

I'm sure there are more things you can think of. It's been awhile since I've crammed for exams!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Give her a "Surviving Finals" goody bad now and in it include a coupon for a nice dinner out once it is all over. In the goody bag, put things in there that might be handy this week, as someone else said. But, explain the reason for each thing. Examples:

Aspirin (to ward off headaches)
Computer wrist pad (since she has to do a lot of typing now)
Red Bull or instant coffee (to help her stay up late)
A coupon for a shoulder rub
A nice card letting her know how special she is
Her favorite snack food
Candy, gum, etc.

I'm sure there are more things you can think of. It's been awhile since I've crammed for exams!

then throw mine in there too and you have a whole package deal

Look what i made at work today mom!! Put it on the fridge
http://www.bouda.moonfruit.com

I like what Val said. That was kind of what I was thinking. Probably my favorite things to ever receive as gifts were cds people had made me. If you pick the right music, songs that really drill into the meaning of your relationship with this girl, songs that make you think of each other, it can be really powerful. Plus, music is good to study by.

I also like the idea of a goody basket with coffee, treats, etc for study time. Do that, throw a cd in it, and you are golden. B|

The best response I have ever gotten from a gift for my wife is a little tiffany tag necklace with an inscription on the back of a little saying we used to say alot but had gotten away from over the years. I was looking through some old cards and pictures and remembered it and had it engraved. She is still talking about that a year later.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

I am struggling to come up with an idea that screams "Thats it!"

go down on her.;)
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I think the best gift you can give someone is time - yours or theirs. Make something for them that takes some of your time (one of the neatest cards I ever got was a handmade Valentine's day card... and no, not when I was 7) or do/give them something that saves them time. You're already doing that by taking her dinner. See if you can help get anything off the floppies for her (got any computer geek friends? They'll probably be able to salvage a lot of it)

Idea for birthday/Christmas - USB flash drive :D
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

There are some really good ideas in this thread. Some of them are a little extreme for today but I will keep them in the back of my mind for later. If any one else has feedback, by all means, keep it coming.

Thank you all. :)

hmm...how about, a chocolate flower, dinner, free jump, closing pin necklace, kisses, REAL and chocolate ones;),homemade cookies, burnt cds, a pro-dytter...B|

She's a *gasp* whuffo. Pretty cool surfer chick though. Thought about picking up a surf video for her. surfing makes her eyes light up like skydiving does mine.