Conundrum

How far would you go for a relationship?

Just curious how far people would be willing to go for someone they have feelings for, and what is the longest you have gone?

Me: I live in L.A. he lives in Seattle, lasted about 9 months before the distance was just too much.

Now after having done that, I probably would shun different state relationships or anything over a 2 hour drive, but I guess if I found someone I was totally in love with, I'd make the trek to somewhere far, or just move.

P.S. because people keep asking me.... this has nothing to do with my personal life, just wondering what you people had to say :)

1st time-
I was in ND he was in TX, dated for 2 years and were married for 4.

2nd time-
He was in TX I was in CO had been dating a year before I moved and 4 months later he moved to CO. We are still together and it will be 4 years in June.
Fly it like you stole it!

I have had long distance relationships, over 1hr drive. They suck, and they don't work. However, I would drive anywhere for the 'right' person....but that situation would only be temporary. I would have no issues with picking up and moving somewhere else.....unless it is across the country. Well.....I guess it would really depend on the situation.
F LORIDA!

I have alot of experience in this. I was willing to move to be with her. She lived in Calgary and I was in Houston. Glad it didn't happen, but it was fun while it was on.

But, I'm not apposed to long distance relationships if it's serious enough. With the i-net it brings them closer then it used to with just the mail & phone. I say this while thinking at some point someone is going to move to be with the other person or move to a middle ground somewhere. Now if it was to go on to long (maybe a year) then I would probably retink it unless there was a promise of actually being together.

Wow I rambled.. did I make any sense?

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I have had long distance relationships, over 1hr drive. They suck, and they don't work. However, I would drive anywhere for the 'right' person....but that situation would only be temporary. I would have no issues with picking up and moving somewhere else.....unless it is across the country. Well.....I guess it would really depend on the situation.

Ever thought about Texas? :)

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

It all depends on security levels and trust - if it's going to work.

Turtle nailed this one right on the head. It can work, so long as both parties trust each other and are willing to make it work until things can be adjusted. And either one or both parties must be willing to make a life adjustment to make things continue.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

How far away do you live from me ?:$

back off cheesey boi! >:(

:ph34r: scared you didn't I.. you better watch out I'm the next mod around here. ;)

I lived 40, 250 and 400 miles away from my ex over 16 years.

Also lived in Florida and was "seeing" someone in California (free long distance is a wonderful thing!). Shortened that distance to 400-ish miles after discovering that hurricanes suck. Now I live 5 miles from him.

Long distance can work but it's way more fun to be closer geographically.

It started with us both in California. Then I got stationed to Hawaii. Then she got stationed to Virginia. At that point it went away. Two plane trips= too much.
-------------------------------------------------------
"These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choice left, and I'm ready for war."

Ever thought about Texas? [Angelic ]

Yea driven through there before....who's in Texas??:D:D

Me silly!

I dated someone in Texas for 10 months or so. Distance was a factor but it eventually ended due to a combo of factors. Dated a girl that lived less then 5 miles from me and distance was more of a factor there :S

Currently I'm dating someone in New York that we will reach our one year April 2nd and things are going better then ever for us.:)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Once was in a relationship with a guy who lived in Australia......trying being involved with someone who lives in a different DAY than you, different hemisphere. Obvisouly didn't work out! But, on the bright side....spent a month traveling around Australia! Anyway, I'll never do that again. New rule: if I can't get there by car in 2 hour or less...not worth the effort or heartache.

We lived together here in San Francisco and dated for a year. He had to go back to England. We tried to keep dating but hey, a woman has needs.

I'm not into LDRs and refuse to do them now so I'm in the under 30 minute category.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)