lawrocket

Recipe thread

Okay, so I'm still not a very good cook, but this is the one thing you can't go wrong with is marinating chicken breasts in italian dressing and adding a little seasoned salt, then actually cook them in the dressing and add more as it cooks over. It's SO GOOD. B|

Btw, that also works very well with ginger and soy. ;)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Okay, so I'm still not a very good cook, but this is the one thing you can't go wrong with is marinating chicken breasts in italian dressing and adding a little seasoned salt, then actually cook them in the dressing and add more as it cooks over. It's SO GOOD. B|

Italian dressing and Apple Sauce marinade adds a little sweet to the Italian taste. It's awesome, sounds really gross but I'm so picky. My bf at the time had to trick me into eating it, he only told me what it was after I tried it. He was right, I woudln't have if I had known ahead of time.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

what kind of recipes in particular are you looking for? I have tons of favorites, that are pretty easy to do as well!

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Italian dressing and Apple Sauce marinade adds a little sweet to the Italian taste. It's awesome, sounds really gross but I'm so picky. My bf at the time had to trick me into eating it, he only told me what it was after I tried it. He was right, I woudln't have if I had known ahead of time.

MMMMmmm.......I'll have to try that!! :)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

anyone have a recipe for a boneless salmon filet?

This might sound a little off but its actually really really good. Spread a good layer of mayonnaise on the salmon, sprinkle lemon pepper and dill on the filet and then cook. Awesome dish.

neilp

Salmon filet? HEre's what I do.

Rub olive oil on the salmon and add some cajun seasoning. Grill it good and well before you try to flip it. If the salmon is burned, say it's "blackened."

Take some dijon mustard, some mayo, some red wine vinegar, some capers and some dill. Mix them all up. Put the bowl of it in the barbecue to heat it up a bit just before the salmon is done. (I also heat the plates a little on the grill). Plate the salmon and spoon some of the sauce on the salmon.

I also found that the mixture is great for dipping steamed artichoke!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

anyone have a recipe for a boneless salmon filet? i'd like to do it on the grill...

That one is easy...I crack fresh ground pepper over each fillet then squeeze the juice of a lemon over it and often add a slice of lemon for effect...place skin side down on foil on your grill (makes cleanup easier) after the grill is very hot. I close the lid and cook it for about 6 minutes. Serve over lemon pepper pasta and make a shrimp based sauce (knorr has several good ones) to garnish with. You can also grill asparagus with it which is good or serve with broccoli and carrots.

OK, now I'm hungry.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

A while back, everyone submitted recipes to this forum, and someone was going to put together a cookbook. I wonder whatever happened with that:S. I guess I will have to search for the thread.

edit, here is one of the links http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=116325;search_string=cookbook;#116325

here's the other one...http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1158602;search_string=cookbook;#1158602

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Here is my BBQ meat rub and my own BBQ Sauce

.THE RYAN RUB:
3 tbs Hungarian Paprika
1 ½ tbs Spanish paprika
3 tea sp. salt
1 ½ tea sp dried thyme
1 ½ tea sp oregano
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp dried basil, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic, onion powder

MIX TOGETHER AND RUB AWAY. I TRIPPLE UP THE MIX SO I HAVE EXTRA RUB ON HAND.

THE SAUCE, THE SAUCE IS THE BOSS:

3 CUPS KETCHUP
¾ CUP WATER
¼ CUP DARK BROWN SUGAR
¼ CUP LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
1 TBS HONEY
1 ½ TEA SP SUGAR
2 TEA SP WORCESTERSHIRE
½ TEA SP VINIGAR
½ LEMON SQEEZED INTO POT
1/8 CUP ANCHO CHILLIES, GUAJILLO CHILES, GROUND CUMIN, MEXICAN ORAGANO, SPANISH PAPARIKA, HUNGARIAN PAPARIKA, ONION SALT, GARLIC SALT, BLACK PEPPER, WHITE PEPPER, RED PEPPER FLAKES.

BRING ALL INGREADENTS TO BOIL IN POT, LET COOL AND PUT IN REFRIGRATOR UNTIL USE.
RUB RIBS 24 HOURS BEFORE COOKING, I ALSO COVER THE RIBS IN HONEY AFTER THE RUB IS APPLIED
I ALSO SPRINKLE SOME BROWN SUGAR OVER RIBS TOO.

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY…..

Baking recipes or food recipes?? I love to bake, but have quite an extensive repertoire (sp) of recipes... Here's a kick butt never fail BBQ Brisket recipe...

Brisket, BBQ Brisket rub (your favorite), 2 bottles Italian Dressing, your favorite BBQ sauce..

Place Brisket in large pan, rub both sides with brisket rub, then pour both bottles of Italian dressing ( I use the Zesty Italian)..Bake in a 250@ oven for 10-12 hours covered with aluminum foil. slice and serve with your favorite bbq sauce... It's always moist and so tender it falls apart..My family loves it chopped with lots of KC Masterpiece Sauce.. :>)

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." -- Helen Keller

JACKASS Lamb Burgers

1 lb ground lamb
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 + 1 dash cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup bread crumbs

Mix everything together well and form into burgers. Grill or fry or bake or whatever. I prefer to grill slowly.

Vinny-proof recipe.
:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Ok, I will share my favorite recipe for appetizer/snack. They are fucking awesome, always get inhaled when I bring them places!

Mexi Rolls

1/2 pkg hidden valley ranch seasoning
1/2 pkg taco seasoning
2 pkg cream cheese
1 pkg your choice finely shredded cheese ( Ilike colby/jack)
2 sliced green onions

mix well and spread on burrito sized tortillas
spread over tortillas, slice and enjoy!

Ok here is a winner if you are in to cakes - it goes down a treat EVERY single time I make it!!!!

THE ULTIMATE CARROT CAKE!!

7 oz (200 g) wholemeal self-raising flour
3 level teaspoons mixed spice
1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
6 oz (175 g) dark brown soft sugar, sifted
2 large eggs
5 fl oz (150 ml) sunflower oil
grated zest 1 orange
7 oz (200 g) carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
4 oz (110 g) sultanas
2 oz (50 g) desiccated coconut
2 oz (50 g) pecan nuts
For the syrup glaze:
juice 1 small orange
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 oz (75 g) dark brown soft sugar
For the topping:
1 x 250 g tub mascarpone
1 x 200g tub fromage frais, 8% fat
1 rounded tablespoon golden caster sugar
1 heaped teaspoon ground cinnamon
To serve:
2 oz (50 g) pecan nuts
* Click on an ingredient to find out more
You will also need 2 x 8 in (20 cm) sandwich tins, 11/2 in ( 4 cm) deep, bases lined with baking parchment.

Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6, 400°F (200° C), then turn it down to gas mark 3, 325°F (170°C) when you have toasted the pecan nuts.

First, place all the pecan nuts on a baking sheet and, using a timer, toast them in the oven for 8 minutes. Now chop one half roughly for the cake and the other more finely, for the topping later. Then don't forget to turn the oven down to gas mark 3, 325°F (170°C) for the cake.

To make the cake, whisk the sugar, eggs and oil together in a bowl with an electric hand whisk for 2-3 minutes, then check that there is no sugar left undissolved. Now sift the flour, mixed spice and bicarbonate of soda into the bowl, tipping in the bits of bran left in the sieve. Then stir all this in gently, followed by the remaining cake ingredients. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared tins and bake the cakes on the centre shelf of the oven for about 30 minutes. They should be nicely risen, feel firm and springy to the touch when lightly pressed in the centre, and show signs of shrinking away from the sides of the tin. If not, give them another 2-3 minutes and test again.

Meanwhile, make the topping by whisking all the ingredients together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Then cover with clingfilm and chill for 1-2 hours, until you are ready to ice the cakes. To make the syrup glaze, whisk together the fruit juices and sugar in another bowl and then, when the cakes come out of the oven, stab them all over with a skewer and quickly spoon the syrup evenly over the hot cakes.

Now leave them to one side to cool in their tins, during which time the syrup will be absorbed. Then, when the cakes are completely cold, remove them from the tins. Spread one-third of the filling over one of the cakes, place the other on top, then cover the top and sides with the remaining icing. Scatter the remaining toasted pecan nuts over the top.

Make sure you save yourself a piece, I spent ages getting together everything I needed and making the cake (it wasnt hard at all) and then it all got eaten by my housemates!!!! :S:)
Beth xx
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

Got this recipe from my brother for BBQ sauce. Didn't believe until I tried it. Just about as easy as it gets and you are almost guaranteed to have the ingredients.

Equal parts catsup and coca cola, add your favorite seasonings.

Tasty.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Hi Law,
Here's one that's easy as 1-2-3!! First, turn on the oven to 350F. Then in a large bowl mix (3) cups of "self-rising" flour, (2) tablespoons of sugar (the regular stuff like you put in coffee) and (1) 12 oz. beer. Get one of those 9" or the like bread loaf pans and spray with some non stick (PAM or the like) and put the dough in it. Put in 350F oven for 1 hour. Right before you take the bread out, melt some butter and when the bread comes out, pour the butter over the top of the crust. ENJOY!!!
Any kind of beer will do. and remember to use "self rising" flour. Plain flour needs baking power and stuff.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I just made me and the woman some excellent chicken enchilada soup tonight. It's best with some corn tortillas or you can get by with some corn chips. Very filling and very meaty. My late fiance came up with the recipe.:)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can enchilada sauce
1/2 a medium yellow onion, diced
6-10oz of canned white chunk chicken (the stringier the better!)
1 soup can of water
1 soup can of milk

Whisk everything except the chicken together in a pot.

Drain the chicken and add it.

Simmer until hot

Serve!B|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

What little cooking I do I learned from "A Treasury of Top Secret Recipies" by Todd Wilbur. It has at-home recipies for restaurant and brand name stuff. Arby's sauce to Keebler's soft chocolate chip cookies to Tony Romas ribs etc. Things I've made from it have gone over well.

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.