flyingferret

Lunch in New Orleans?

Well, by the looks of things I am flying to New Orleans on Satruday to pick up a car and drive it back. I won't have much time in New Orleans, basically a few hours probably. What must I hit or where should I eat lunch? I will be back sometime with more time.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

Gumbo and a shrimp Po Boy somewhere, then Cafe DuMonde for beignets and cafe au lait before you hit the road!B| I'm a little jealous!

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm..........it's been SO LONG since I've have a good beignet......*drools* B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Johnnie's Po' Boys. Best shrimp Po boy sandwich around. Get an Ice cold Abita Beer to go with it.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

That sure as hell beats your first car...that you killed by sliding off a road and into a fence...it also beats the hell out of your second car which...although your second car could get to Granbury in 2hrs. My truck can't do that.:D

So I guess we'll see you in B/CS sometime that evening? You wanna crash on my couch?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

We went to Emeril's restaurant back in November when Hubby was home on R&R... It was awesome, meal wasn't badly priced, but drink before you get there and after you leave... Bar tab was just as expensive as the meal!! And of course Cafe DuMonde for the Beignets and coffee in the morning!!

:( I want to go back!!

If you get the chance swing over to Moss Pointe and Gold Coast Skydiving! Great bunch of people!B|

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." -- Helen Keller

I lived in New Orleans for years plus, when I was a kid, my dad and I would fly to New Orleans for lunch once in a while. We really like Deanie's on Lake Street near Lake Ponchartrain. It is actually in Metairie, LA rather than NOLA, but damn, they have the best shrimp because they are brackish water Lake Ponchartrain shrimp and not Gulf shrimp. But, you also must go to the quarter. Actually, there is a new Deanie's in the Quarter on Iberville Street across from the back entrance of the Ritz Carlton. Enjoy.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Well boys and girls, my plans opened up this weekend. The Man upstairs just opened everything in the right order and I got a hotel room at Marriot in the French Quarter for $125. SO, gonna stay the night enjoy the city abit and then drive back.

So, open to more ideas. I don't want to PARTY. Just chill, enjoy the ambience, get some good food.
--

Other good choices are Mothers (soul food) and Redfish Grill. The suggestion of Central Grocery is a good one. If you like muff's they can't be beat - can even buy the olive mix in a jar for making them yourself later.

If you end up staying and do dinner - try the Grapevine resturant in the quarter.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Hi Flying,
Wish I could take the time off from the job to meet you down there (I'm sure some other DZ.com'ers would want to also!!) and just go out and rip it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 'Was born there and grew up in Hammond, just north of the Lake, class of '63 HHS, the "Big Easy" was always "Party Central!!" Enjoy it all, "Ben-Yay's" at the CDM, good food is all over the place. Since the months have "R's" in them fora while, get at least a dozen oysters on the 1/2 shell and chase them witha couple of bottles of DIXIE BEER for me!!!!!!!!!

PS please follow up this post with the results of your excursion!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Well guys, I had a blast! Hung out for a day and then brought the car back.

I ate seafood about 4 times in 12 hours. I highly recommend Acme Oyster Bar in the quarter. Might not be as good as some other local place, but it was awesome. Their mudbugs were mini-lobsters. Had a handful of local brews, mostly Abita Amber, oysters, a po boy, more crawfish, stuffed crab, more crawfish, and pecan pie before calling it a night. It was a good day!
Had breakfast at Camella Gril the next morning, and then drove out. Rocketed down I 10, then took back roads from Beaumont through the Sam Houston National Forest to see AggieDave, then home. A long weekend, a plane flight, 680 miles of driving later.....my brand new toy is home.
--