Duckwater

Body for Life

Has anyone else done the Body for Life by Bill Phillips? I am 2 months into it and I have dropped all fat and I am starting to get really big muscles. Its kind of a chore at first (especially eating 6 times a day)but once you get used to the program, it gets easy. This program really works! Here is my DL pictures from 1999 at 200lbs and last June at 165. I didnt realize how fat I was till I saw these together.

Mike

Oh, I was thinkin' more along the lines of someone sending about 20 large pizzas and some male strippers over to your house.

I hate it when that happens! :S

but nope. Im on a work your ass off diet. and its working too.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I did it and had very good results, also. I could not stick it out the whole time, though. I fell off the wagon at about 10 weeks.

That is actually why I started skydiving. A bunch of my friends and I went to do tandems in college, and the dz would not take me because I was too big (probably 240 at that time, but I got as big as 265). I did not ever think about it again until years later.

My goal was to lose to 225, and when I got there, it made me remember that the weight limit at that dz in college was 225. I decided I had to do it. So I went out and did a tandem, and the rest is history.

For all you "You'll just gain it back" people out there, I weigh 195 now, about 3 years later.

Oh, and DW, if you think you can't gain it back, I know a couple of people who had great results from BFL, then quit. They were left with the six meal a day appetite, but no longer controlled what or how much they ate and no longer worked out. It wasn't pretty.

Brent

EDITED:

See this thread
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=319437#319437
for more on dz.commers doing bfl and other stuff.

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

eeewwww, Quade, you are evil ;) - very good idea :)
So, Duckwater, this sounds interesting... got any info you wanna share bout it for free? I need a diet, but my checkbook is currently anorexic.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Has anyone else done the Body for Life by Bill Phillips? I am 2 months into it and I have dropped all fat and I am starting to get really big muscles. Its kind of a chore at first (especially eating 6 times a day)but once you get used to the program, it gets easy. This program really works! Here is my DL pictures from 1999 at 200lbs and last June at 165. I didnt realize how fat I was till I saw these together.

Mike

I followed the program for 2 months about two years ago. My goals were a little different though.

Started at 165 12% body fat and went up to 185 at 4.8% body fat. I am now 183 lbs and 11% bodyfat.

Bad thing is that all the fat is around the waist. Oh well, when I can run again, I'll burn as much of that fat as I can. First though I need to quit eating Hershey's with almonds.

You look great!!

Keep up the good work. ;)

By the way. You should take the DL's off and just use the pics from your DL's.

Trust me, the DL # is not as important as the other stuff. Besides number is encoded else where. Take it from me, I know.

Good luck & keep us posted.

Airborne!

Paul,
I will be in Perris for a couple weeks next Saturday. You can look at me, shake your head, and ask me if Im insane, AGAIN.:P BTW, a photo you took of me is my parents favorite. I doubt you still have it but if you do, can you make me a print? It's this one.

Mike

I started in full blast..and fizzled out!
I even made post in the past about it.
But now, I am completeley out of shape All belly..
Look 6 months pregnant! hahah
But I am starting it again today!
I was at 24hr fitness at 4:50am
I got the book.
I will NOT give it up this time.
I will NOT talk about it either, I WILL do it.

glad to see your post here, made me feel inspired.

Oh, I was thinkin' more along the lines of someone sending about 20 large pizzas and some male strippers over to your house.

"Hi, is this 'Corky's Fertilizers for Less'? Sure, I'd like to order 10 square yards of fresh stuff delivered COD to my home at 1234 SE 26th St in Canyon Lake, CA...uh-huh. Yep. Just go ahead and dump it on the driveway, I'll cart it around back when I get home from skydiving."

He he heee....ain't I a stinker? ;)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Your wish is my command! 20 large male strippers and some pizza's comming round to 22920 Gold Rush PL, Canyon Lake, CA 92587...;)

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Hey Mike...actually I have followed Body For Life for almost 3 years now. I started back in 8/01 at 32.7% body fat and as of 12/03 I was at 17.9%. Lots of hard work and patience but very worth it.....Not just a diet - it really is a way of life, and a rather easy one to follow. As a follow up, for those chisseled abs, you should check out his brothers book called "AbSolution"...Kick ass abs...but that is also when you are at your peak fitness, still not there yet. Skydiving and beer....:P

Congrats on your success - keep it up!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...