unformed

quizno's trade secrets

while at quizno's today, i figured out one of their trade secrets, and i want everyone in the world to know.

they have two kinds of tray, ones with square corners and ones with cut corners.

they use the ones with cut corners for to-go orders, and the square corners for eat here orders.

thank you vewwwwy vewwwy much :D:D:D
This ad space for sale.

WHOA!!!

Better watch your back....might have some lawyers tapping you on the shoulder pretty soon!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Want to know another secret....??

They're a fancier subway....with a toaster!
Crazy, eh!!??:S

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

yeah, cuz the people who prep the sandwich put it on the metal "secret" tray, and then put it in the toaster, and then it comes out and somebody else either puts it in a bag or on a plastic tray. this way they don't get confused and do the wrong thing. the metal tray holds the secret communication.
This ad space for sale.

hey're a fancier subway....with a toaster!

Naw, they're a more expensive subway with crappy sammiches. Subway has toasters now, but try to explain to the high school dropout behind the counter how to cut your bread the "old way" and that you want a Pizza Sub. No its not on the menu, but yes you can make it...

Ever want to climb over the glass and do it yourself?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Do you remember their old commercials with the hamster looking creatures with their eyes going around in circles? That song..."New quiznos subs...they are tasty they are crunchy they are warm because we toast them....we got a pepper bar!" What is the hell were they thinking?:D

What is the hell were they thinking?:D

Smartest marketing move I've ever seen!! They were just starting to go nationwide and needed some help... Those ad's gave them a TON of extra exposer on other TV and radio shows. Now whether they meant to have such an obnoxious commercial that everybody hated and would talk about, I don't know.....but it worked!!

Smartest marketing move I've ever seen!! They were just starting to go nationwide and needed some help... Those ad's gave them a TON of extra exposer on other TV and radio shows. Now whether they meant to have such an obnoxious commercial that everybody hated and would talk about, I don't know.....but it worked!!

Didn't work for me. I actually made it a point to go to subway instead of quizno's after seeing that commercial. ;)

Greenie in training.

My son and I eat at a Subway last Sunday and I was reprimanded for calling the women behind the counter "Ma’am". (It should be noted that she was obviously NOT a teenager) She went on to say that she was only 27 and that means she is not a Ma'am. She then asked my age (39) and that as I am older I should NOT be calling he Ma;am.

I then turned to my son who is 14 and said "Get her Matt!", at which point he looked at her and said "Yes Ma'am".;)

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy

OMG subway isn't even in the same league as quiznos. Toasters do help at subway, but it's just nowhere near as good. I never leave subway saying "MMMM TOASTY!" like every time I leave quiznos! And at subway I get funny looks when I only want the bread and cheese toasted and not the whole damn sangwich.

As for rounded/square corners, I don't even wanna know. It tastes great either way.

Dave

I used to like subway. Before I discovered that subs at freaking Wawa convenience stores are better. I miss Wawa... none north of PA. I used to give subway the finger every time I drove by just because I was embarrased that they sucked so much compared to Wawa. But then when Quiznos reached MD while I was in college, OMG... heaven.

Dave

MSN/Slate on Quizno's campaign

Original thread about it on this forum B|

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

You like Quiznos that much? Damn, next thing I know you'll be bitching about Freebirds wonderful tasteeee-ness.:P

We both know I think Habanero Grill is the superior burrito, but I still wouldn't kick Freebird's outta' bed.;)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™