antifnsocial

closing pin jewelry poll

Do you wear one?

If so post it!

I want to see and think about what kind I want.

I have seen necklaces, bracelets, anklets and tattoos. What'cha got for me? Which should I get?? :)
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

This is mine. I made it myself.

Each of the three closing pins was made in memorial of a friend that I lost this past year. They each have different messages on the front, and their names and dates on the back. I have snowflake obsidian crosses, silver butterflies, celtic diamonds, and crosses of another stone (can't remember what it's called...'Picasso' something :S) on it.

The jump rings look a smidge oxidized; I wear it 24/7. I could clean those up with some metal cleaner if I had the motivation. :S
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Peacefuljeffrey made me mine, its made from 550 cord and is in the same colors as my rig...Jade & Purple.

I am very proud of mine, it never comes off...

You just made my day, Sweetness!

I'm ten feet tall and bounceproof at this moment! :)
I'm so glad you like it and wear it proudly! :)

Ella, I wear a closing pin necklace that I made (see attached) and a bracelet that is a simple closing loop made out of paracord. Oops, I mean I wear three of them. (also pictured)

You'll see a small Monkey's Fist necklace too, but I've been wearing that since before I knew they were involved in skydiving! :ph34r: Happy coincidence!

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I have several necklaces. A purple beaded one, a purple and yellow one on black that says jump, one I don't ever wear anymore that is sterling with a diamond ( I thought I had this one sold) and a plain one that came off my rig when it seperated from the bridle and I had my high speed mal.

I used to have a tiny closing pin drop on my belly ring but I gave that away.

I also have some earrings but I don't wear them much.

I was recognized by a girl in Barnes and Nobles in ATL awhile back by my necklace. She used to jump but stopped after hitting some power lines. Made for some nice conversation as I was there the day she got hurt but didn't know her.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

My son bought mine after I broke my leg. It's made out of volcanic ash. When I'm not wearing it, I hang it off the rear-view mirror of my car.

umm....Kai, honey...I can't see the closing pin necklace very well but what I can see....

Noice pecs ;)

oh...by the way...what's the tat on the left upper arm?
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Mine has a leather necklace with 2 beautiful tribal beads and two small wooden beads tied across from eachother. Got it in Hawaii after I re-enlisted in the Navy before a tandem. I wore it with the pin facing left while I was doing tandems and now I won't wear it unless it's pointing to the right. Couldn't tell ya why, just started doing that!;)
The key to being a good teacher, is to be a good listener...

its made from 550 cord .... it never comes off...

hopefully it has a fairly easily breakable clasp.. otherwise it could also be your noose in the case of an unfortunate hangup B|

wearing 550 cord without some sort of breakable clasp can be a serious strangulation hazard..

I've been doing it for twelve years. If you're conscious about it, it's not a real big risk. When I jump, any and all of it is safely under my jumpsuit and doesn't come out.

I have weighed that risk, and find what there is of it acceptable. In other words, I don't fear what you are saying coming to pass. Thank you for the insight, though. I'm not saying that you're wrong, just that it's okay with me.

Misty, if you want me to, I can always make you something that does have a "break" to it. It'd be a different kind of necklace. I do make some stuff that uses jewelry findings (clasps and such). I tend to avoid it because I like the knot-loop way of closing things for its simplicity.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

mayeb later this week i'll dig out the incident reports of soldiers who were strangled by their dogtags because they replaced the standard chain (designed to break under strain) with 550 cord..[:/]

you might not have any clue the danger your in until its to late... i dont take mine off when i jump either, but it is a simple silver chain and would break long before it became a hazard.. 550 cord will not... making an intentional break point is simply smart design... no necklace is worth your life is it?

I've got to agree with Zenister. I've had a CP necklace get snagged once on exit on a King Air door. It broke at the clasp.

The week before, someone at the DZ convinced me to stop wearing my packing tool around my neck. That one was Cypres loop material with the steel leverage bar.

If I'd been wearing that and it snagged I'd be dead.

Never wear anything on your neck during a jump that's stronger than your neck.:|

Now, for the rest of the thread, as for what I wear I have a great purple/silver/white CP necklace that Pammi made me, and also a tattoo.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

:$:$:$:$:$:$

Its my personality!! wild, crazy, untameable, and loveable lol

ooh...there's something about Taz that just makes me want to snuggle him and give him a big 'ole hug. :)
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Good Point, Never thought of that. Now that you mention it, it gets stuck every once and a while cause the leather is starting to dry out really bad. I'll probably re-string it. Thanks for keeping me safe Zen!
The key to being a good teacher, is to be a good listener...

i wear one since i finished AFF.
i just ordered a reserve pin to have one made, since i graduated on my reserve [:/] i thought it would be a fitting memento... thanks for the ideas of how to assemble one.
life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
(helen keller)

I have a Single Helix swoop pin on a simple necklace. These are the coolest pins I've ever seen, but since its a friend of mine that makes them I'm a bit bias.:D

Picture

*somebody has to do this, it might as well be me...*

"swoooop! dere it is..." ;):P

Cool looking pin, though!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I had one.
I loved it.
It was hemp in Blue and yellow.
It came off and I never felt it go.[:/]...gone....