kelel01

I need an idea . . .

It's all about Texas, Kel....

Houston is cool IF you can avoid the traffic. :S

Psh. Houston's cool. Period. I'm here. Duh's here. The gang's all here. You should move here. B| Traffic is not THAT bad, summers are not THAT bad, and the DZs, the people, and the night life are THAT GOOD!

And y'all are showing up for the party I'm throwing at SDH, right?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It's all about Texas, Kel....

Houston is cool IF you can avoid the traffic. :S

Psh. Houston's cool. Period. I'm here. Duh's here. The gang's all here. You should move here. B| Traffic is not THAT bad, summers are not THAT bad, and the DZs, the people, and the night life are THAT GOOD!

When?

And Kel, I'll look around - I'm bound to know someone who works for an HR staffing firm...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I need to get away from here, find a new place, find a new job, etc. My life is so very mundane right now.

Has anyone here just picked up and moved? How did you decide where to go? Was it scary? Did it work out?

Has anyone suddenly changed careers? Again, how?
------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I live in southern California until the age of 18 and then one day I just up at split to Seattle. I lived there for 5 years or so and it was the best thing I ever did. Eventually I moved back to So Cal for career purposes, but I hope to find myself back in Seattle in years to come.

From a skydivers perspective, it's pretty hard to go wrong with Southern California, Northern California, and Arizona from a moderate weather standpoint.

Whatever you decide I would say go for it, but make sure that the place you choose has jobs that are capable of supporting your lifestyle. For a really long time I wanted to move to Driggs, Idaho which borders Jackson, Wy. in the heart of the Grand Tetons. Small town. Absolutely beautiful part of the country. Great skiing, climbing, and fishing, but ulitmately the job market sucks there and I wasn't willing to starve my way through each winter working as a chairlift operator up at the ski hill.

Do you have friends living somewhere that you might interested in moving?

Good luck and let us know where you decide to go!! :)

Cheers,

J.P>

When?

And Kel, I'll look around - I'm bound to know someone who works for an HR staffing firm...

Lord willing and the crick don't rise... June 11th. Alternate date is June 18th.

I guess I need to check with the dz at some point, huh? :P
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I just moved to Phoenix about 2 months ago. It was scary but fun at the same time. So far it is working out pretty good. It was a little ocky at first, but I survived. Plus, I moved to ATL about 7 1/2 years ago by myself. And I survived that too.

I decided to move here because there is a school that I really want to go to. Plus I was feeling stagnant at the time so I figured I would change things up a little. Try something new and different.

There is a ton of outdoors stuff to do here. You have the desert and the mountains within reasonable drive. The only thing that is not close is the beach, that is about a 4- hour drive away.

If you want someone to talk to about moving on your own contact me and ask anything you would like.

Chiquita
"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

Then do it! Otherwise you will regret it later.

I am sure you will find plenty of people that will tell you not to do it and why you shouldn't do it. (trust me I know this from experience) But they are not you and you need to do what you need to do.

You can pretty much find a job anywhere (especially if you stay near a city) and you can find a place to live anywhere. I picked my apartment without looking at it before the day I moved in. If you want advice on finding a decent apartment let me know, I know of a 2 websites that I used to find out about different apartments. They tell you a lot more than the ones that help you find available ones. These sites rate the apartments on about 5 categories, and it is done by people that either live there or have lived there.

Besides the worst that can happen is you don't like where you move to and you either move back or try somewhere else to go. The experiences you have are worth it.

Thank you. I am not 100% sure yet. They offer 2 programs that I really like. I am thinking I will start with the Holistic Healthcare program and then maybe the other one. But that may change by the time I start.

Did I hear party?!

:):D:D

Yes'm....you most certainly did.....

But, for the record, I don't know *ANYTHING* about multiple cases of Shiner *OR* bottles of Patron/Gentleman Jack/Cpt Morgan....:)

...my >:( twin is in charge of that!! :P;)
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I need to get away from here, find a new place, find a new job, etc. My life is so very mundane right now.

Has anyone here just picked up and moved? How did you decide where to go? Was it scary? Did it work out?

Up and moved - yes. To California...there's a post somewhere on here about it. Then to Florida...again...another post on that move. And then again back to Wisconsin (no post this time :D). Scary? Yes, it was but it was also exciting. Work out - depends on how you define "work out." I learned a lot about myself in that time so it's all good.

Changed careers? :D Yes. Let's see...I got out of high school and got my cosmetology license. Did that for a bit and realized it wasn't for me. Went back to school for my Bachelors of Science - Management Information Systems. Did that for a few years and got sick of being laid off. (IT is always the first to go. :S) And now, I'm going back to school to become a vet and while doing so will be working as an off-shift operations manager plus I'm interning at the local zoo.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I would, but all the citizenship stuff . . . seems like a lot of trouble. I would absolutely move to B.C., though.

New question: anyone ever moved from the U.S. to Canada, and how much trouble was it? :D

My brother did it. He married a canuck. It took a lot of time and effort, had to prove he wasn't taking a canucks job, and the paperwork lasted what seemed like for ever. But it is sooo beautiful in BC. I try to visit once a year to see the fam.

Come to NorCal. The snowy mountains are a short drive for the snowboarding and we have lots of DZs that you can jump year around. King Air to 18K. Gotta love it.

Party On,

Monkeyboy
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I'm doing it as we speak, except the career part.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Yep, did the same thing.

Moved to Phoenix to get on with my career in flying airplanes.
My wife and i uprooted our lives in Massachusetts, and here we are in the Phoenix area...it is a wonderful place to be...Sunny all the time. Eloy and Coolidge are not too far away...ie, skydiving whenever you want.

Change is good. Follow your dreams. If not, just follow a road.

jeff D-16906

if you are single & being on your own with nothing established, i would NOT go to California. i grew up there & just visited in April..... the cost of living is ASTRONOMICAL! Big cities out there are fun but housing & commuting is so expensive and time-consuming.

good luck!
~hollywood

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com