kelel01

Weekend numbers

6:16:1

I'm finding it hard to believe that this was my 6th American Boogie. Met and jumped with some great people and hope to see them again someday. got to see a lot of old friends who I never get to see often enough and missed my friends who couldn't be there.

Was on some really nice bigger ways, we pulled off the 1 hybrid with Anne (?) and Addie hanging and the same two on the dragon jump :) Some really cool horny gorillas (now that I know what a horny gorilla really is ;) ),2 night jumps and 1 pseudo cross country. Couple nice zoo loads and one 12 way tube jump that fell apart out the door :S
Oh, beer owed for my first tube jump (freefly tube). Then again, Iwan fell like a rock and I had just barely caught up with it before breakoff.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Re: Hard openings- what are you flying and how is your body position when you dump? Is it possible you are dumping while you are still in a track?

Umm- and the beer rule was made for rookies- there are NO exemptions! :P

since when do we pie for anything under a thousand at SDC anyway?

I had about 5 people and 3 riggers offering up suggestions and packing for me (thanks everybody!). Its not my body position, not my tracking, rolling the nose didn't help, psycho pack didn't help. Consensus seems to be I need a bigger slider. But someone else suggested a F-111 pc, so I put one on and tried it. Still seemed hard, but not quite as bad. I'm gonna try that one more time and then go with the slider if its hard again. I can't take another full weekend of these openings! :S

Ok, ok, I'll pay up. Next time I come I'll bring a few cases to cover all my debts. :P;)

Awww, you're kidding me! I gotta wait till AJ hits 1000 to pie her? I think she needs it before then. ;):ph34r:
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

How well does your container fit you? Is it a rental? If not, was it custom made? A slammer can feel 10 times worse when your rig doesn't fit well.

I had a used Javelin that was way too big for me, and the openings on my Sabre sometimes left me in tears. Then when I got my custom Wings, I'm pretty sure the openings aren't much different (Iif at all), but I wasn't floating up and slamming down into the leg straps, so the openings don't bother me a bit. They're speedy, but no longer painful.

How well does your container fit you? Is it a rental? If not, was it custom made?

It fits pretty well (many exp people and instructors have actually commented that it fits me very well). Its mine, but wasn't custom made. (But it is the correct size for my body) It is definitely more comfortable than the student rig I used! I don't think I'm floating up in the straps before opening. I cinch them down really tight on the ground, and they are just a tiny bit looser after I land.

Thanks for the suggestion, tho! I need all the help I can get to figure this one out! :)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

;):2:0

With some encourgment from friends at the DZ, I finally got myself over my fear of long delays and back to top floor jumps......did 2 from 10k....nothing pretty but it felt good to be back at altitude :)
Got my 3rd and 4th jumps on my new gear :)

Used my pro-track for the 1st time(NO thats not a beer offence)....was cool looking at alti and hearing it go off at the same time....also learned that it takes me 1000 feet to wave off and get a canopy over my head.

Big thanks to all the coachs/instructors at my DZ for their help this weekend :)

Used my pro-track for the 1st time(NO thats not a beer offence)

SAYS WHO????

sounds like to me!

The rules are actually very clear on this... and he is in the clear... 1sts on new equipment only apply to gear such as New Rigs, New Canopies... I read them the other day... :P your in the clear DeNReN...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

If you have to ask, you owe beer! Isn't that in the rules too? (or is it one of those unwritten rules?)

alas but he would still be in the clear...

Used my pro-track for the 1st time(NO thats not a beer offence)

He stated that it wasn't an offense...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Used my pro-track for the 1st time(NO thats not a beer offence)....

Bullshit!

If you say the F word and get caught... it's beer. Even for something silly like "first time landing in a bean field at sunset."

Soon you will learn - never say the F word! :ph34r:

This is the 1st time you have directly responded to one of my posts

Excellent! I'll PM you my address so you can send me a case of my favorite beer. :D:D:D

Bwahahahaha NICE ONE BYTCH!!!! :D
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

1:1:1
1 scary drive home (the gas light is not just another illumanted light...>:(:S:ph34r:)
1 jump after packing class (w/me spotting!:)none this week, but paid off prev. week plus some- my packing coach put up with a lot from meee yesterday:$
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce