Kid_Icarus

What's your "Other" sport?

I sail, but sailing isn't really a sport, it's more an excuse to get out on the water, look around and drink beer.

Yeah, I've done that sort of 'sailing' before as a courtesy to others.

It's what skydiving and BASE jumping have in common -- similar equipment.

Love to take you out in a Soling in heavy seas and see you actually down a beer through your mouth without it flowing into your nose or overboard -- assuming you aren't already yacking your guts out. ;)

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

I don't go 4-wheel'n much anymore, I just really can't afford to replace the shit I break when I go. It happens, you bend something, break something, etc while riding hard.

Someday I dream of having a purpose built rig for that purpose...don't know when or if it will happen, but I have the dream and the list of parts/how I'm going to build it, in my head.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Scuba diving, hiking, binge drinking.

Motocross, but I sold my bike. (on a side note, I have noticed that two stroke exhaust and turbine exhaust elicit the same euphoric feelings in me)

I'm going to start doing Bikrams Yoga again to increase my body awareness for Freeflying.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

CAVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all about caving :)

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

That's the biggest reason I got rid of my Jeep... It was totally stock and I was taking it off road and doing stuff in it that I should not have been doing, but also the gas was killing me in it... I really thought (before I got back into skydiving) that I would buy a CJ this summer and build it the way I wanted... That idea has since gone out the window...

Four Wheel'n....Rock Crawling to be specific.
Toyota 4x4 - Locked front and rear with Marlin Crawler dual cases B|

Awesome, one of my customers builds early bronco rock crawlers. Dana 60's front and rear, fuel inj. crate motors, atlat t-cases with tera low. Hyd. steering, coil overs front and rear. Really cool stuff.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Golf (I used to be pretty good. Now it's just a way to relax during low ceilings.)

Boating. I love older boats (not quite ancient, but not new either.) I have a '73 18 foot Bonanza deep V W/ a 165 Mercruiser I/O, a '76 17.5 foot Larson deep V w/ a 115 hp Johnson OB, and a 23' Rivera Cruiser (no year on the title) pontoon w/ a 90 hp Merc OB (can you say party barge? :)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

>Love to take you out in a Soling in heavy seas and see you actually
> down a beer through your mouth without it flowing into your nose or
> overboard -- assuming you aren't already yacking your guts out.

Funny you should mention that; I grew up sailing. When I was 14 I couldn't drive but I could sail, and the water was only a block away. I could get to my friend's house in half an hour, and get to the store in 20 minutes. I started on a Sunfish and then graduated to a friend's Hobie Cat. We also realized that you could drink out on the water and no one (usually) would ever know, so we'd stash beer on the boat, sail out into the Sound and drink.

Inevitably, handling beer, the sheet, the jib sheets and the tiller would result in lots of spilled beer, which would require lots of water to wash it all off us before we got back. The Sunfish had an easy explanation - "we capsized" - but since the Hobie was tough to right after capsizing we needed a better explanation, so we always claimed it was the spray. I can remember my father hearing that one day, then looking out over Oyster Bay at the two knots of wind coming off the water, and wondering what the heck we were really doing.

You should visit Texas and go tubing with me sometime. Its a similar sport, especially in Gruene on the Guadalupe.

Hell Yeah! I do that at least once every year two days in a row. By the time I am done I can't drink another beer for a week.:D:P I definatly recommend trying that. As far as actual sports goes I like inline/ice hockey and skating. Oh yeah and Hacky that's a sport right?

Awesome, one of my customers builds early bronco rock crawlers. Dana 60's front and rear, fuel inj. crate motors, atlat t-cases with tera low. Hyd. steering, coil overs front and rear. Really cool stuff.:D

That is the really cool stuff and I've seen some Bad Ass Broncos out on the trail. My husband works for Marlin Crawler, we do alot of wheel'n and hit alot of events, it's so much fun, kick ass rigs.

Jumpchik and AggieDave......keep that dream alive,
"Where there's a wheel, there's away";)

Candy

I'm one of the captains of my university's soccer team, I also play hockey during the winter. For non-competition sports, I rock climb and ski when I can. As a lifeguard, I also swim a lot.

I guess I'm a bit of a jock :S
cavete terrae.