bisqit999

Dear Coca Cola,

Coke C2 for me. pepsi's too sweet. of course, i like canadian coke way better than american coke. different sugars, far different taste. in the states, i prefer mountain dew, mostly for the caffeine, which canadian mountain dew doesn't have.
:S what's up with that anyway?
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Pepsi has a better taste, better commercials, and a better price (always on sale).

Well, being from Atlanta, Coke is the one that's always on sale....$1 six-pack or less...but I agree with the idea that it goes down better with alcohol, especially a good rum with lime. Or, better yet, as a good bourbon chaser. B|
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Go to the kitchen store and buy a good quality citrus juicer for $30. Then go to the natural foods store and buy a sack of organic oranges. When you're in need of a fix, cut two oranges in half, juice and drink immediately (make sure to wash the juicer immediately, too). You'll be amazed at how good it tastes, and you'll be happy with how much better you feel. In the long run, you might even save money.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

No .. I'll have you know .. we have the best sodas over here in Blighty ... coming it at number one .. without question ...

Dandelion and Burdock

and at number 2 a firm favourite ... Irn Bru - Made in Scotland from Girders!!

and coming up in third place ... Tizer!!

you'll be happy with how much better you feel.

Actually, in large quantities, juice is less healthy than soda. It is after all pretty much just sugar and water. I put on thirty pounds when I switched from soda to oj.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

I think they still put it in there.

I tried to kick my 2 bottle a day diet coke habit twice this year. Both times went several months without one, supplementing my caffiene need with white tea and coffee. Then for some reason I thought I could have just one, what would one little glass hurt..... So now as I sit here sipping on a diet coke I know you need a 12 step program to quit this stuff.
Fly it like you stole it!

Actually, in large quantities, juice is less healthy than soda. It is after all pretty much just sugar and water. I put on thirty pounds when I switched from soda to oj.

I disagree that juice is less healthy than soda, based entirely on caloric content, or even on carbohydrate content. Keeping weight off can't be compared to ingesting known carcinogens.

Yes, just about anything ingested in large quantites is unhealthy. Moderation is key to any diet, but less chemicals and less food processing beats fewer calories, IMO.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I disagree that juice is less healthy than soda, based entirely on caloric content, or even on carbohydrate content. Keeping weight off can't be compared to ingesting known carcinogens.

Sure it can. It as easy as comparing the health risk from adding several hundred calories a day to your diet to the infintesstimal increase to a single percentage point in regards to your cancer risk.

True, I can marginally elevate my risk for cancer if I drink enoguh soda for 20 people every single day for the next ten years, but if I try the same thing with juice, I'll probably be dead from morbid obesity or or some other illness long before that.

You can make a lot of good cases against soda, but playing the cancer card really amounts to little more than psuedo/uneducation or baseless fearmongering.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

But if you think that drinking diet soda helps you keep your weight down,

Oh, definitely not. I've seen too many people use a diet soda to wash down a candy bar to think it's a free ride. Too many people use diet soda as a crutch thinking it makes their over-indulgence ok.

Alot of people say moderation is the key, but I think listening to your body is just as helpful. After some experimenting, I realized that I wasn't usually craving the sweet but the flavor. I started trying some of the new flavored waters that are out and it pretty much took care of soda for me. Now I tend to only drink a few bottles a week and only then when I have an overwhelming craving for something sweet. I figure this is as much a result of my body's response to my bad eating habits(1 - 2 meals a day at irregular intervals) as anything.

-Blind

Coca-Cola can kiss my ass. I work for a large insurance comapny, so I do the disability claims for Coca-Cola and they are terrible to their employees. They are super anal about everything, they actually fired a woman for having a pepsi can in her car at work. They are nuts!

Ginny
The words I have to say, May well be simple but they're true, Until you give your love, There's nothing more that we can do-David Bowie